Pre Match Peterborough v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
The away stand at Hartlepool is all seated.

For how long has it been all-seater? Didn't we go there twice in 2008/09; firstly in the Trophy and then after Christmas in the League? I feel sure that I stood both times.

I know we also stood at Layer Road but I think we and Colchester were relegated together and that the game in the season in question was at their new place.

For how long has it been all-seater? Didn't we go there twice in 2008/09; firstly in the Trophy and then after Christmas in the League? I feel sure that I stood both times.

I know we also stood at Layer Road but I think we and Colchester were relegated together and that the game in the season in question was at their new place.

According to the Grounds Guide the away fans are housed in the 'Rink End'. This was all seater certainly in 2007 when the photo was taken. The only standing appears to be the lower level of the Niramax Stand and The Town End. I've never been, so maybe we had had some standing aswell in the Niramax Stand ?

I went to the league game, and I'm sure I sat.

No mention of standing in the Go Away threads:
http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php/25738-Hartlepool-United-Tues-2nd-Sept-2008-7pm-(JPT)

http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php/27215-Hartlepool-Tues-17th-Feb-09-7-45pm

Last edited:

I'm certain I stood all game at Huddersfield, but that because the twats in front of me wouldn't sit down.

I'm certain I stood all game at Huddersfield, but that because the twats in front of me wouldn't sit down.

Who in their right mind would sit still in a plastic seat outside in January?

The below was posted on FT, may be useful for someone: -

Hi there,
I'm the landlord of The Palmerston Arms in Peterborough (10 minutes walk from the ground), we serve 10 different real ales all drawn from the cask in our unique cellar, a window allows you to see your pint being pulled.
Sorry but we don't sell lager.
As away fans you are all welcome in my pub.
Here's a link to our Facebook Group https://www.facebook...ookmark_t=group which will tell you more about us.
We will be serving up Hog Roast pre-game, there is a traditional cafe opposite for a Full English and we are just a couple of minutes walk from a Fish and Chip shop.
To help with Sat – Navs our Post Code is PE2 9PA
If arriving by train we are 20 minutes walk from the station but to be honest the best thing to do is hop into a cab (cost approx £4.50)
We can also help with safe secure parking before, during and after the game - please ring me Ian on 01733 565865 and I'll be happy to arrange this for you.
Oh and UTP

I had the image of an all-night-garage type situation. Ask the man behind the perspex to pull you a pint and pop some money in the tray.

I drank in The Peacock last season. It's right on the junction of London Road / Fletton Avenue / Glebe Road. From memory it had a good selection of lager and real ales. Plenty of street parking on the residential roads off Fletton Avenue too.

I doubt anyone going on the train will be drinking anywhere other than the pub the local Police decide to put you in.

Which makes the decision easy.

I doubt anyone going on the train will be drinking anywhere other than the pub the local Police decide to put you in.

And everyone knows that Sky run the Police.

So it's Sky putting us in one of their pubs.

Bastards.

Which makes the decision easy.

Depends what time they arrive.

I've been a couple of times on the train and made my way across to the Wetherspoons pub without any problems.

Depends what time they arrive.

I've been a couple of times on the train and made my way across to the Wetherspoons pub without any problems.

This is my preference for Sat if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669