Paddy McCarthy Signs for Charlton for 650K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank fcuk for that, couldn't stand the bloke. :038:

What like paying useless feckers like Carl Cort?!?

McCarthy was a good future pros[ect and I wish him well. At least he gave a toss when he played.

yes you could not fault him for his effort but he had slipped to third choice at best and you would have to agree £650,000 for a player out of contact at the end of next season is a good bit of business

good bit of buisness there by ma

I personally prefer Pardew's judgement. But that is because he has just proved a little more so far in his career than MA.

I think I must be the only person dissapointed with this. We have let go of a good hard working prospect in place of a player with 2 years max left in the tank...

I have yet to see any good business so far.

Yeah I hated the passion and the hard work...much rather have a few more like Stephen Hughes.

Couldn't care how much passion he had he was a liability, You can't play someone just because they have passion.
And as for Hughes he doesn't possess any of the required attributes and can rot in hell for all I care.

Since we are making signings and the fixture lists are released tomorrow in my mind it is the new season!

I personally prefer Pardew's judgement. But that is because he has just proved a little more so far in his career than MA.

I think I must be the only person dissapointed with this. We have let go of a good hard working prospect in place of a player with 2 years max left in the tank...

you probably thought that jarret was good then aswell

City boss Martin Allen said: "The club made Paddy a very good offer to stay, but he expressed his wishes to go.

"Of course, if he does not to play for this club and be part of our success, that is his choice.

"I wish him well."

:081: :081:

Go on Martin, you fecking tell him.

Couldn't care how much passion he had he was a liability, You can't play someone just because they have passion.
And as for Hughes he doesn't possess any of the required attributes and can rot in hell for all I care.

Yeah he made some mistakes but he is still developing as a talent. He was a good prospect.

you probably thought that jarret was good then aswell

No I actually thought he didn't really add much. I felt McCarthy actually did.

No need to make this personal but if you want it that way...

He would have been 4th choice next season. Year left on his contact, rejected a new one. Average most the time.

= 650K - Get in!!!!

Most be the most amount of money that we've sold a player for for quiet some time! Any one know?
Connolly £3,000,000 was the last one to beat it at a guess

I am disappointed, he has lots of potential to go with his passion, i still think he could have been the next Walsh. We looked better defensively when he was playing even if as an individual he wasnt our best CB. But if he wasnt that keen on staying the he may as well be sold, i do think a sell-on clause should have been included in the deal though.

Although he was the least able footballer of the main three CBs last season, he was probably the best organiser of the defence (except when he went barmy).

Who's going to pick up the captain's armband this season (which seems to now come with 2 obligatory red cards and a lengthy spell on the physio's bench)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669