Nigel Pearson should he stay or should he go?

should he stay or go?

• keep him regardless of promotion or not

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • sack him at the end of the season; if we dont go up

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Sack him now

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what I want to see - Pearson is a dead man walking.

I agree with you - sorry about that Mawsley!

However, I think there is scope to look wider than Nigel Adkins - who would probably be an OK manager but a bit too dull for my liking.

I suggest Paulo Di Canio! This would create interest and sell tickets - and also show a commitment to playing football.

I agree with you - sorry about that Mawsley!

However, I think there is scope to look wider than Nigel Adkins - who would probably be an OK manager but a bit too dull for my liking.

I suggest Paulo Di Canio! This would create interest and sell tickets - and also show a commitment to playing football.

Ha, good one.

I think that Nigel Pearson will turn out to be a fantastic manager for this football club and build a side capable of competing in the Premier League, this is when he is fully able to rid the club of the vampiric dross bought in under previous regimes and for a lot of expense. We are 5th in the Championship, and I believe we will win in Cardiff on Tuesday which will make light of all this nonsense talk of sacking the manager.

We need to instill confidence back to the players somehow, he has done that before and I believe will do it again. Strap in all, there are more twists to come yet, don't give up. Don't make rash decisions, don't sack Mr Pearson.

I think that Nigel Pearson will turn out to be a fantastic manager for this football club and build a side capable of competing in the Premier League, this is when he is fully able to rid the club of the vampiric dross bought in under previous regimes and for a lot of expense. We are 5th in the Championship, and I believe we will win in Cardiff on Tuesday which will make light of all this nonsense talk of sacking the manager.

We need to instill confidence back to the players somehow, he has done that before and I believe will do it again. Strap in all, there are more twists to come yet, don't give up. Don't make rash decisions, don't sack Mr Pearson.

I'm not blaming the fans for the current dip in form, but the poisonous atmosphere at the minute isn't helping to drag us out of it. Yesterday, the morons behind me were singing the Marshall song for the first 20 minutes and then when he started to mis-pass a few they started to slaughter him - booing and jeering everything. It's no wonder the players started snatching at chances.

We are 5th in the Championship, and I believe we will win in Cardiff on Tuesday which will make light of all this nonsense talk of sacking the manager.
On what do you base this belief?

On what do you base this belief?

Football supporter madness. We've all got it

Mine's gone though, for the time being, which allows for a brief moment of clarity

We'll get stuffed on Tuesday, and we all know it deep down

It's all the fans fault, or Sky, or summat. Our Nigel is fine

Mine's gone though, for the time being, which allows for a brief moment of clarity

I genuinely think we will get at least a point at Cardiff.

Its the way football is - there isn't that much difference in quality between the teams in this division and I expect us to play with a lot of determination and pride.

None of this would change my mind about Pearson. League 1 standard manager - will never get us or anyone else into top flight football.

I've seen nothing recently to suggest that our players are likely to play with determination and pride on Tuesday. That doesn't mean we won't, of course, but it's difficult to see where it's going to come from.

I've seen nothing recently to suggest that our players are likely to play with determination and pride on Tuesday. That doesn't mean we won't, of course, but it's difficult to see where it's going to come from.

And that is precisely the attraction of the game. The fact that it's difficult to see where that performance is going to come from makes the match a banana skin for Cardiff. We do have some quality and on the day we can play extremely well. The issue is that Pearson is brilliant at stuffing things up when we are doing well. I don't know if any or what internal bust ups are involved over the last few weeks but I'm increasingly think that there are man management issues here - did Chris Wood score too many goals for pearson's liking - what I mean is was Wood getting too much glory to be comfortable for Pearson's ego?

No, you are right. It's all Nige. In no way should we lay any blame on the players, after all, adults can't be expected to do their job on the pitch can they, it's all Nige.

Of course it's all the manager. He has to take ultimate responsibility. That's his job. If his tactical approach isn't working it's his job to find something that works. I the players aren't performing it's his job to either get them performing or to find new players who will. The buck stops with him. Every time.

