Pearson Proud

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtonfox

0,,10274~4984833,00.jpg

Nigel Pearson said his Leicester side were full value for the three points following their 1-0 victory over Leeds United in front of the SKY TV camera at the Walkers Stadium on Monday afternoon.

The Foxes went into the game knowing that a win over Simon Grayson's side would further bolster their promotion asperations.

But they left it late - with Steve Howard grabbing an injury time winner to send the Blue Army into delirium.

Pearson said: "It was a very hard fought win. There was a bit of irony in there as well in the fact that we conceded a late equaliser against Carlisle here just a week ago.

"That game was an illustration of what this league is about. We have had to fight hard all the way. But we are not over the line yet.
"We have got nine more points to play for and we move on. I am delighted for everyone today because I thought that we deserved to win the game.

"We have been due a home win as we have had too many draws at the Walkers Stadium. That's something that we are well aware of.

"We are now very close to achieving what our aim was at the start of the season. That was to get back at the first attempt and that in itself was always going to be a very tough challenge.

"Our aim now is to try and win our remaining three games. If we do achieve our goal of promotion and we can go into next season with some momentum then you have a better chance."

Pearson also confirmed that former Kerrea Gilbert and Tom Cleverley had watched the game from the sidelines.

He added: "It was nice to see both Tom and Kerrea in the dressing room after the game. They have now returned to their respective clubs but they wanted to support the team. That speaks volumes for the camaraderie that we have created here."

And now he can smile :038::038::038::038::038:

:038::038::038::038::038: Hes done a fantastic job first season. ill admit, i was sceptical about his appointment, but i cant complain at all with what him, Shakespeare and Walsh have done!

Lets just hope he can keep up the high standards next season

Last edited:
Nigel Pearson said his Leicester side were full value for the three points following their 1-0 victory over Leeds United in front of the SKY TV camera at the Walkers Stadium on Monday afternoon.

Blimey, there really is a recession on.

He added: "It was nice to see both Tom and Kerrea in the dressing room after the game. They have now returned to their respective clubs but they wanted to support the team. That speaks volumes for the camaraderie that we have created here."

Makes a mockery out of the story about Morrison storming off and slamming car doors last week.

"asperations"(see lead headline)

Wozzat then????

Don't they employ copy editors at wherever you copied that from???

Morrison was obviously disappointed to miss out which proves he cares, what Pearson has done is get him back in the side and give him the opportunity to play his part. Morrison had a very good game, despite playing out of position.

Morrison was obviously disappointed to miss out which proves he cares, what Pearson has done is get him back in the side and give him the opportunity to play his part. Morrison had a very good game, despite playing out of position.

I would much rather have players like that, than have players willing to sit on the bench and get paid for their efforts.

Top Kudos to Michael Morrison.

Michael Morrison looks an absolutely top prospect IMO. Him and Hobbs make Kisnorbo look average.

I was a fan of Kisnorbo always have been, but ill admit we looked a helluva lot more sound with Brown, Hobbs and Morrison yesterday

Is it just me or does Nigel Pearson seem to be well on his way to getting Martin O'Neill type status within this club?

I cant remember getting this excited about a leicester team since the lennon/izzet days. I certainly didn't feel like this when Micky Adams took us up. Maybe cus we did that with an ageing team wheras this one is a blend of mainly youth with a little experiance in Oakley and Howard

Maybe i'm being stupid but given time i think NP will take us back to the promise land. His attitude seems top class, his work ethic is great, he's installed a winning mentality again and the spirit seems to be back within the side. His coaching set up (yes i mean stowell too :icon_bigg) seems to be great and the scouting network is obviously doing wonders for this team.

I said when we went down that we needed to take 1 step back to be able to take 2 steps forward. I'm genuinely excited about this leicester team!!

Blue fecking Army !!!!!!!

pearson and his backroom staff have done a great job this season, just hope middlesboro' dont come sniffing :icon_wink

I think someone will undoubtley come sniffing in the Summer but from the little I've heard from him Pearson seems quite a loyal level headed bloke and may think he is better off with us at least for another season.Of corse however if we aren't top of the Championship by Christmas all his glories this season will be quickly forgotten and many will want him out,such is the fickle world we live in

pearson and his backroom staff have done a great job this season, just hope middlesboro' dont come sniffing :icon_wink

Why would Pearson want to join a club in decline dropping down the divisions when he can ride the crest of a wave of a club going places with an infrastructure that is equal to if not better than Middlesborough?

Why would Pearson want to join a club in decline dropping down the divisions when he can ride the crest of a wave of a club going places with an infrastructure that is equal to if not better than Middlesborough?

who says they will drop down the divisions??? so it looks likely we will be playing them but you cant rule out theyll go back up and besides pearson MAY feel he can turn things around and not to mention he is a legend for boro :102: obviously i hope he stays :)

Holloway is still available.

who says they will drop down the divisions??? so it looks likely we will be playing them but you cant rule out theyll go back up and besides pearson MAY feel he can turn things around and not to mention he is a legend for boro :102: obviously i hope he stays :)

OK just dropping one division at the moment. I do not think Pearson would go back to Boro just because they are in trouble. Of course there is always the Shearer £1million+ for 8 games temptation!

OK just dropping one division at the moment. I do not think Pearson would go back to Boro just because they are in trouble. Of course there is always the Shearer £1million+ for 8 games temptation!

i like newcastle but if that arse is in charge i hope they go down!!! itll be 2 of the north east teams anyway joining wba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566