Players to keep, sell and chase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Return of Lee Hendrie maybe? Michael Brown from Wigan?

Not sure on how well there playing, how often and whether we could get them though.

Like many have said here, I'm sure NP will bring in the right kind of people to keep us safe in the championship!

This is the current squad, who would you keep next season? I have highlighted the players I'd like us to keep hold of.

Paul Henderson
Marc Edworthy
Patrick Kisnorbo
Aleksandar Tunchev
Stephen Clemence
Matt Oakley
Steve Howard
DJ Campbell
Lloyd Dyer
Matty Fryatt
James Wesolowski
Michael Morrison
Nicky Adams
Bruno N'Gotty
Levi Porter
Barry Hayles
Harry Worley
Ashley Chambers
Max Gradel
Joe Mattock
Andy King
Paul Dickov
Chris Powell
Bruno Berner
Ricky Sappleton

I omitted Luke O'Neill, Craig King, Alex Cisak, Aman Verma, Carl Pentney, Lathaniel Rowe-Turner and Lee Cox from the list, although Pentney looked very assured in his brief subs appearance in the league match.

Also, the loanees I'd try and sign next season in bold:

Kerrea Gilbert
Tom Cleverley
Jack Hobbs
David Martin
Wayne Brown
David Stockdale
Tony Warner
Astrit Ajdarevic

Jan philip Kalla,he plays left full for FC St Pauli and would be a good fit for us.very fast and has a mean streak that all good defenders need!

Keep:

Tunchev, Berner, King, Oakley, Howard, Gradel, Dyer, Morrison, Campbell, Brown.

Transfer List:

Worley, Hayes, Dickov, Porter, Adams.

Release:

Henderson, Kisnorbo, Hayles, Edworthy, Powell, Sappleton, N'Gotty.

Cremate:

Clemence, Wesolowski.

Sell if decent offer (if not keep and remove from need list):

Mattock, Fryatt.

Need:

2 keepers, 2 right backs, 1 centre back, 2 left backs, 2 centre midfielders, 1 right midfielder, 2 strikers.

Would like to see Hobbs sign. Stockdale has impressed me most of the loanee keepers. Gilbert blows hot and cold but would get if cheap. Cleverley on a years loan would be a cracking deal for all concerned.

Overall, I'm hoping we recruit 2/3 loanees from top Prem clubs, 2/3 'Tunchev like' unknowns from abroad, 2/3 lower league additions and 2/3 ex-Prem old pros with some hunger and mileage left.

Last edited:
Keep:

Transfer List:

Release:

Henderson, Kisnorbo, Hayles, Edworthy, Powell, Sappleton.

Cremate:

Clemence, Wesolowski.

Mattock, Fryatt.

Need:

2 keepers, 2 right backs, 1 centre back, 2 left backs, 2 centre midfielders, 1 right midfielder, 2 strikers.

Would like to see Hobbs sign. Stockdale has impressed me most of the loanee keepers. Gilbert blows hot and cold but would get if cheap. Cleverley on a years loan would be a cracking deal for all concerned.

Overall, I'm hoping we recruit 2/3 loanees from top Prem clubs, 2/3 'Tunchev like' unknowns from abroad, 2/3 lower league additions and 2/3 ex-Prem old pros with some hunger and mileage left.

I very much doubt (and hope) we won't see another summer with 10-12 new signing. It disrupted the team massively the season before this and will break up a confident and settled squad.

4/5 max I think

I very much doubt (and hope) we won't see another summer with 10-12 new signing. It disrupted the team massively the season before this and will break up a confident and settled squad.

4/5 max I think

Approx 20 'new' players played for us this season and it didn't seem to do us any harm.

Far more important than the number of new players is quality of player recruited and man management of those new players.

Anyway, I was recommending 6-8 'new' players overall, not 12. I'd be amazed and disappointed if NP isn't well aware that we need at least that many.

Last edited:
Approx 20 'new' players played for us this season and it didn't seem to do us any harm.

Far more important than the number of new players is quality of player recruited and man management of those new players.

Anyway, I was recommending 6-8 'new' players overall, not 12. I'd be amazed and disappointed if NP isn't well aware that we need at least that many.

I just took the 4 2/3 you listed at the bottom and went for the middle.

Edit: Also your need section has 12 players in it?

Last edited:
Keep:

Transfer List:

Release:

Henderson, Kisnorbo, Hayles, Edworthy, Powell, Sappleton, N'Gotty.

Cremate:

Clemence, Wesolowski.

Mattock, Fryatt.

Need:

Agree with all this with one exception. During last summer I was looking forward to a good campaign from Campbell & sent posts out in his support, but I do now think it's best to part company. His time here hasn't worked out and above all he seems to feel that too and wants to go. Best call 'time' on our association and go a our seperate ways. I'm not suprised he's done well at Blackpool and hopefully this will help pursuade them or another club to take him on.

Jonjo Shelvey at Charlton.
Only 17, plays in midfield or upfront, and looks more than capable for the championship (albeit from clips on tv).

That lad Bailey, also at Charlton, looks like a good player as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669