Norwich City - Tuesday 28th November 2006 - Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
k.o. 7:45 p.m.

Tickets

We've got 1,367 seats at one end of the Jarrold Stand. They're actually cheaper than for the same match last season at £21 for adults, £15 for over 60s, under 16s and students and £10 for under 12s.

Tickets will go on sale as follows:
Monday 13th November - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1
Tuesday 14th November - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2
Wednesday 15th November - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3
Thursday 16th November - Members
Friday 17th November - General Sale

It should be noted that Norwich City have a waiting list for season tickets and their ground is usually full or nearly full. If we don;t sell the bulk of these tickets, there will undoubtedly be pressure on the ticket-office to send them back to Norwich for sale to away fans. Do not rely on tickets being available in the day.

Coaches

FoxTravel coaches will be leaving the Walkers Stadium at 2:30 p.m. Some of the money that you've saved on your match ticket will go towards the 50p all-round increase in the coach fare, which is now £15.50 for adult STHs, and £13.50 for concession STHs - no season ticket and you pay a quid more.

Directions

With the A47 passing through both Leicester and Norwich, you don't even need a map to make this journey. You'll probably find it quicker though to take the A6 or M1 down to the A14, then to follow the A14 all the way to Newmarket. From there take the A11 to Norwich and as you enter Norwich, follow the A47 south around the city. You will then see signs for Trowse and then for the football ground.

The 150-mile journey will probably take just over 3 hours, but please be aware that the A14 has recently been the subject of night-time closures recently with some lengthy diversions - these may affect your return journey.

Trains

You will not be surprised to read that you can not get back from Norwich by train after the match. Anybody though who wants to stay overnight and return to Leicester the following afternoon will find that Central Trains do an Advance ticket for the return journey at only £20 - journey time just less than 3 hours each way with one change.

Pubs

London Branch make a bit of a trek to the Rosary Tavern in Rosary Road, which although not too far from the station, it isn't exactly in the direction of the ground - good friendly pub though.

The proximity of the city centre and the railway station means that there is plenty of choice of pubs. The Compleat Angler in Prince of Wales is well placed for both the station and the ground and seems to be a favourite of Sunderland fans, but if you want real ale you might want to try the Coach and Horses in nearby Thorpe Road; it's rumoured that they have have pipes direct from the Chalk Hill Brewery next door.

Last season's thread

Last edited:
me too, trouble is it's the current mrs mk's birthday that day....the pay back may price me out.....
I haven't checked my diary, but I'm pretty certain I have a few meetings in Norwich that day, I'll also need a hotel :icon_wink

id love to go but derby have put an end to that idea the greedy bastards

Still not found out if I am working for this one, But i think it is highly likely.

Good stuff. Let me know as soon as so we can get tickets. I'm going with me old man so we can get a lift with him, although he will ask for petrol money no doubt. :icon_roll :icon_lol:

Got my ticket today - travelling up with the London Branch, so should be in early. Will post next week what pub we will be in. Will be staying in Norwich and sampling some of its fine pubs on the Wednesday, as it is possible to get back home to the wilds of Essex on Tuesday night, but it's bloody difficult. Looks like a late night curry after the game!

Got my ticket today - travelling up with the London Branch, so should be in early. Will post next week what pub we will be in. Will be staying in Norwich and sampling some of its fine pubs on the Wednesday, as it is possible to get back home to the wilds of Essex on Tuesday night, but it's bloody difficult. Looks like a late night curry after the game!

Where are you staying? I couldn't find a hotel anywhere near the ground with reasonable prices. Looks like I will be driving from and to coastal Kent.

Where are you staying? I couldn't find a hotel anywhere near the ground with reasonable prices. Looks like I will be driving from and to coastal Kent.

A couple of resonable priced B&Bs

http://www.wedgewoodhouse.co.uk/Tariff.htm

on St Stephens road around 1/2 mile from the ground

or Malborough House on Stacey Road near the station.

tel 01603 628005.

Not stayed at either but they are in this years Norwich tourist guide.

Good stuff. Let me know as soon as so we can get tickets. I'm going with me old man so we can get a lift with him, although he will ask for petrol money no doubt. :icon_roll :icon_lol:

What time do you think you would be leaving.
I am working till 5 I think, but perhaps I could try and finish at 4.
I guess that is too late though.

i'm not going to this one. but can recommend the compleat angler which is straight across the road from the station when you leave the main entrance. its over the river and on the right side i think...

i stayed in a travelodge style thingy last year and it was £50ish for a night, near bbc norwich. my mate got a bit drunk and went looking for alan partridge, great night

What time do you think you would be leaving.
I am working till 5 I think, but perhaps I could try and finish at 4.
I guess that is too late though.

We want to leave at 5 at the very latest, if you could finish at 4 that would be ideal, we could pick you up and leave straight away.

Staying at the Lansdown Hotel - £49.95, not cheap but handy for the station, ground and The Rosary Tavern where we will be drinking before the game - www.rosarytavern.com

Found the hotel via www.footballgroundguide.co.uk - a really useful website.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469