Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill give him 6 matches next season to sort it out

Oh ffs - it's started!

the big crunch will come as the gates drop this season

The gates went down in the season just finished - yet we finished higher than we did the season before - but he's still here.

I should have known that life as a Leicester supporter is never predictable.

I leave the country for a few weeks knowing nothing is going to happen. Wise and learned members of the forum assured me that the season was finished, all was lost and Nigel was doomed. The appointment of David Moyes made the Italian newspapers but no mention of a new Leicester manager - no wonder since as I was once told "Leicester City piccolo" (small). Back in London a taxi driver tells me that Leicester reached the playoffs and missed a penalty and no it was this year not 2010.

Even more amazingly an outbreak of sense has occurred on the forum. For a long time the defacto mode has been panic. Members have found it difficult to type the name of any Leicester manager without attaching the word "Out" to it. Such people are now calling for stability and continuity.

As an elderly Scottish retiree once said "Football bloody hell,"

I leave the country for a few weeks knowing nothing is going to happen. Wise and learned members of the forum assured me that the season was finished, all was lost and Nigel was doomed. The appointment of David Moyes made the Italian newspapers but no mention of a new Leicester manager - no wonder since as I was once told "Leicester City piccolo" (small). Back in London a taxi driver tells me that Leicester reached the playoffs and missed a penalty and no it was this year not 2010.

Even more amazingly an outbreak of sense has occurred on the forum. For a long time the defacto mode has been panic. Members have found it difficult to type the name of any Leicester manager without attaching the word "Out" to it. Such people are now calling for stability and continuity.

:icon_bigg
Welcome back

Never mind all that David, how did your meeting with his Holiness go? I take you were granted a private audience with him?

Never mind all that David, how did your meeting with his Holiness go? I take you were granted a private audience with him?

It went badly. I told him I would rather be in hell with the Pussycat Dolls than in heaven with the Catholic saints.

Am I right in thinking that Leicester must have been magnificent against Forest and that Knockaert is not getting the blame that Kermorgant (rightly) got?

Hopefully Nigel and Craig know what went wrong. If they are too close to see the wood for the trees I can guess someone who will. At a Leicester Legends evening Gerry Taggart singled out Steve Walsh Sr's reading of a game as awesome and Birch agreed. There is a lot to be said for listening to the experienced man who is slightly detatched from the day to day littleness of a job - Cloughie used the phrase "a looker-on" to explain the value of Peter Taylor.

Come back to face the baying crowds have we, DG?
It all started to go wrong shortly after you, yes you, started the thread about automatic promotion.

So, get yourself back to his holiness and beg for forgiveness, or alternatively don't start such a thread again ;)

(I know it's clutching at straws, but why oh why, did it all go so wrong? :( )

Pearson spotted on terrace of 5 star hotel lighting his cigar with a £50.00 note.When asked if he thought it was insensitive to do so in times of austerity he muttered"plenty more where that came from"-allegedly

Well....Holloway has shown he is a complete and utter bag of wank when it comes to managing at this level.

Last edited:
For us yes.

But he has done well with others. The same thing happens with footballers too.

There are a few on here who still maintain he's a shit manager. He inherited a poor situation here and the club had been on a downward spiral for some time. He was never wholly responsible for us dipping into the third tier. Some fans may never forgive him for that, but to deny him the respect he deserves for his achievements at this level, is laughable.

And for some of the teams before us.

He has said himself that it's the year he spent watching a lot of football after leaving us that has made him the manager he is now, so if we'd kept him there's no guarantee that things would have improved. Maybe we should have put him on gardening leave for a year instead.

My argument wasn't about keeping him though. I said if we were to sack Pearson he could and probably should be looked at as a potential replacement. He's a manager that has learned from his mistakes. It's a trait that certainly seems lacking in our current leader.

My argument wasn't about keeping him though. I said if we were to sack Pearson he could and probably should be looked at as a potential replacement. He's a manager that has learned from his mistakes. It's a trait that certainly seems lacking in our current leader.

I would agree that he has proved himself as a manager, and I do not think that he was given a fair crack of the whip whilst here: however, I do not think that the majority of Leicester fans would give him a chance, were he to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669