Pearson Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports News understands that Leicester City are set to name Nigel Pearson as their new manager.

Pearson is expected to be unveiled at a press conference on Friday as the Foxes end their search for a successor to Ian Holloway.

Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric parted company with Holloway at the end of last season following the club's relegation from the Championship.

Pearson was controversially replaced as Southampton manager by Jan Poortvliet at the end of last season after only three months in charge, despite helping the club avoid relegation on the last day of the season.

However, Pearson - who has also had caretaker spells in charge of Newcastle, West Brom and the England Under 21s - now appears to have found a new job.

However, Mandaric now appears to have found the man he hopes will help Leicester out of League One.

Last edited:
Team Nat From To Record G W L D Win %
Carlisle United December 17, 1998 May 17, 1999 30 5 12 13 16.66
West Bromwich Albion September 18, 2006 October 16, 2006 4 3 0 1 75.00
Newcastle United May 6, 2007 May 15, 2007 1 0 0 1 00.00
Newcastle United January 9, 2008 January 16, 2008 2 1 1 0 50.00
Southampton February 18, 2008 May 30, 2008 14 3 4 7 21.43

okay format is crap.

Last edited:
Team Nat From To Record G W L D Win %
Carlisle United December 17, 1998 May 17, 1999 30 5 12 13 16.66
West Bromwich Albion September 18, 2006 October 16, 2006 4 3 0 1 75.00
Newcastle United May 6, 2007 May 15, 2007 1 0 0 1 00.00
Newcastle United January 9, 2008 January 16, 2008 2 1 1 0 50.00
Southampton February 18, 2008 May 30, 2008 14 3 4 7 21.43

okay format is crap.

lets hope he learnt enough from those 14 games at the Saints to turn our shower into a team, as there isn't much else there to stand out.

I think the new C.E.O must have helped with this appointment considering he was at Saint's last season, and maybe thats the reason that the other one left cause he didn't want Pearson.

Well all i can say is Goodluck Pearson, i hope you show us and Mad Milan that you are a good manager and get us out this league.

Fourth, or possibly fifth, choice I suspect and everyone knows it - and that about sums the appointment

Lots to learn and bucketloads to prove - which might well be a good thing

The one thing I can say is that I do not have any overtly negative feelings about him and, given the alleged alternatives (including that utter feckwit Holloway) he is someone that I suspect everyone can actually get behind and support

Sadly, his appointment will mainly be greeted with "Well, at least it's not that bastard Gregory" rather than "Oh good, it's Nigel Pearson"

We've had two Steve Walshes before.

Hence the song, "he's here, he's there, he's every bloomin' where, Stevie Walsh, Stevie Walsh'. :icon_wink

IMO Pearson is a far better appointment than JG who has proved he is past it. Soton fans say that they were better under Pearson, proven by the fact they stayed up, or have you forgotten that? To say he won only 3/14 and had a worse record than IH is disingenius at best. IH had virtually a full season, Pearson had a handful of games with a team going nowhere but down.

He's not my first choice I'll admit, but I'm more hopeful if he is appointed than if Gregory is.

I hope he signs Stern John, he can do the job in this league.

From what some of you have said about MM's hands on approach, maybe he is seen as the easiest choice to manipulate.

Or none of the above. MM should stop fecking around and get a manager with some decent history behind him.

And manager with a decent history will either already have a good job, will be past it, or won't want to work for a third division club.

We only had two real options, get someone with a history of being crap, or get someone with not much of a history. Pearson seems to be a combination of the two.

Milan's only making plans for nigel
Milan's only wants whats best for him
Nigel just needs Milan's helping hand
And if young nigel says hes happy
He must be happy
He must be happy in his work
The future for him is now revealed
Nigels whole future is as good as sealed (the sack in x number of games)
And if young nigel says hes happy
He must be happy
He must be happy in his work
Nigel is not outspoken (unlike IH)
But he likes to speak
And loves to be spoken to
Nigel is happy in his work

And manager with a decent history will either already have a good job, will be past it, or won't want to work for a third division club.

We only had two real options, get someone with a history of being crap, or get someone with not much of a history. Pearson seems to be a combination of the two.

haha.....quality!

At least he has no track record we can pick on and at the very least, he managed a team last season which managed to fight it's way to safety.

Thank god, there's no anti-christ at our club. Hehehe now just read Homer's post and Homer's sentiment is spot on.

Last edited:
I shall be judging him on the quality of cliches used in the press conference.

I would hope to hear Mandaric described as passionate rather than mad, the club described as great rather than rubbish, the set-up as premiership-quality rather than ready for the conference, the fans as terrific rather than whinging loonies.

Then I shall be ready to get behind him.

I shall be judging him on the quality of cliches used in the press conference.

I would hope to hear Mandaric described as passionate rather than mad, the club described as great rather than rubbish, the set-up as premiership-quality rather than ready for the conference, the fans as terrific rather than whinging loonies.

Then I shall be ready to get behind him.

If we do not hear the words "sleeping giant" then I will be calling for his head immediately

Ditto if he doesn't talk about the pitch at any point

Happy with this appointment.

A mate of mine is from boro and thinks he's a legend. Also said he'll sort out the dressing room negitivity too. A true leader as a player.

Just the sort of bloke we want I think.

Good work Milan.

Fourth, or possibly fifth, choice I suspect and everyone knows it - and that about sums the appointment

Lots to learn and bucketloads to prove - which might well be a good thing

The one thing I can say is that I do not have any overtly negative feelings about him and, given the alleged alternatives (including that utter feckwit Holloway) he is someone that I suspect everyone can actually get behind and support

Sadly, his appointment will mainly be greeted with "Well, at least it's not that bastard Gregory" rather than "Oh good, it's Nigel Pearson"

:038: Great Post Homer, sums it up brilliantly.

I apologise to someone on Bentleys Roof for shamelessley pinching this:

But an anagram of his name is "A Longer Penis", and for that reason alone we should give him our full support :038:

But an anagram of his name is "A Longer Penis", and for that reason alone we should give him our full support :038:
Magnificent :038:

What would you rather have? Colin Wanker, or A Longer Penis.

F**king no brainer!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673