Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games...

There is no room left in the bottle to applaud opposition teams or recognise that a player moved on to better things.

I applauded two of their goals last night.

Wouldn't have done it for same or higher level opponents but when they come from a lower league they deserve credit.

I agree that a sacking at this stage is only going to create a bigger hole for us but I'm not sure whether the owners will see it like that. As things stand, we haven't improved on last season's start and with some very difficult games still coming up in the very near future, we could feasibly have a very low tally by the end of September. I don't think the owners will have as much faith as some of the fans that more time will bring stronger reward. Pearson has started poorly with Hull in the past and got them back up the table. Hopefully he can do it again with us but I doubt he will be afforded too much time to get the team gelled and picking up results.

Yes I agree with all that. So far Pearson has been a major disappointment and he hasn't delivered and isn't delivering. Unfortunately as you say the option of making another managerial change isn't a good one. It would mean more turmoil and no benefit likely in the short term. I also agree that a couple more bad results in the next few games will have the Thais considering activating the trap door. We have to hope that Pearson raises his game and quickly.

But behind all this lies the suspicion that this is a club with a bad culture. The game is all about money but i suspect we are one of the worst examples - certainly below the Premier League. We pay more money than is the bench mark for this league and I guess that this is more or less the reason most of the players have signed on. We talk mockingly about 'passion' - but joking apart we are a club with no soul these days - the owners lashing out the cash which is largely wasted; the players and the agents take the cash; the local radio station has commentators who talk tripe and are totally deluded about the quality of the players - and the paying public are the mugs

Never mind 5 games get rid of the prat now ,hes bloody useless not up to the job ,after watching last nights game ive had enough of the stiit hes turning out .our clubs better than pearson .

Are you terry south in disguise at all? You sure spout the same stiit, whatever the **** that is, so one can only imagine you're the same entity.

The game is too full of anger and hate. We hate all players for earning too much, we get angry when they don't justify this money against criteria we set in our head, we hate opposition fans for daring to align themselves to another club. We despise our own fans and rant about all of this at every opportunity via forums, radio or in the pub. We can't stand referees who always make bad decisions and we ignore it when they favour us. If any player dares to move on to another club, they are the devil and must be hounded and berated with horrendous language. We call our team shit, wankers and ****ing useless and make these feelings known to the players and management if we concede a goal or aren't winning enough. If we do win, we might cheer a bit and allow a smile, but then we mutter about the fact that it's papering over the cracks.

We then take all of this anger and negative energy and bottle it with a shiny label marked "passion" and say that it is what makes the sport so great. There is no room left in the bottle to applaud opposition teams or recognise that a player moved on to better things.

At least that's my experience of large sections of football support nowadays, both our fans and other teams.

All of that.

The game is too full of anger and hate. We hate all players for earning too much, we get angry when they don't justify this money against criteria we set in our head, we hate opposition fans for daring to align themselves to another club. We despise our own fans and rant about all of this at every opportunity via forums, radio or in the pub. We can't stand referees who always make bad decisions and we ignore it when they favour us. If any player dares to move on to another club, they are the devil and must be hounded and berated with horrendous language. We call our team shit, wankers and ****ing useless and make these feelings known to the players and management if we concede a goal or aren't winning enough. If we do win, we might cheer a bit and allow a smile, but then we mutter about the fact that it's papering over the cracks.

We then take all of this anger and negative energy and bottle it with a shiny label marked "passion" and say that it is what makes the sport so great. There is no room left in the bottle to applaud opposition teams or recognise that a player moved on to better things.

At least that's my experience of large sections of football support nowadays, both our fans and other teams.

Yes the game has become a total tribal experience rather than a sport. There has always been this element (including tribal violence) to the game but it wasn't as bad many years ago. I would say that the mid 1960's were a stepping stone. I can recall that there was a time when 'star' players in the away were a significant drawing point a classic example would be whether Stanley Matthews would be fit to play when Blackpool were the visitors. I also recall a match in the early 60's when Burnley came to Filbert Street and thrashed us with a footballing exhibition and were warmly and generally applauded off the pitch.

But we're still not playing very well are we?

If you only want to see your team being at the top of the division and playing good football...

I suggest not going this season instead of turning up and moaning

All of that.

Agreed, I can feel my anger levels rising daily, mainly down to the ****wit fans though to be honest.

Does anyone have the misfortune of belonging to the group 'Leiceter Till I Die' on FaceFeck? What an impressive bunch of total and utter C###s

Agreed, I can feel my anger levels rising daily, mainly down to the ****wit fans though to be honest.

Does anyone have the misfortune of belonging to the group 'Leiceter Till I Die' on FaceFeck? What an impressive bunch of total and utter C###s

Bad show Lako :018:

Bad show Lako :018:

Anger spelling, I'm still waiting for Kingy to contribute to my internet bill the lousy Bastard.

If you only want to see your team being at the top of the division and playing good football...

I suggest not going this season instead of turning up and moaning

Or perhaps start to support one of the Manchester teams or Chelsea.

I do not think that you can say that there is more aggression now than in the past. When I first started to go to matches in the 70's. there was a series of punch-up's in and outside the ground each week. Racism, although not completely expunged now, was normal behaviour, and very few ladies would think of attending.

The change, with enormous wages, is that the "stars" do not inter-react in any way with the fans. Back in the day, I often saw Frank Worthington having a pre-match pint in our local, before the game. Now the players are athletes and the fun has gone out of the game. All that is left is the "win at all costs" mentality. I suppose, if we want chairmen to put in the sort of money that they do, they have a right to expect their staff to take things seriously.

Laughable. Absolutely no chance. Only if we are in the bottom 3 at Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669