Pearson Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not fussed either way to be honest, IMO Pearson is pretty unproven and therefore cannot get too excited but on a positive he has a relatively blemish free career so I cannot get too despondant.

Not fussed either way to be honest, IMO Pearson is pretty unproven and therefore cannot get too excited but on a positive he has a relatively blemish free career so I cannot get too despondant.
Weirdo. You have one of two options, please choose.

1) Good appointment, better then Gregory, still wish Holloway was here though.

2) Disaster, this is the end of our club, I should never have wished Holloway gone because he was ace.

2) Disaster, this is the end of our club, I should never have wished Holloway gone because he was ace.

Or none of the above. MM should stop fecking around and get a manager with some decent history behind him.

haha.

Personally know little about Pearson. from the little I know there seems to be no reason to be pessimistic. I'll give him my full backing (for at least 4 games).

Or none of the above. MM should stop fecking around and get a manager with some decent history behind him.

We are a league 1 club , stop dreaming. I wanted Sven too but it was never going to happen

What I do find amazing is how anybody can still have any positive feelings towards Holloway, IMO this is no worse option than the "funny one", FFS he got us relegated to a level our club had never experienced before and yet many still feel he was our best option, amazing when you consider the animosity still shown towards Twatlor.

The pair are on a par IMO.

We are a league 1 club , stop dreaming. I wanted Sven too but it was never going to happen

there is a gulf the size of the pacific between Sven and Pearson. We may be league one but we are still a big club with potential and it seems some money to spend. Why should we settle for a lame duck who will be sacked by Halloween?!

Last edited:
Maybe he's trying, maybe that's why it's taken him so long.

Maybe he could have hired the likes of Pearson from day one but has been hunting for the type of person you have described. Maybe because Holloway took us so far down the football league, he has ruined our chances of getting a half decent replacement.

Maybe Pearson/Leicester City is a dream combination, maybe it's a nightmare one.

Unlike others, I really don't know what MM should or shouldn't be doing, or indeed what he is or isn't doing.

there is a gulf the size of the pacific between Sven and Pearson. We may be league one but we are still a big club with potential and it seems some money to spend. Why should we settle for a lame duck who will be sacked by Halloween?!

For a start don't you think "a lame duck" is rather strong and pathetic language?

secondly MM has been trying to recruit a manager for a few weeks - perhaps that shows that no-one with "decent history behind them" wants the job.

Who were you thinking of?

Maybe he's trying, maybe that's why it's taken him so long.

Maybe he could have hired the likes of Pearson from day one but has been hunting for the type of person you have described. Maybe because Holloway took us so far down the football league, he has ruined our chances of getting a half decent replacement.

Maybe Pearson/Leicester City is a dream combination, maybe it's a nightmare one.

Unlike others, I really don't know what MM should or shouldn't be doing, or indeed what he is or isn't doing.

does the appointment give you a nice contented feeling that we are moving in the right direction?

For a start don't you think "a lame duck" is rather strong and pathetic language?

secondly MM has been trying to recruit a manager for a few weeks - perhaps that shows that no-one with "decent history behind them" wants the job.

Who were you thinking of?

not pathetic at all. It's my opinion so why is that any more pathetic than your opinion?

Looks like we all need to get behind Nigel.

I, for one, will be totally committed to making sure Mr Pearson gets what he needs from the fans to turn around the fortunes of our beloved club.

Nigel Pearson's Blue & White Army.

I think we have to wait and give pearson a chance, if it is to be him as manager.

People who have been successful in the past doesn't guarantee they will be in the future.

As a manager pearson has achieved whats asked of him keeping teams in the division. Hopefully he will do the same here and get us promoted.

Doesnt matter who was appointed there would be no guarantee they would do well.

not pathetic at all. It's my opinion so why is that any more pathetic than your opinion?

I'm sorry. Maybe I should have said inaccurate and derogatory instead of pathetic. please excuse me and of course your inaccurate and derogatory opinion is as valid as mine.

:058:

It's been confirmed on SSN that Pearson will be announced as manager at a press conference this morning.
OK, didn't realise that, thank you.

In which case, yes, I now feel we are moving in the direction again, we have a Manager for a start.

He appears to be a manager with bollocks, and a manager who isn't afraid to lay into the players if they're naughty.

From what I saw of Southampton towards the back end of the season, they had fight, passion, belief and a modicum of ability. If this was down to Pearson, then I'm not too unhappy about the appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669