Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick with Pearson and build. Get rid of some of the fringe and do whatever it takes to keep Kasper. NP has done enough to have another pre season and tweak the squad. We are not far off and another season would see us far more prepared for Premier league football. Disappointed as i am with today i can't help but think we are not ready. We need to build slowly and go up on a sound financial footing. Pearson has only partially completed the task that he inherited.

He needs to admit hes made mistakes (something has gone wrong since cruising in January), convince the owners he has a plan to rectify the faults. IMO although Wood has scored goals, his signing effected the team pattern, we were doing ok with Nugent Vardy/Waggy although not scoring loads, we played the ball to feet and were not as direct. Afew weeks ago i thought our main problem was centre midfield but lately James/King have been outstanding. I think we lack experience (highlighted today, how did Nugent or Morgan allow a 21 yearold to take a crucial penalty, when a game like today opens up or moves into latter stages its the time you need your pacey players, ours was taken off! to me it was an obvious mistake , probably NP decision but why wasnt it questioned by assistants or senoir players

Supporting Leicester has never been easy.
Today certainly hurt.

Many are saying change the manager (many of which I reckon didn't want NP back anyway).
Personally I'd give him 1 more season.

If you are going to replace him, may I ask who with?
Not O'neill, de Matteo, or Lennon.
Serious answers only, please

good point HTB no good sacking NP unless the right man (imo RDM) is available and willing to accept the post

Today certainly hurt.

Many are saying change the manager (many of which I reckon didn't want NP back anyway).

I plead guilty, as charged, to not wanting NP to return - and I am not going to regurgitate my arguments against Pearson. I would, however, take issue with your surmise that we should not question NP's position until, as fans, we can come up with a better option.

Firstly, these are two separate issues. If, as some believe, Nigel Pearson is suited to Leicester and will take us to the Premier League, then he should stay, regardless as to whom else may be available: if, however, one believes NP to be the wrong choice, then he should be dismissed. Ultimately, as we all know, this will be the decision made by the board and we must all live with whichever path they choose.

As to naming replacement managers, it is too easy to bat away any suggestion: he is too grand and would never come,/he hasn't got the experience being the main counter. I would love MON to return. I do not know whether he would consider doing so and I cannot guarantee that he would be successful were he so to do. I do know that the man has a superb footballing brain and that he took this club on when we were a million miles from good enough for the top flight; got us there AND kept us, comfortably, in the top half of the table. Even if MON is not interested in taking the club on, once more, I do not like the attitude, that some express, whereby we are too insignificant to be worthy of a good manager.

I fully expect/ fear that the team did enough in the last three games for pearson to be retained. In which case I expect next season to be more or less the same and to end in continued disappointment.

All managers have strengths and weaknesses but Pearson's judgement is flawed. key examples are his failure to strengthen the squad in the last loan window and trying to get by with a squad which provided insufficient options.

The main problem would be bringing in a high calibre manager. We have been out of the top flight now for a long time and the image of a club which is Premier League quality in all but status is fading.

However, I recognise that this is probably academic. I think that the owners will think that Pearson has earned his ticket for next season - and we will roll on finding ever more bizarre ways of missing out on our objectives.

Today certainly hurt.

It's a very difficult question to answer when we don't know the state of mind of the contenders. There are several out of work managers that would, potentially, be a much better bet than giving NP yet another chance. The very best we'd achieve under NP next season is 'same again' and we ought to be aiming for better. NPs had his chance. I think we've only ever given Pleat an equivalent amount of time to do nothing.

My obvious first choice is MON. If he's got a desire to do the job then it's a no-brainer.
Secondly, I'd love us to try Di Matteo. If he's interested and keen, it would be a great appointment.

Next would be a list of out of work managers that 'could' do a terrific job, it depends on where they're at career, passion, attitude wise. These would include people like McClaren (a very capable and forward-thinking club manager who maybe perfect for us or terrible depending on various factors), Coyle (excellent in this league and initially with Bolton in the Prem, could be perfect choice, could be a busted flush), Hughes (has been a great manager with Wales and Blackburn but a shocker at QPR) or even McCleish (excellent job at Birmingham and Rangers, less so elsewhere).

