Norwich Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedfoxxx

well alot of people seem to be getting very specific about what will happen today so i'm gonna have a go too.

the mood isn't at all tense for either side before kick of, and although the blow of clemence being injured is big, the 2500 traveling city fans give a rapturous welcome to new boy osbourne.

and so the game begins and after a shaky first few minutes contaning a good clame by alnwick and a corner for norwich, the leiceter onslaught begins. a decent header loops over off an unmarked zsolt and the tension rises, but on 15 minutes hume brings down a speculative long ball to rifle a shot goalwards, its blocked and a scrabble ensuse only for the ball to pop out to little gabor bori to calmly slide in his first for city. the game calmes and just as city think they can go into a happy half time ollie rant, disaster for n'gotty as a clumsey tackle on huckerby on the corner of the area is given as a foul, a tense wait..... 'penalty'! says the ref. huckerby answers the norwich fans nervous silence by slotting the ball low to alnwick's left. 1-1 half time.

the game seems to have gone into long ball mode which suits dion dublin as he is moved up front after 65 minutes, his flick finds the impressivly busy huckerby who flashes a shot just wide of the far post. the norwick fans expect but their opposing fans are lifted by the introduction of a wiry dj campbell. his direct pace turns the game on its head and leicester city take the lead on 78 minutes as his crashes the ball low across the box and steve howard's task is simple. 2-1 leicester. and thats how it will end. a performance with passion, charater and resolve that never would have happened before ollie's positive brand of football. then all it will need is post match interveiws with men of the moment dj and matt oakley- who's dynamic performance helped city on their way to victory at carrow road.

and when all this happens i shall be clamed messiah by all!

Bezu Fache Fox

2-1, Hume and Howard. Dublin to sneak one for them near the end. Unlike some morons, I don't think a win here will spur us on to the play-offs, more likely spur us on to mid table safety - which I'd be very happy with.

Steven

well alot of people seem to be getting very specific about what will happen today so i'm gonna have a go too.

the mood isn't at all tense for either side before kick of, and although the blow of clemence being injured is big, the 2500 traveling city fans give a rapturous welcome to new boy osbourne.

and so the game begins and after a shaky first few minutes contaning a good clame by alnwick and a corner for norwich, the leiceter onslaught begins. a decent header loops over off an unmarked zsolt and the tension rises, but on 15 minutes hume brings down a speculative long ball to rifle a shot goalwards, its blocked and a scrabble ensuse only for the ball to pop out to little gabor bori to calmly slide in his first for city. the game calmes and just as city think they can go into a happy half time ollie rant, disaster for n'gotty as a clumsey tackle on huckerby on the corner of the area is given as a foul, a tense wait..... 'penalty'! says the ref. huckerby answers the norwich fans nervous silence by slotting the ball low to alnwick's left. 1-1 half time.

the game seems to have gone into long ball mode which suits dion dublin as he is moved up front after 65 minutes, his flick finds the impressivly busy huckerby who flashes a shot just wide of the far post. the norwick fans expect but their opposing fans are lifted by the introduction of a wiry dj campbell. his direct pace turns the game on its head and leicester city take the lead on 78 minutes as his crashes the ball low across the box and steve howard's task is simple. 2-1 leicester. and thats how it will end. a performance with passion, charater and resolve that never would have happened before ollie's positive brand of football. then all it will need is post match interveiws with men of the moment dj and matt oakley- who's dynamic performance helped city on their way to victory at carrow road.

and when all this happens i shall be clamed messiah by all!

You know Huckerby will try that. :icon_wink

Bezu Fache Fox

Agreed , then build on it in the summer ready for the push next season

I think play off's are a possibility next season, I just don't want to get carried away as I have done before, only to be disappointed by more failure.

Incidentally, I'm sure I heard Chris Edgerton from BBC Leicester doing the sports news on talksquawk - I always thought he was one of the more decent sports presenters on BBC Leicester, perhaps Barber will now get a bigger role? :068:

newtonfox

I think play off's are a possibility next season, I just don't want to get carried away as I have done before, only to be disappointed by more failure.

Incidentally, I'm sure I heard Chris Edgerton from BBC Leicester doing the sports news on talksquawk - I always thought he was one of the more decent sports presenters on BBC Leicester, perhaps Barber will now get a bigger role? :068:

i ferking well hope not :icon_evil

Lako42

Ive just managed to break my power adapter for my laptop so i will be without power in arround 10 mins.

See you when i get a replacement. Fecking bollox.

Heres to the win ;)

Last edited:

jonahal32

be a tough un this, but ive got a sneaky feeling we gonna win 1-3, howard with the 1st before the turkey basters level it then oakley to put us 2-1 up, 20 mins of pressure from norwich looking for the equalizer before howard gets his 2nd from a corner about 10 mins from time. game over.

sparky79

i think we'll do well to win this. they are on good form. we've lost kissa and clemence and are carrying a few knocks.
will be a good test of the new found confidence. we might need the bench to chip in also.
come on the lads.

Babylon

Ive just managed to break my power adapter for my laptop so i will be without power in arround 10 mins.

See you when i get a replacement. Fecking bollox.

Heres to the win ;)

Thank god he has gone.

foxin_oz

Any news on who is going to be playing for us yet?

NN Fox

Any news on who is going to be playing for us yet?

Team for today:

.......................Alnwick..........
Stearman...McAuley...N'Gotty...Mattock
Bori..........Oakley......Weso.......Laczko
...............Hume.........Howard.

Subs. Hayles, Fryatt, Chambers, King, Henderson.

Last edited:

sparky79

weso and n'gotty in for clemence and kisnorbo. mcauley captain not oakley.

no dj on the bench;

alnwick

stearman ngotty mcauley mattock

bori oakley wesolowski laczko

hume howard

subs: hendo, fryatt, hayles, j chambers, andy king

COME ON THE THE FOXES

Macky

Gruntled Member
City: Alnwick, Stearman, N'Gotty, McAuley, Mattock, Bori, Oakley, Wesolowski, Laczko, Hume, Howard.

Subs: Henderson, Hayles, Fryatt, Chambers J, King.

Canaries: Marshall, Otsemobor, Shackell, Croft, Dublin, Fotheringham, Camara, Russell, Bertrand, Doherty, Evans.

Subs: Gilks, Cureton, Pattison, Spillane, Martin.

Referee: Tony Bates

foxin_oz

Cheers, thanks guys, C'mon Leicester ... :icon_bigg:023:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675