Oldham (a) - 18 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the old folks to London yesterday, and arrived back in Leicester at 8.15pm. I'd no idea how city had done and was longing to find out. Whilst waiting for a lift home from Leicester station, ma spotted a city fan and said to me ' why dont you ask him '
I instantly replied ' no bloody way '
Well, ma bless her had never heard of Bernie.:icon_bigg

Anyway had a great day down the smoke, topped off with a having a nice beer at St Pancras whilst watching dejected Forests fans trudging past:038::icon_bigg

I cannot speak about todays match since I wasn't there. However, in defence of Gradel I thought he was very good the first few matches and so did others since he came 4th in the Forum rankings for August. He is young and inexperienced and will go through bad patches. It makes sense for NP to start with Adams but if he is not effective to try Gradel's pace in the second half when the fullback may be tiring. Kisnorbo will only get match fit by playing parts of games and deserves patience.

As with most young players, Gradel's main problem is his lack of end product. He's usually decent on the ball and does have the ability to beat a man, but his crossing / decision making has been poor. He'll learn... Adams was fine, but ducked out of a couple of challenges in my opinion - needs to be less lightweight.

We did sit back after we scored, which is fine if you can keep the ball, frustrate the opposition and hit them on the break. Fact was, we didn't keep the ball very well (as Pearson said I think). We kept giving it away and they kept coming back at us, so it was no real surprise when they scored.

All in all, an excellent point away from home against a team who will be up there when we didn't play great.

i thought oldham looked ok actually the best team weve faced so far imo, morrison and adams were poor but i thought hobbs powell and gilbert played well, i thought a draw was a fair result tbh

i thought oldham looked ok actually the best team weve faced so far imo, morrison and adams were poor but i thought hobbs powell and gilbert played well, i thought a draw was a fair result tbh

I have to agree. I thought it was a bloody good match, and we fully deserved a draw. Oldham are not a bad team at on on what I saw on Saturday.

Took the old folks to London yesterday, and arrived back in Leicester at 8.15pm. I'd no idea how city had done and was longing to find out. Whilst waiting for a lift home from Leicester station, ma spotted a city fan and said to me ' why dont you ask him '
I instantly replied ' no bloody way '
Well, ma bless her had never heard of Bernie.:icon_bigg

Anyway had a great day down the smoke, topped off with a having a nice beer at St Pancras whilst watching dejected Forests fans trudging past:038::icon_bigg
Bernie was there in his glory with the tracksuit with M O NEILL on the back and he gave his obligatory AAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH to and from the toilet during the game as he was sat a few rows in front of us In fact I thought I saw him in the crowd yesterday on the Championship program when they showed Howards goal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670