Plymouth Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We defended realy well today ,but saying that i thought that we played far to deep and realy lacked any width from the midfield. Hume played relatively well but is no winger, DJ seems to be a bit lacking for me and de vries with all his effort seems to be of no real threat especialy as we were playing so deep.

When cort came on he seemed quite hungry but lacked a partner playing up with him as hume drops into the midfield areas way to often.

On the whole i'd say we played the better football without creating anything of substance.

Thanks Fludie for getting me the ticket:)

Sums it up pretty well - I thought the back 4 were excellent. Clem and Weso competed really well as they always do, but we lacked width and a genuine threat. Levi did ok when he came on, Hume is our best player, but not a winger. I don't think we have worked out how to serve DJ best yet - he needs balls on the ground behind the back 4, but isn't getting a lot. De Vries was fine, harshly treated by the ref I thought and Cort looked quite impressive when he came on.

Biggest factor for me was that we had no direction from the sidelines. We need a manager / authority figure quick. By all accounts, the players are pissed off about the Allen situation (rightly so IMO but we must move on), and they need someone to be in charge.

Overall, good effort, but terrible game not worth the journey.

Also, saw Fludie on the train,...or someone wearing his shirt!,...

Its hard to be enthusiastic today, imo its got that lacklustre feeling about it thats dogged the club for the last 2-3 years. The sooner the manager situation is sorted out the better.

It was sorted but then a geriatric big nosed twat waded in with his ego.

Milan must be a mediocrity fan.

And that stops you saying hello does it?

Or had you got your hot dog shoved in your gob at the time?:icon_roll:biggrin:

I was in a rush to get back to my seat as the second half had just kicked off. :icon_wink And yes I was eating, surprisingly.

MHS you got pretty early then, did you much after i left you?

Saw Cornishfox and glanced at beaumontfox.

Not a bad day, least we got a point:)

TBH the performance yesterday comes as no surprise.

A team that has been heavily coached to a pattern, used to being directed every second of the game goes through the events of Tuesday and the sudden loss of the managerial & coaching team (with, if the reports are to be believed half the squad pleased, the other half not). Temporary managerial team who were probably not that familiar with or known by all the new faces tries to pick up the pieces, probably with no1 priority to avoid defeat.

It was on the cards for a poor draw. (though I did predict 1-1 rather than 0-0).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670