Pre Match Peterborough v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Maybe not as straight forward as it looks on paper, it always tends to be a tricky fixture. Hopefully James will be fit to replace King, otherwise i envisage an unchanged team. If we play/compete to our high standard we should be too good for these. Im predicting a 0-2 win Wood Morgan

Re: Peterboro v Leicester

They are fighting for their Championship lives, this could be a lot tougher than appears given the odds for a Leicester win.

We had lots of opportunities against these, but they were the ones that took their few chances.
With your strikeforce, you should bag the points.

Really looking forward to this one as it will be my first time watching Leicester from a proper terrace :)

We had lots of opportunities against these, but they were the ones that took their few chances.
With your strikeforce, you should bag the points.

However, London Road is firmly a bogey ground. Normally one of their strikers becomes Maradona when we turn up. Nearest thing to a derby for them currently.

we always take good support there don't we?

As previously said - banana skin, one that if we win - we would really be in a good position - plus it would be a 6th straight win!

League table is tight. I don't think my heart can handle the playoffs, and my word would losing this one be a downer.

6 on the bounce, couple of the chasing pack to slip up please.

Really looking forward to this one as it will be my first time watching Leicester from a proper terrace :)

I normally stand at this one, but treated myself to a seat on Saturday

it amazes me how they get away with it

Wait until you get there on Saturday, there is a building site next door to the ground with some houses built on the old car park and it is a real tip, mud heap outside and probably the same inside

it's a right shit hole.

Exactly what I would expect of a proper terrace.

Always gutted I never went to Millmoor as that looked one of the shittest along with Gay Meadow though a lot of the want to go there came from the name.

Always gutted I never went to Millmoor as that looked one of the shittest along with Gay Meadow though a lot of the want to go there came from the name.

The last few times we went to Millmoor it was all seated. It was far from the worst ground around in those days.

I only went to Gay Meadow once, I stood on the away terrace with Peterborough fans. Arthur Rowley was on the pitch at half time, due to a local brewery naming a beer after him.

Millmoor is still there and in good condition. Went Rotherham's new ground on Saturday and it parked next door to Millmoor.

Peterborough's away terrace is due to be knocked in time for next season.

Whilst Peterborough are bottom and we are flying, I think this is a season defining game. They will fight for their lives and raise their game for big spending Leicester. We will need to dig deep, play ugly and take our chances. I would be delighted with a scrappy 1-0 win.

Millmoor is still there and in good condition. Went Rotherham's new ground on Saturday and it parked next door to Millmoor.
What do you reckon to the New York Stadium then. Go past it now and again and it looks impressive for a League 2 ground.
Millmoor being only walking distance away and used for parking does seem strange. They tried to get Rotberham Rugby playing tbere but it fell through, not sure what the old git who owns the old ground expects to do with it as now the new one is here there seems little point in keeping it. Our old Stand at Filbert Street nearly ended up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566