Players to keep, sell and chase

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

stockdale (need to buy him - he's quality)
mattock
hobbs (need to buy him)
morrisson
tunchev
brown
luke oneill
cobb

king
oakley
cleverley (should try to buy him)
adjaravic (worth a years contract)
dyer
gradel

howard (won't be able to bully championship defenders - will have far less impact)
fryatt (needs to step his game up on the back of his first succesful season)
chambers - make or break
kee - one for the future

players to sell/not renew loan: dj campbell (£250,000, warner, kisnorbo (£1m), dickov, hayles, craig king, gilbert, nicky adams, levi porter, lathaniel rowe turner, joe magunda, ricky sappleton, powell, edworthy, berner, wesolowski

buy; two strikers of the like of Cox, Lambert or better, quality tough tackling midfielder to help us hold posession (i think stuart campbell is underrated), right back. Something around £5m at least needs to be spent, as the games v palace show that we are still a middling to low quality championship side.

Last edited:
stockdale (need to buy him - he's quality)
mattock
hobbs (need to buy him)
morrisson
tunchev
brown
luke oneill
cobb

king
oakley
cleverley (should try to buy him)
adjaravic (worth a years contract)
dyer
gradel

howard (won't be able to bully championship defenders - will have far less impact)
fryatt (needs to step his game up on the back of his first succesful season)
chambers - make or break
kee - one for the future

players to sell/not renew loan: dj campbell (£250,000, warner, kisnorbo (£1m), dickov, hayles, craig king, gilbert, nicky adams, levi porter, lathaniel rowe turner, joe magunda, ricky sappleton, powell, edworthy, berner

buy; two strikers of the like of Cox, Lambert or better, quality tough tackling midfielder to help us hold posession (i think stuart campbell is underrated), right back. Something around £5m at least needs to be spent, as the games v palace show that we are still a middling to low quality championship side.

Do you watch a lot of the reserve games then? Otherwise how are you judging the youth players?

Also, why will we get 1m for Kisnorbo, who is out of contract in 2 months?

iirc didnt Campbell used to be a winger?

all the young players who are any good have been involved this season. none of those listed who have been loaned out have done any good. so they will almost all be let go in my opinion. for kisnorbo, championship managers do one thing consistently - and that's pay one million for players who aren't great but had one good season (McAuley) - just listing what he should fetch.
stuart campbell is a centre mid - always was. not saying we should re-sign him necessarily, but he's underrated and we need a mobile, no nonsense ball winner for the championship. tired of players like shaun derry at palace interrupting our superior quality but less tenacious midfielders.

How do you know how well players have done on loan? Nicky Adams did well at Rochdale, and as far as I am aware Magunda has done ok at Woking.

These are young players who have a lot of years of football ahead and with the youth set up here have a good chance to progress.

With regards to players like Cox and Lambert, we have no idea how well they will perform at the next level. Fryatt was very good this season and previously at this level for Wallsall but didn't really do it in the CCC. Lee trundle and Freddie Eastwood also spring to mind.

I personally will worry very little about who we sign, let go or keep here as I have faith in the current management/scouts to know what will be best.

all the young players who are any good have been involved this season. none of those listed who have been loaned out have done any good. so they will almost all be let go in my opinion. for kisnorbo, championship managers do one thing consistently - and that's pay one million for players who aren't great but had one good season (McAuley) - just listing what he should fetch.
stuart campbell is a centre mid - always was. not saying we should re-sign him necessarily, but he's underrated and we need a mobile, no nonsense ball winner for the championship. tired of players like shaun derry at palace interrupting our superior quality but less tenacious midfielders.

Mcauley had time left on his contract, Kisnorbo will be a free agent in the summer, whoever wants him will get him for free

maybe Nigel still wants Kisnorbo around? Can't say I'd be bothered if he went but we know hes a good defender at Championship level and would be good to have around, not only as back up but as our main CB if we can't get Hobbs on permanent.

I think areas that need adding to or fixing are:

Forwards - we need a a forward who has a bit of pace about him, I think Cox would be a good bet.

Right Back - I actually think Gilbert is alright but think we could find better for a cheaper price elsewhere.

Goalkeeper - Need a good one in permanently. I'd be chuffed if we could get Stockdale on a permanent basis.

Right Back - I actually think Gilbert is alright but think we could find better for a cheaper price elsewhere.

I would really like to see us get Gilbert.

As ever we have a sound looking defence but we need a proper keeper and more cover in the middle of the park.

I wonder if Clem will make it back?

Howard and Fryatt will perform better next season in the championship than in previous seasons for the simple reason that we are a steady club again (touch wood). Granted we shouldnt expect the amount of goals we have had this season but they will be ok.

In my probably not so a good an opinion we will need another RB. I think Edworthy is out of contract in the summer, and we might not get Kerrea Gilbert. I think midfield could be strengthed with another loan signing as and when we need it.

Sign stockdale as goalkeeper if he is available, and/or get another keeper in.

We could do with a pacy striker too, just in case. Get rid of Hayles and Dickov, they are past it for the championship. Well maybe keep Hayles as an impact sub. I can't think of any sensible suggestions though, as I doubt Leeds would sell Beckford.

Try and get Jason Scotland from Swansea IF they don't manage to get up thru the playoffs. Everytime I see him play he seems to get better and he has the physical aspects needed in the Championship something which Fryatt lacks me thinks and age wise Scotland beats Howard hands down. Trouble is the offer would have to be very tempting and to come he'd have to think City had a better chance of making the Premiership than staying with Swansea. This would only happen if City made the type of signings that stood out and made the announcement to the Championship that we are here to win it. We can only hope so!!

Try and get Jason Scotland from Swansea IF they don't manage to get up thru the playoffs. Everytime I see him play he seems to get better and he has the physical aspects needed in the Championship something which Fryatt lacks me thinks and age wise Scotland beats Howard hands down. Trouble is the offer would have to be very tempting and to come he'd have to think City had a better chance of making the Premiership than staying with Swansea. This would only happen if City made the type of signings that stood out and made the announcement to the Championship that we are here to win it. We can only hope so!!

I like Scotland, but there were prem teams after him earlier last week apparantly and Swansea still have a chance of the playoffs

I've heard from a good source that Swansea will go up via the playoffs. This is simply because there is an unknown law in the FA rulebook which says Leicester can not play Swansea.

i would try to get jonathan greening and or matt holland (for 1 year) to tighten the midfield

also maybe saganovski from saints as he is a good goalscorer and has the added benefit of working with pearson before

i would try to get jonathan greening and or matt holland (for 1 year) to tighten the midfield

also maybe saganovski from saints as he is a good goalscorer and has the added benefit of working with pearson before

Greening is playing regularly isn't he? Holland may be more of a possibility, though he's not that different to Oakley IMO. How old is Saga now?

I've heard from a good source that Swansea will go up via the playoffs. This is simply because there is an unknown law in the FA rulebook which says Leicester can not play Swansea.

We've played them at least four times since the last time we played Doncaster Rovers.

We won't get Jason Scotland. Swansea are a team with real potential at the moment-new stadium, good footballing side, bright manager. Why would he leave that to come to us? yes we may have just got promoted, and many feel that the good times are on there way back, but we've still got to prove that in a higher league-something which Swansea have done this season.

Michael Tonge, currently at Stoke and not getting many games at all, wealth of experience in Championship with Sheff Utd. Would be a decent addition in central midfield. IMO could play with either Oakley or King.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570