Nigel Pearson should he stay or should he go?

should he stay or go?

• keep him regardless of promotion or not

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • sack him at the end of the season; if we dont go up

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Sack him now

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although, if what I've heard about Billy Davies being completely determined to get him back at Florist is true, he may not be here much longer.

Whoa just a cotton pickin' minute.....

Where have you heard this?

Ooooh I don't think we should be rid of Pearson this side of the last game of the season but If Di Matteo was available I would have him in tonight.

Whoa just a cotton pickin' minute.....

Where have you heard this?

From the same Florist fan that told me that McLeish/Davies switch was coming before it happened or was reported. Morgan and Davies are very close. If you were Billy Davies, wouldn't you want to do it too?

Di Matteo, Coyle, Di Canio.

Feckin hell, makes a change from Dowie et all but please, no!

From the same Florist fan that told me that McLeish/Davies switch was coming before it happened or was reported. Morgan and Davies are very close. If you were Billy Davies, wouldn't you want to do it too?

I bet you any money he's here until the end of the season.

We need a manager who is capable of generating passion on and off the pitch. Di Canio would certainly do that.

Yes, yes he would. Dirty, disgusting, filthy, scumbag fascists certainly do tend to raise people's passion

Ooooh I don't think we should be rid of Pearson this side of the last game of the season but If Di Matteo was available I would have him in tonight.

Will be interesting to see where he goes next. He did alright at Chelsea, including the Champions League obviously, but doubt he'll get another top offer.

He only lives down the M69 in Leamington Spa, but still think he's better than us unfortunately.

Yes, yes he would. Dirty, disgusting, filthy, scumbag fascists certainly do tend to raise people's passion

What do his politics matter? We're not electing him, he's being proposed as a potential football manager. I don't imagine that he'd be able to implement any facist policy with the power he'd have. He's also joint favourite to be our next boss according to Sky Bet.

We've cheered many players and managers whose politics have been completely abhorrent to you or I. The only difference with Di Canio is that he's apparently spoken about them. We know that a few years back we cheered a centre back who supported the BNP.

Also, do you not think that our owners politics might be a trifle dodgy? They're in bed with extremely questionable regimes from Thailand. Or does a £100m investment make a difference?

No, you are right. It's all Nige. In no way should we lay any blame on the players, after all, adults can't be expected to do their job on the pitch can they, it's all Nige.

Have you ever managed a group in a professional setting before Matt?

Just curious.

I have, and if my staff doesn't perform they are accountable to me. I'm accountable for their performance and output. As it should be.

Most "managers" would kill for the sort hiring options Pearson has. I can think of a few staff I'd love to loan out.

Have you ever managed a group in a professional setting before Matt?

Just curious.

I have, and if my staff doesn't perform they are accountable to me. I'm accountable for their performance and output. As it should be.

Most "managers" would kill for the sort hiring options Pearson has. I can think of a few staff I'd love to loan out.

Yes I have and whilst the overall output of the team (web development) was my responsibility, if a member of staff was lazing off or just generally not pulling their weight then the senior management would be after them, not me.

The moment I discovered Brown was a BNP supporting **** I wanted him buried under the nearest bridge being built. I certainly didn't cheer him on.

Last edited:
The moment I discovered Brown was a BNP supporting **** I wanted him buried under the nearest bridge being built. I certainly didn't cheer him on.

Exactly and the same would be true for any player I found out that about. I have no information regarding the Thai's dealings being dodgy beyond association and speculation, not that I could do anything about it if I did, I suppose.

Yes I have and whilst the overall output of the team (web development) was my responsibility, if a member of staff was lazing off or just generally not pulling their weight then the senior management would be after them, not me.

I think that's quite an unusual situation. If my team don't perform at work it's for me to get them performing. Otherwise I'm in some bother. It's for me to dish out the action necessary to get people performing or to change the make up of the team if I feel it is needed. My senior managers will let me deal with that and they will deal with me if the team as a collective isn't producing results.

Last edited:

Quite. I wouldn't find Di Canio an acceptable appointment. Supporting the club doesn't mean supporting everybody it employs.

The senior manager should be able to delegate that down to a responsible party. If someone on my team doesn't carry his weight it's my job to sort it out one way or another.

And in this case, isn't Nigel "senior"? Of course he is accountable for the output of the group he manages and builds.

Now going back to that, if Pearson makes the playoffs I'm of the opinion he's performed ok. Projects have peaks and valleys, but ultimately should be evaluated at the end. We aren't at the end of this project yet. If/when it becomes clear we aren't making the playoffs...that's a failed project. Some would say if we don't go up that is too...I've not decided yet.

Now if I'm Pearson, I would feel aggrieved to be let go before promotion becomes impossible. If I'm given a chance to finish the project and I fail? Well then you have to hold your hands up.

Last edited:

then the buck didn't stop with you....sweet :102:

What do his politics matter?

They matter because he's a dirty, disgusting, filthy, scumbag fascist and a sizeable section of our support would find his appointment unacceptable. Rightly so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670