Beyond this list, I'd consider Jackett as an interesting candidate. I'd also consider approaching Reading to see if we could sneak Adkins away. Maybe even Warnock for a season would be worth a shot, with someone alongside him like Steve Kean. The options are considerable.

With the exception of Jackett, everyone on this list has already achieved more than NP is ever likely to do in my opinion. I don't think Lennon myself, but I understand those that do.

I'm just up for keeping NP for one last go but you can't just dismiss Hughes, McLeish and McLaren - all of them have far more experience than NP and yes they have also failed but at a higher level than we are currently...
I don't agree with Keen however...

The only views that count are those of the owners. The latest form guide to those views is that they didn't dismiss him at the international break when imo there was a strong case so to do.

My guess is that they will find it convenient to keep Pearson until the end of his current contract which i beleive is to the end of next season. I also think that the club will wallow in the general disappointment for a short time and then move on with the line that we've made enough progress to justify optimism for next season.

I also agree with the views of those that there aren't a lot of appealing potential replacements. I think that MON whose fortunes have waned will still be to big a fish to be persuaded to come back to Leicester and I think the idea of Di Matteo having no better options than the Championship is fanciful.

The owners do not seem as ambitious as in ruthless as they once seemed. The ruthless and correct decision would be to thank Pearson for his services and sack him now. He is a loser and not a winner in the context of getting us into the Premier League and will remain so. Getting someone better is a much greater puzzle.

It's a very difficult question to answer when we don't know the state of mind of the contenders. There are several out of work managers that would, potentially, be a much better bet than giving NP yet another chance. The very best we'd achieve under NP next season is 'same again' and we ought to be aiming for better. NPs had his chance. I think we've only ever given Pleat an equivalent amount of time to do nothing.

My obvious first choice is MON. If he's got a desire to do the job then it's a no-brainer.
Secondly, I'd love us to try Di Matteo. If he's interested and keen, it would be a great appointment.

Next would be a list of out of work managers that 'could' do a terrific job, it depends on where they're at career, passion, attitude wise. These would include people like McClaren (a very capable and forward-thinking club manager who maybe perfect for us or terrible depending on various factors), Coyle (excellent in this league and initially with Bolton in the Prem, could be perfect choice, could be a busted flush), Hughes (has been a great manager with Wales and Blackburn but a shocker at QPR) or even McCleish (excellent job at Birmingham and Rangers, less so elsewhere).

Beyond this list, I'd consider Jackett as an interesting candidate. I'd also consider approaching Reading to see if we could sneak Adkins away. Maybe even Warnock for a season would be worth a shot, with someone alongside him like Steve Kean. The options are considerable.

With the exception of Jackett, everyone on this list has already achieved more than NP is ever likely to do in my opinion. I don't think Lennon myself, but I understand those that do.
I'm sorry, for a moment there I thought you were trying to convince us there were some good out of work managers available. Then you mentioned McLeish, McLaren, Hughes, Warnock and Kean. It's be interesting to see how many of the Pearson out brigade would be happy with any combination of them.

Two more candidates for debate and then to be ultimately dismissed...

Chris Powell - great job at Charlton and wore a Leicester tie to the game yesterday...
Adie Boothroyd - once thought of as the next big thing...

Chris Powell - great job at Charlton and wore a Leicester tie to the game yesterday...

I think people stopped thinking that when they realised he was shit.

Powell is the first name I've heard that isn't either complete desperation or totally unrealistic. Interesting though that anyone who wants Pearson out would want the guy who learnt his management style from Pearson and cites him as the best manager he played for.

I did wonder if Chris Powell was, subtly, putting his hat into the ring. Without saying anything to upset his current employers, he did seem to be showing great loyalty to a team that was only a bit player in his career. His lack of experience would be a concern, but he has been impressive at Charlton.

Oh come on BN. You've made some good posts recently, but surely you're taking the piss with some of the names here? I reckon homer would list some of those below Paul Ince.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669