Just a man
With a man's courage
You know he's
Nothing but a man
And he can never fail
No one but the pure at heart
May find the Golden Grail
...Oh..Oh........Oh..Oh....

Im left in a horrible state of limbo, Matt, you are right I was being a bit troll like.

I am at a loss for words. If you ever get round to reading this thread Mr. Pearson, good luck to you in the future, you are the best manager we have had since Martin O'Neill, and that is high praise from a city fan.

Normally if it is footballing reasons - lost the dressing room, buying wrong type of player, the whole coaching team is sacked.

Shakespeare and Walsh are still there, and they have not resigned.

That suggests to me that this is entirely personal between Pearson and the Board.

Maybe he tried to defend his son's actions.

Despite what we read about the sleazier sides of Thailand the Srivaddhanaprabha family are immensely proud of their country and deeply religious. The sextape scandal must have caused them huge embarrassment.

Nigel does have a history of upsetting people. Maybe they asked him to change something, whatever, he obviously spat his dummy out once too often.

(My own personal conspiracy theory is that Cambiasso said yes to another year, but only if Pearson goes! No-brainer!)

You have to applaud AND support the owners integrity if nothing else
I have to do nothing of the sort. Sacking somebody for the actions of their children, which is what Radio Five just reported it as, is incredibly discredible and dishonourable. Top and his old man deserve calling out on this.

Before I start I can't fault NP's achievements. Like a lot of people I will be grateful for what he achieved.

A lot of sources are saying that this is because Nigel objected to the dismissal of his son. For now it is speculation so we can't know for sure.

I do however recollect seeing an article at the end of the season where the owners said they were delighted and they had never contemplated sacking Pearson. Obviously something has changed since then. I can think of only one significant event.

I don't think anyone would expect a father to disown their son.

Could I however ask a father to accept a decision to dismiss their son following a trip where their son was an active participant in the making of a racist sex tape whilst on an ambassadorial tour designed to enhance the profile of the club in Thailand. Pearson jr wasn't on a jolly. This wasn't a holiday for him. He was in that situation in his capacity as a Leicester City footballer. He damaged the reputation of the club and embarrassed an entire city. The decision to sack him cannot surely be that hard to accept. Nigel Pearson doesn't have to disown his son. He should however endorse the decision because it was the right one.

Once again, I respect NPs achievements but if he is unwilling to accept that what his son did was wrong and worthy of the punishment received then firstly I think it probably is time to move on, and secondly (at the very least in parenting terms), he is an ostrich.

I have to do nothing of the sort. Sacking somebody for the actions of their children, which is what Radio Five just reported it as, is incredibly discredible and dishonourable. Top and his old man deserve calling out on this.

Did they really say it was due to the actions of James? Because I've not heard that anywhere else. Most places seem to be saying it's due to his reaction to his son's sacking, rather than because of what his son did.

The thing that worries me most is our owners' recruitment history. They got rid of NP the first time, and then brought in PS and Sven. Not sure that they have any footballing knowledge, despite bringing NP back the second time.

They could recruit anyone.

The thing that worries me most is our owners' recruitment history. They got rid of NP the first time, and then brought in PS and Sven. Not sure that they have any footballing knowledge, despite bringing NP back the second time.

They could recruit anyone.
I thought Milan Manderich (sp?) sacked Pearson.

Not really sure what to think at the moment. Started off shocked but now of course it all makes a kind of sick sense as this seems to be how it goes when supporting Leicester City.

I want to rage about it but my first thought, before seeing any speculation, was that it was probably to do with his son and I can't quite work myself up to support him if that is the case. He's the best manager I've seen while watching us and I've always been a big fan of his but what his son (and others) did was indefensible and if he disagreed with the sacking/level of offence then I can't really bring myself to support him on this issue. That said I'm sure he'll be snapped up quickly and go on to do very well somewhere else.

And now everything about the coming season is up in the air. Remember the slump the players suffered after he went the first time? (Though, Sousa). Are they going to want to leave now? Is Cambiasso going to want to sign? I have no doubt Walsh and Shakespeare will go as soon as a new manager comes in so again almost complete changes behind the scenes . I'm not sure if I have much faith in the owners (who I am currently not bashing for this decision) in picking a new manager. None of the names on the lists posted above interest me. We just seemed to have sorted out our best style/formations/line-ups for this league and now that is all going to change.

We're ****ed. And any optimism I had for next season had evaporated.

No we are not. We have a great squad of players, bonded with each other.

What manager is going to come in and say 'These are a load of shite. I will have to replace most of them'?

If we can get the right man then this could really be quite a good thing. As much as Pearson did for us, I could never really see us being a top team under his realm. I hope the owners back the new man completely. One good thing is that the new man I'd appointed promptly, gets a pre-season. Who it will be? No idea.

First rule of football - owners are egotistical twats.

Sometimes they may win fans over with a gesture here or there, but they always want it to be about them rather than the club.

The owner leading the parade at the end of last season pretty much set the benchmark. After already having sacked Pearson once, and elbowed him out before. Dodgy Thais seem no better than dodgy Serbs, unsurprisingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566