If he can't find a way to encourage them, force them, change the system or do whatever else it takes to get them playing then it's his fault and he has to go. What do you think they pay him for? I wish I could get away with blaming everybody else when things go wrong at work.

May I ask three questions:

On what evidence do you base this theory about NP building a Premier League side? Which members of the current first team squad are Sven's "dross"? and; When does one concede that Pearson isn't up to the job? (On the after-match phone-in, someone suggested four years!)

I do not think too many people will accuse me of being blind to Nigel Pearson's faults (!) but, I struggle to find any advantage to sacking him now. Wait until the end of the season, and the replacement becomes less urgent and there should be more candidates available. A knee jerk reaction now, and we end up with another manager foisted upon us, rather than chosen.

Agreed to let go now would be idiotic. And the likely replacement to be temporary.

Okay folks i think we should all calm down a little ,the Board will decide whats going to happen to NP ,but for me with so few games left now this season is there any point in him being dimissed,then if the managment do decide that he should go let them wait until the end of the season,so that they can take a good look to see whats on offer,i just dont see the point in him going right now,as for some of his decisions,on the pitch im sure that putting a 6.5 mid stricker on the wing ,,its no good the fans moaning about the guy when hes playing out of position,and thats just one instance and there are to many more to mention .so lets all wait and see.

I think that Nigel Pearson will turn out to be a fantastic manager for this football club and build a side capable of competing in the Premier League, this is when he is fully able to rid the club of the vampiric dross bought in under previous regimes and for a lot of expense.

Sorry alex, but this is plainly absurd. Our four most reliable and consistent performers this season are Schmeichel (SGE buy), Morgan (NP buy), Konchesky (SGE buy) and Nugent (SGE buy). Our other best defender is St. Ledger (SGE buy). The others are frighteningly inconsistent. Sometimes good, sometimes awful. He deserves credit for signing Morgan. Although, if what I've heard about Billy Davies being completely determined to get him back at Florist is true, he may not be here much longer. Our shambolic inability to deliver consistent performances is solely the responsibility of NP. They're his players, playing his way.

NP has done some positive things for the club. He has removed some toxic influences and recruited some players with potential. However, the faults and weaknesses in his management are so clear and obvious that it beggars belief to think he's going to somehow magic us into a Premier League team. He's exactly the same today as he was four years ago when he started out here. He hasn't learned a thing. If fact, in some respects, he's got worse. For example, at least he used to understand that we weren't strong enough to play two in central midfield. I recall interviews from his first season with us where he said that Wellens and King needed Oakley on the right because we weren't competitive enough without him. Has anything really changed except his mind?

Then there is his waste of young prospects such as Moore, Gradel and Schlupp. He complete lack of inventiveness and innovation in terms of tactics, substitutions and options. Even his movement of Schlupp from striker to full back wasn't his idea - it came from SGE. He plainly can't manage challenging 'personalities'. How many totally obedient, passive, pawns to do think he'd acquire to play for us in the Premier League? If he did get us up miraculously, he'd just sign more of the same type. These players would look great for a couple of weeks until the defeats started racking up and then they'd turn into gibbering wrecks. We'd be a laughing stock until the owners finally ditched him.

Stick your head in the sand if you wish but many people are now seeing that he's not the right man for the job. What he does well, he's already done. All we have left is his nonsense and incompetence. Persisting with him any longer will do us no favours. Adkins, Coyle and Di Matteo have all got teams promoted from this league. They're all more capable, better qualified and more likely to deliver our wishes than NP. And they're all available. Why not improve ourselves?

I think there are better options but you're absolutely right about us needing a manager to reignite supporters. The ground is a morgue and fans are split and don't identify with the team one bit. We need a manager who is capable of generating passion on and off the pitch. Di Canio would certainly do that.

I think there are better options but you're absolutely right about us needing a manager to reignite supporters. The ground is a morgue and fans are split and don't identify with the team one bit. We need a manager who is capable of generating passion on and off the pitch. Di Canio would certainly do that.

You don't mind that he's a terrible racist and destructive in the dressing room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669