Pearson on RL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate Fox

probably because he didn't get on with Lee Hoos.

Maybe he would've signed a new deal in the summer if the whole Sousa at the play off games and new owners being shown round without him knowing etc etc

And I don't get why people criticise Pearson one moment saying he played boring football, and then criticise Sousa for playing nicer football but not winning. Pearsons football wasn't that boring in my opinion, and it got results.

I know who I would much rather was our manager today.

Lots of people dont get on with their bosses...I'm sure the majority would rather he was still our Manager, but its all ifs, buts and maybes and I think its just a case now of he's gone, move on.

Last edited:

The Old Fox

I agree that Stringer should not have brought the issue up, particularly as I am struggling to understand why Pearson said anything. Whilst he kept quiet, many people were willing to blame Milan but, what a pathetic whinge, "They didn't beg me to stay!"

Pearson, by his own admission, took the decision to leave: thanks for what you did for us, now shut up!

drummindefender

Lots of people dont get on with their bosses...I'm sure the majority would rather he was still our Manager, but its all ifs, buts and maybes and I think its just a case now of he's gone, move on.
I agree that its time to move on. But the fact is the way it was handled is why it haven't been able to . I suspect now however with those comments, and after the Hull game, we finally will.

drummindefender

I agree that Stringer should not have brought the issue up, particularly as I am struggling to understand why Pearson said anything. Whilst he kept quiet, many people were willing to blame Milan but, what a pathetic whinge, "They didn't beg me to stay!"

Pearson, by his own admission, took the decision to leave: thanks for what you did for us, now shut up!
The bloke turned this clubs fortunes around. He was entitled to feel he was in a position to be treated with a bit more respect

Matt_B

True, I don't think he approached the question in the right way, but I am still glad he brought it up.

Yes, bringing up a previous manager to embarrass the chairman in front of a live press conference to announce a new manager is exactly the right thing to do.

FFS if he insists on persisting with the story then do it at an appropriate time, he made himself look like a tool and turned what should have been a simple press conference into a bit of a joke. If Mandaric had done something as embarrassing people would be ripping him apart.

drummindefender

Yes, bringing up a previous manager to embarrass the chairman in front of a live press conference to announce a new manager is exactly the right thing to do.

FFS if he insists on persisting with the story then do it at an appropriate time, he made himself look like a tool and turned what should have been a simple press conference into a bit of a joke. If Mandaric had done something as embarrassing people would be ripping him apart.
The whole press conference was a ****ing joke before that question

western road

Some people would like to know what went on and why NP left, we have since found out he resigned through curcumstances that would make many people consider their positions.

Mandaric's a hard nosed businessman who gets what he wants, anyway he wants, possibly Stringer has put Mandys nose out of joint by asking pertinant questions when you look at our management turnover, and you see a practical manager delivering the goods that MM. wants and then suddenly ups sticks and is gone.
Nothing will bring him back .....but questions do need to be raised as we were all gobsmacked by his departure

drummindefender

The same old shit about ambition etc being spouted. I've heard it all before. It means nothing

When someone actually asks a question which requires an actual answer, rather than a soundbite, they get pissed off because they don't like the journalist asking question. I'm not a massive fan of Stringers, I often despair at his tweets, but the question needed to be asked. Ultimately Svens appointment as manager is because of what went on with Pearson in the summer, and because the issue has never been probably discussed by either party before yesterday, then it made sense for a question to be asked.

Last edited:

drummindefender

Plus Mandaric could simply have said "I don't wish to comment at this time because we are here for sven" yadda yadda like he eventually sort of did.

The Old Fox

The bloke turned this clubs fortunes around. He was entitled to feel he was in a position to be treated with a bit more respect

Can you site a single instance when a manager wanted to leave a club, but was forced to stay - and it has ended well? My experience is that the chairman grovels and the manager inevitably breaks his contract and goes.

Loyalty is in scarce supply in football but, if you want it, you have to give it: which means that if Pearson wanted Milan's, he should have given loyalty, and not been sniffing around Hull.

Boy Genius

Banned
but the question also remains as to why Pearson didnt sign the contracts he was offered, I seem to recall (I may be wrong) he started negotiations in February, so had more than enough time to thrash out a deal.

Several meetings were made and NP cancelled them all. How long was the club to carry on making dates for meetings? **** him now let him rot in hull

H T B

NP appointed, I was underwhelmed, he left I was underwhelmed, this whole affair dragging on is, frankly, underwhelming.

(any side bets on the amount of times Stringer brings it up again during the Hull game?)

Cate Fox

NP appointed, I was underwhelmed, he left I was underwhelmed, this whole affair dragging on is, frankly, underwhelming.

(any side bets on the amount of times Stringer brings it up again during the Hull game?)

he will bring it up endlessly, along with stories about his teddy.

Filthy Rich

Banned
The same old shit about ambition etc being spouted. I've heard it all before. It means nothing

When someone actually asks a question which requires an actual answer, rather than a soundbite, they get pissed off because they don't like the journalist asking question. I'm not a massive fan of Stringers, I often despair at his tweets, but the question needed to be asked. Ultimately Svens appointment as manager is because of what went on with Pearson in the summer, and because the issue has never been probably discussed by either party before yesterday, then it made sense for a question to be asked.

For your benefit, and for all of us who are fed up with your tedious negativity, I'm repeating my earlier post - which you may have overlooked or even chosen to ignore - because I would like to see your response. Once again and finally from me, Mandaric wanted Pearson to stay. He chose to leave.

Two things about NP's comments.....

1. Our Chief Exec was the one who got him the job here in the first place. Maybe that made Lee Hoos feel he was a bit superior to Nigel and perhaps Pearson resented that. But it's strange how Nigel would agree to come here when he had already worked with Hoos at Southampton.

2. If Pearson was on holiday and prospective new owners were being shown around, why should he have been informed? Who is to say it would have come to anything so why mention it until something concrete was in taking place? Mandaric had stated publicly that he was looking for additional investment in the club as he could not keep bearing the burden himself, and nigel must have known that.

All in all, while I appreciate what Pearson did for us, I just feel he is a mardy barstard.

Last edited:

PEN3

I agree. It's amazing how much some people think about NP.

He failed to get us promoted from Division 2. This ranks him below Bloomfield,Milne, Wallace, Little, Adams and O'Neill and, most probably McGhee(we were on course for promotion before he left). He's ahead of Holloway and Rob Kelly (although Kelly did an amazing job in keeping us up on a limited budget) and Craig Levein.

Last edited:

The Old Fox

For your benefit, and for all of us who are fed up with your tedious negativity, I'm repeating my earlier post - which you may have overlooked or even chosen to ignore - because I would like to see your response. Once again and finally from me, Mandaric wanted Pearson to stay. He chose to leave.

Two things about NP's comments.....

1. Our Chief Exec was the one who got him the job here in the first place. Maybe that made Lee Hoos feel he was a bit superior to Nigel and perhaps Pearson resented that. But it's strange how Nigel would agree to come here when he had already worked with Hoos at Southampton.

2. If Pearson was on holiday and prospective new owners were being shown around, why should he have been informed? Who is to say it would have come to anything so why mention it until something concrete was in taking place? Mandaric had stated publicly that he was looking for additional investment in the club as he could not keep bearing the burden himself, and nigel must have known that.

All in all, while I appreciate what Pearson did for us, I just feel he is a mardy barstard.

Says it all, sir. (Why is this thread still open?) :102::icon_bigg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673