Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'd take Poyet and I think he's ready to jump ship too.

Yeah but likely not in a sideways direction. Surely if he leaves Brighton it would only be for a club in a better position than them.

I cannot for the life of me see what Lennon has done that makes him a viable candidate. Yes I have read other peoples reasons but I just cannot agree with any of them.

In an ideal world I'd love to see Powell here as manager. If it wasn't for his obvious love of and bond with Charlton I'd say we, in theory at least, could quite easily persuade the Charlton manager that we are a better prospect.

There must surely be room for ALL Leicester fans. Were supporters of Manchester United asked to prove their UK citizenship, let alone show that they even knew where Manchester was, more than half would be rejected: are we really saying that we would not want such a global following?.
I assume that means I'm still allowed to post in here then. Or should I bugger off to a ManU forum?

Last edited:
Welcome brother, with open arms! :icon_bigg
Thank you, Sir!

I dread what I would have had to mingle with over there. Probably constant moaning about the manager, shite tactics, shite players and not winning enough games. And never ending threads about who should replace their inept manager.

If we are going to make a change it should be for a manager with a history of improving teams whilst playing good football, preferably with some focus on youth. All of those things can be applied to Nigel Pearson, or at least they could until February. That's why I'm in favour of giving him another go next season. However if there is a decision to move him on (I don't think there will be) there are candidates who fit the bill. Gus Poyet, Chris Powell, Uwe Rosler, Dean Smith and Steve Davis all spring to mind.

Some may note that this is a quite dramatic turnaround from somebody who advocated the removal of Pearson not long ago, and furthermore supported the likes of Neil Warnock as prospective replacements. Now the season is over and I'm removed from the emotion of it all I realised that I was wrong and had fallen into the trap of craving instant success. That's a ridiculous stance to take when supporting a club like Leicester City.

All I really want is entertaining football and a bit of progress towards inevitably fleeting highs. I think we have that under Pearson. Our form, and the quality of the football, took a downward turn after January but I saw enough beforehand to convince me that the manager and our young players have it in them. The thing to do now is to learn from the mistakes of recent months and use those lessons make yet more progress next season.

Last edited:
No into twitter myself, but I've just Been told the rumour on there at the minute, for the reason NP has stopped talking to radio Leicester is to do with his daughter and one of their reporters.

We don't here much from 4-4-2 these days?

Last edited:
No into twitter myself, but I've just Been told the rumour on there at the minute, for the reason NP has stopped talking to radio Leicester is to do with his daughter and one of their reporters.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree there.

Pearson wasn't happy that RL allowed a caller to state the rumour about his daughter and Wood.

Similarly, he's told Stringer information and he can't keep his mouth shut when asked.

I can understand that from Pearson's perspective

Certainly. Would have thought RL would be more professional than that (unless the caller did it live without notice, in which case I doubt there's much they could do about it?).

Last edited:
Similarly, he's told Stringer information and he can't keep his mouth shut when asked.

In Stringer's defence (Yes I did just say that) maybe you shouldn't be telling journalists (Yes I did just call him that) information that you don't want to be made public.

Certainly. Would have thought RL would be more professional than that (unless the caller did it live without notice, in which case I doubt there's much they could do about it?).

I guess they don't have a 7 second delay like most live broadcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669