Pre Match Peterborough v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Peterborough itself is bad at all personally, there are much shitter cities out there. Plus London Road has an away terrace - what's not to like?

I need us to win this one as my girlfriend's side of the family are all devout Posh fans. I think we will too, they've been dreadful when I've seen them this season; little to no cohesion in midfield and weak at the back. If Nuge and co are in the mood we should be fine, although they've claimed a few decent scalps so far this season.

They have been told to start work on the terrace to avoid having to close it this season as they have delayed 2 years in a row.

So they took some huge steps and moved a programme box and knocked a wall down :icon_lol:

They are big supporters of the safe standing at all levels movement and don't want to convert the stand, especially if they get relegated.

Really looking forward to this one, should be a half decent atmosphere.

They've pulled off some decent results against teams near the top recently, and will be gunning for us on Saturday.
If we aren't complacent, we should win, however, tight ground, shitty surface, team fighting for survival. It's not going to be easy.

A draw between Watford & Palace on Friday night, followed by us winning on Saturday, will do for me :)

They are big supporters of the safe standing at all levels movement and don't want to convert the stand, especially if they get relegated.

Cynically I'd say it is more to do with packing the away fans in. A seated stand would see a substanial reduction in away end revenue.

Don't think Peterborough itself is bad at all personally, there are much shitter cities out there. Plus London Road has an away terrace - what's not to like?

Same here.

Cynically I'd say it is more to do with packing the away fans in. A seated stand would see a substanial reduction in away end revenue.

Same here.

This is also a reason, I would imgaine that the games such as ours and Leeds and Forest make a huge difference to the club.

They have been told to start work on the terrace to avoid having to close it this season as they have delayed 2 years in a row.

I think I'm right in saying that the 'improvements' to the terrace are contingent on them maintaining Championship status

The last time I went to Peterborough there was a crowding and stewarding issue. Supporters were allowed to stand on walls and the crushing around the entrances was totally unacceptable.

I'm a supporter of safe standing but the shit stand at Peterborough doesn't offer it.

What do you reckon to the New York Stadium then. Go past it now and again and it looks impressive for a League 2 ground.
Millmoor being only walking distance away and used for parking does seem strange. They tried to get Rotberham Rugby playing tbere but it fell through, not sure what the old git who owns the old ground expects to do with it as now the new one is here there seems little point in keeping it. Our old Stand at Filbert Street nearly ended up there.

Here's the opening couple of paragraphs to my ground review (relaunching my blog with mass of content soon on a new address):-

After years of suffering at the atmospheric void that was the Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield, the Millers have returned back to their hometown. Typically just a short walk away from their former home, Millmoor which is still standing and in reasonable condition. On current ratio, there is roughly a new stadium to the 92 every season excluding the promoted clubs from the Conference. After a boom in the late nineties and early 2000's of single tiered bowls and then lower league clubs building regular four detached stands of stadiums, we have begun to see progress in giving the fans what they want; distinctive stadia design which is located well to the club's home-town.

Whilst Chesterfield's ProAct Stadium was bland in design, it's location was excellent and the external finishes gave a homely touch rather than dull concrete breezeblock. Brighton's AMEX Stadium is a wonderful design built into a natural bowl but for me, it was too remote to Brighton or any other town to make it a real great day-out. The New York Stadium however manages to combine a good location with a unique design whilst also being perfectly sized for a club of Rotherham's stature.

The last time I went to Peterborough there was a crowding and stewarding issue. Supporters were allowed to stand on walls and the crushing around the entrances was totally unacceptable.

I'm a supporter of safe standing but the shit stand at Peterborough doesn't offer it.

I'd say that was largely down to a lack of authority in the stewards and that the large majority of City support had never seen a terrace in their life i.e. move into free open areas

I think I'm right in saying that the 'improvements' to the terrace are contingent on them maintaining Championship status

Yes. Certainly the case on their home end...the London Road terrace. However, I think they have committed themselves on the away end as it's going to have ''community facilities'' (all including in the planning permission).

I'd say that was largely down to a lack of authority in the stewards and that the large majority of City support had never seen a terrace in their life i.e. move into free open areas

That game wasn't until the end of March, there were many terraces prior to that match but nothing like the conditions.

I thought Cheltenham was seated? Hereford was definitely standing.

Cheltenham was seated behind the goal where I sat, not sure about the side.

Hereford - I definitely stood at the side.

Yeovil was an excellent evening out, albeit freezing cold!

Cheltenham was seated behind the goal where I sat, not sure about the side.

Hereford - I definitely stood at the side.

Yeovil was an excellent evening out, albeit freezing cold!

All what we had at Cheltenham was seated. Behind the goal and the bit round the corner. The only stand at Cheltenham that's terraced is for home supporters at the far opposite end to the away fans.

Both seated. Yeovil, Bristol Rovers, Peterborough and Hereford had terracing. Hereford was after P'boro on a beautiful Easter Saturday.

I could have sworn I was on a terrace at Hartlepools. You live and learn, I was totally wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669