Nigel Pearson should he stay or should he go?

should he stay or go?

• keep him regardless of promotion or not

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • sack him at the end of the season; if we dont go up

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Sack him now

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamworth Fox

I think he should be sacked today: its Nigel's team; he picked this squad and has had ample opportunity to change it.

He has no divine to pick and drop players; stick them in reserves and loan them out
How will that motivate a player?

In my opinion he needs to go. I was the first to be delighted with his initial capture, I am not now.

Get someone new.

I hope this is the end, Goodbye Nigel.

Just what we needed, another thread on Pear Son... you must have missed the existing one.

I've changed it to say that. I've also made it an anonymous poll.

Can I do an anonymous post in this thread?

Unless you have a Sousaesque start to the season, where it's obvious from the start that the manager is going to ruin the club if he is allowed to continue, I am fiercely against changing managers during the season. You do your scouting, you pick your manager and you stick with him through the bad patches.

In the case of Pearson, I think he is tactically limited and we should look for a replacement - but I think it's naive to believe that replacing him at this stage would do more than possibly a very temporary improvement. Change takes time. I wouldn't want us to panic and not think this through - we've written enough cheques for managers during the last couple of years, lost some time and I dare say that the next appointment (if Pearson doesn't take us up, which seems unlikely now) is absolutely vital. And to hurry that decision would be very unwise.

Therefore, option number two for me, thank you.

Far far too late to sack Pearson now.

We have to hope we can scrape into the play offs and then more by luck than anything else come through the play off or at the worst give the fans a decent day out at Wembley.

As soon as the season ends and whatever the outcome, a taxi please for Mr Pearson. He is tactically inept in this divison so in the unlikely eveny of us being promoted he would be completely out of his depth in the Premier League.

I don't have any problem with people being arrogant - providing they have something to be arrogant about. Pearson doesn't. He can't motivate the players and all he is good at at the moment is patronising fans and interviewers with a load of old bollocks.

Get rid but we have to wait another couple of months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he should be sacked today: its Nigel's team; he picked this squad and has had ample opportunity to change it.

He has no divine to pick and drop players; stick them in reserves and loan them out
How will that motivate a player?

In my opinion he needs to go. I was the first to be delighted with his initial capture, I am not now.

Get someone new.

I hope this is the end, Goodbye Nigel.
yep nigel out by tuesday

Last edited:
I do not think too many people will accuse me of being blind to Nigel Pearson's faults (!) but, I struggle to find any advantage to sacking him now. Wait until the end of the season, and the replacement becomes less urgent and there should be more candidates available. A knee jerk reaction now, and we end up with another manager foisted upon us, rather than chosen.

Just relieved the results elsewhere didn't go too badly really. We desperately need a win. Smash through this 60 point barrier and accelerate. Bemused as to what has happened. Surely every player's form can't have turned to shite at the same time? What on earth has happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566