Pearson Proud

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK just dropping one division at the moment. I do not think Pearson would go back to Boro just because they are in trouble. Of course there is always the Shearer £1million+ for 8 games temptation!

But if they are in the Championship its like a new beginning and he is very popular with boro fans but i think Gibson will stick with Southgate at least until a few games into next season...if Boro go down which is by no means a certainty

But if they are in the Championship its like a new beginning and he is very popular with boro fans but i think Gibson will stick with Southgate at least until a few games into next season...if Boro go down which is by no means a certainty

I'm not so sure they'll go down. I reckon they'll somehow get out of it. Both them and newcastle. If boro do get out of it then no doubt southgate will go out and get a bit of experiance in. If they go down i think gibson will give him 10 games to see if he can get them straight back.

I think pearson will be loyal too. he seems that kind of bloke and would want to take us as far as he can.

Is it just me or does Nigel Pearson seem to be well on his way to getting Martin O'Neill type status within this club?

Sense of proportion needed here people. Yes he is doing very well but this is the third tier.

Let's see how we do next season before we start deifying the bloke.

Nice to see MON at the club for such a big game. Maybe he pretended he was coming to check out Mattock and Delph but we all know he was there to cheer Leicester onwards and upwards really.

Sense of proportion needed here people. Yes he is doing very well but this is the third tier.

Let's see how we do next season before we start deifying the bloke.

I know what you mean Spion but i just get that sense that i haven't had with any other manager since. Maybe it will all go tits up but i can only see us growing as a club again.

I know its the third tier but its not just the winning thats exciting me. We have expected to win all season so i know its not that. Its the spirit that seems to be coming back, the set up looks more settled than it has done for years

I know what you mean Spion but i just get that sense that i haven't had with any other manager since. Maybe it will all go tits up but i can only see us growing as a club again.

I know its the third tier but its not just the winning thats exciting me. We have expected to win all season so i know its not that. Its the spirit that seems to be coming back, the set up looks more settled than it has done for years

Nothing wrong with being optimistic:102:

Its the spirit that seems to be coming back, the set up looks more settled than it has done for years

I agree and that gives me renewed hope for better things next season. The one proviso I would have though is that there will obviously be quite a few player changes (new incoming, loanees not coming back) so in some ways Nigel will have to start again to blend a team over the close season.

I agree and that gives me renewed hope for better things next season. The one proviso I would have though is that there will obviously be quite a few player changes (new incoming, loanees not coming back) so in some ways Nigel will have to start again to blend a team over the close season.

I don't think we need a major overhauling as some people like Macky have said.

I think Tunchev, Oakley, Howard, Hobbs (if signed) Morrison King Fryatt will play big parts in our team next year.

I think we just need to have a better choice in squad variety really. We need cover for fryatt and howard and i dont think dickov is the man. A beattie type player and a cox like player would be sufficient imo.

Midfield we need another ball winner, and some competition for king/oakley. Berner will be ok as a squad player but a cleverly type player and a hard tackler for me.

A goalkeeper obviously is needed and maybe another good squad defender.

The people writing into the mercury the other day will no doubt be overjoyed if Pearson goes to Middlesborough, they were saying they don't think he should be retained as anything more than a coach.

Is it just me or does Nigel Pearson seem to be well on his way to getting Martin O'Neill type status within this club?

I cant remember getting this excited about a leicester team since the lennon/izzet days. I certainly didn't feel like this when Micky Adams took us up. Maybe cus we did that with an ageing team wheras this one is a blend of mainly youth with a little experiance in Oakley and Howard

Maybe i'm being stupid but given time i think NP will take us back to the promise land. His attitude seems top class, his work ethic is great, he's installed a winning mentality again and the spirit seems to be back within the side. His coaching set up (yes i mean stowell too :icon_bigg) seems to be great and the scouting network is obviously doing wonders for this team.

I said when we went down that we needed to take 1 step back to be able to take 2 steps forward. I'm genuinely excited about this leicester team!!

Blue fecking Army !!!!!!!

call me a mongie, but i have also not been this optimistic about the direction city are heading since the ONeill days, i really get the feeling Pearson is the man to take us to the Prem also, though it may take a few seasons.

pearson and his backroom staff have done a great job this season, just hope middlesboro' dont come sniffing :icon_wink

Flippin 'eck YV, you come across as one gloomy pessimist.
When we were on a good run, "It'll end sooner than later"says you, we managed another few games before we did get beaten.

Last week you said you were fearing the worse for the weekend just gone. We won both games.
Now we have to watch out for Middlesboro,

And you can't hide behind a winking smilie :icon_roll

Flippin 'eck YV, you come across as one gloomy pessimist.
When we were on a good run, "It'll end sooner than later"says you, we managed another few games before we did get beaten.

Last week you said you were fearing the worse for the weekend just gone. We won both games.
Now we have to watch out for Middlesboro,

And you can't hide behind a winking smilie :icon_roll

im hurt htb :icon_cry::) im not a pessimist im a realist, and it was totally obvious that the run was going to end sooner or later, it was a case of when not if, i mentioned the boro thing as a throw away comment i wasnt being entirely serious hence the wink, honest to god im not a pessimist :)

im hurt htb :icon_cry::) im not a pessimist im a realist, and it was totally obvious that the run was going to end sooner or later, it was a case of when not if, i mentioned the boro thing as a throw away comment i wasnt being entirely serious hence the wink, honest to god im not a pessimist :)

That's just what a pessimist would say

Or a Miserable Fecker...A Pessimist is never dissapointed apparently,thats horseshit I'm one and I'm constantly dissapointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669