Paddy McCarthy Signs for Charlton for 650K

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

Padd McCarthy today joined Charlton in a £650,000 deal.

More details from the OS

Paddy McCarthy today (Wednesday) joined Championship side Charlton Athletic for £650,000 after turning down the offer of a new contract from the Foxes.

Leicester had offered the Irish defender, who had just one-year left to run on his current deal, improved terms to stay at the Walkers Stadium.

But McCarthy, who joined the Foxes from Manchester City in March 2005, has decided to make the move south to join the Addicks.

City boss Martin Allen said: "The club made Paddy a very good offer to stay, but he expressed his wishes to go.

"Of course, if he does not to play for this club and be part of our success, that is his choice.

"I wish him well."

McCarthy made 69 league starts during his two years with the Foxes, scoring on three occasions.

McCarthy's 2006-07 campaign was brought to a premature end when he injured a shoulder in a freak training ground accident in February.

Good bit of business IMO, especially if it means Holland will come the other way.

If he didnt want to play for us then I am glad he has gone. Suprised he was offered a new deal a bit.

If he didnt want to play for us then I am glad he has gone. Suprised he was offered a new deal a bit.

Presumably to stop him going for 'owt after a year, plus I just wonder how serious the proposed deal was. I like Allen saying " I wish him well ". Don't think so!:icon_bigg

The clearout continues (even if it was his decision).

The more of last season's (and a few more seasons besides) squad we can offload (minus a few who we want to keep!) the better.

And to generate a few quid at the same time to spend on improving the squad - even better!

probably got the bums rush from M.A. after watching some of his horror shows on dvd could talk to referees, but not his own backs, too many cards for me.

"Of course, if he does not to play for this club and be part of our success, that is his choice."

Brilliant, brillaint line Martin.... I'm glad he turned down an improved offer. He is a liability at the back. Nothing against him personally but i'm glad he's gone. I feel much more secure with Kisnorbo, McAuley and N'Gotty.

i would have to agree £650,000 can be put to much better use

What like paying useless feckers like Carl Cort?!?

McCarthy was a good future pros[ect and I wish him well. At least he gave a toss when he played.

£650k - great business MA. i wouldnt rate him at that much and any funds that can be put towards a new striker the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566