Oldham (a) - 18 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.
my only gripe is when we took the lead,we failed to kill them off.

why do a lot of teams do this,is it not easier to go for the second goal,rather than invite pressure.

we go 1-0 up away to a team in the top 3, and you expect them to do nothing? No they attack like merry fcuk to get the equaliser, but then thats is because we are invite them to score by sitting back?

we go 1-0 up away to a team in the top 3, and you expect them to do nothing? No they attack like merry fcuk to get the equaliser, but then thats is because we are invite them to score by sitting back?

so because we score we immediately go in a shell,thats does my swede in.

we had the lead our tails are up,should have got stuck in and gone for the jugular

we had the lead our tails are up,should have got stuck in and gone for the jugular

Johanes will be most upset to hear that!

look ..... we score and you expect Oldham, a top 3 team full of ex premiership players to roll over? No the c unts went for us and carried on until they scored. Its nothing to do with "going into a shell". Its because Oldham needed to score.

Last edited:
Morrison looked like the leader of the defenders and looked pretty sound, I'm unsure to why he was taken off?

Powell was awful today, thought he was our worst player on the pitch.

Kisnorbo looked totally unfit, his touches were poor and he looked nothing of the standard Morrison looked in the first half; assured & confident.

We should've killed Oldham on the counter attack, I'm also clueless to why Adams was taken off? Don't get me wrong I was the first to say Gradel should come on, I just thought Adams was offering more then King & Dyer in the first half. Gradel was nothing short of disappointing.

Nevertheless this was a great result.

look ..... we score and you expect Oldham, a top 3 team full of ex premiership players to roll over? No the c unts went for us and carried on until they scored. Its nothing to do with "going into a shell". Its because Oldham needed to score.

i no they will come at us,but this is the point i am making. leicester stopped playing and not for the first time.

they did the same against huddersfield. we have had the rub of the green in other games were we should of been out of sight.

nigel pearson has to get the players focused after we score,because we allways seem shaky after taking the lead.

Gradel was poor today. Mind you, I didn't think Adams had a particularly good game either.

I've never seen Gradel have a good game. Occasionally he has beaten a man only to pass it to their goalie. He didn't even do that today. Utter shite.

I cannot speak about todays match since I wasn't there. However, in defence of Gradel I thought he was very good the first few matches and so did others since he came 4th in the Forum rankings for August. He is young and inexperienced and will go through bad patches. It makes sense for NP to start with Adams but if he is not effective to try Gradel's pace in the second half when the fullback may be tiring. Kisnorbo will only get match fit by playing parts of games and deserves patience.

Would be interested in the views from those at the game.

From the RL commentary it appeared to be Hobbs making all the mistakes, particularly positionally in the first half, so based on this I was surprised when Morrison was taken off, was that the case?

Morrison wasnt much good and Kisnorbo did a better job of bullying Lee Hughes which needed doing Problem was we didnt close down the scorer and let the midfield over run us for the 2nd half of the 2nd half and we couldnt clear the ball long enough and they just kept coming at us

Last edited:
Sorry but Morrison really struggled today - it was right he was taken off, He couldn't handle Hughes and was 'switched' to mark their No 10 - he was a lazy bugger but out-muscled Morrison easily.

Too many last ditch challenges when he was beaten. don't get me worng, he worked hard and made some good last-minute tackles - but was definitely struggling.

Should have won having scored first and being on top but, as the other lads have said, once we sat back a bit and they pushed on, the game was so different...

Relatively happy with a draw in the end

Too many last ditch challenges when he was beaten. don't get me worng, he worked hard and made some good last-minute tackles - but was definitely struggling.

One brilliant one in the first half. I thought the Oldham player was going to go down and if he had I reckon the ref would have given a pen as the tackle by Morrison was cut that fine. Not that he touched the player, the tackle was a perfect example of a last second interception. But it was one of those that if you have an opposition cheat the ref is usually fooled.

Didn't do much else right for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669