Pre-season Friendlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mel Taufer is on trial with us from Inter Milan. 18 year old midfielder and was very highly regarded by Inter a while back.

He linked well in midfield and most of his passes were successful and he did spray it out to the right wing and left wing at times to stretch Ilkeston, where we were most successful.
He did seem a little lightweight at times though and knocked off the ball and caught in possession a few times. However I imagine he'll get used to that the more British style games that he plays.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/join-lcfc-at-supporter-events-in-la-stockholm-3192924.aspx

Supporters in LA and Stockholm are being given the unique opportunity to have their photograph taken with the Premier League trophy, at special supporters’ club events.

On Saturday 30 July, the Premier League champions will take on Paris Saint-Germain in the International Champions Cup at the StubHub Center in – home of MLS side LA Galaxy, before flying to Stockholm to take on Barcelona at Friends Arena – Sweden’s national stadium – on Wednesday 3 August.
The day before both fixtures, supporters in Los Angeles and Stockholm are being invited to a one-off supporters’ event, where they will get the opportunity to have their photograph taken with the Premier League trophy and a Leicester City legend.
During the events, supporters will also get the chance to join the Club’s recently established ‘International Fox Member’, the perfect way to keep up-to-date with the latest Leicester City news.

We're sending a team to Nuneaton tomorrow. The players involved might think they're being sent to Coventry...

http://www.nuneatontownfc.com/news/leicester-stars-to-feature-at-liberty-way-1650040.html?

Confirmation Of Premier League Champions To Feature Tomorrow At Liberty Way;
We have received confirmation this afternoon than Leicester City FC will be bringing up to seven first team members for our final home pre-season friendly, tomorrow at Liberty Way (12 Noon KO).

The confirmed players so far are Gokhan Inler (Switzerland international, ex Napoli and Udinese midfielder), Liam Moore (England U21 international, defender), Ritchie De Laet (Ex Manchester United and Belgium international, defender), Tom Lawrence (Ex Manchester United, Wales International, striker) and Callum Elder (Australian defender).

The game will certainly provide a tough test for The Boro, however it's one Kevin Wilson's side will relish as they look to continue their preparations for the new season.

Kick off tomorrow is 12 Noon, turnstiles open from 10:30am.

£10 Adults

£8 Concession

£3 16 & Under

FREE 10 & Under

Inler's Summer capped off by a visit to Nuneaton. This time last season it looked so different for him. He might have got a Champions medal but I'm sure he would have preferred to have played more games and featured in the Euros for Switzerland.
Now he can't even get in the squad to play a shit team in green and white hoops

Wowzers, there's the list of players no longer required then

Wowzers, there's the list of players no longer required then

Would imagine we should be able to offload De Laet relatively easy.

Inler will be on a decent wedge, but he's probably desperate for football so he might be willing to cut a deal. What a terrible move for him.

The others will be distributed across the championship I would have thought.

The PSG game kicks off at 4:30AM UK time on Sunday. But it's being shown "live" on Sky at 05:00

Does anyone know if they're going to show the match in full, but delayed by half an hour, or if the kick off time we've been told is wrong?

There's an ICC match that kicks off at 3AM (Liverpool v AC Milan), also on Sky, so it seems stupid to have another one starting before that one's finished.

The LA Galaxy site shows kick off as 4.30am our time.

Maybe Sky are just delaying the 'live' coverage if there is an overlap with another match that someone did not notice when the matches were programmed, or the Sky rep fell asleep in that meeting!

Both games are on SS1. Maybe they do not want to move Darts or International Basket Weaving from one of their other channels to make way for it?

But then you would find out the score 30 minutes after everybody else

You're right, it would make more sense

I'm sure I could cope!

Why couldn't they just kick off half an hour later? Seems like pretty shit organisation, to me.

That people are even entertaining the thought of watching this with blurry eyes in the middle of the night instead of downloading it in beautiful HD a few hours later is worrying to me but each of to their own.

That people are even entertaining the thought of watching this with blurry eyes in the middle of the night instead of downloading it in beautiful HD a few hours later is worrying to me but each of to their own.

I'll be downloading it to watch later... but since that's probably most would do, it definitely would've made sense to just delay the coverage by 30 minutes.

By the time they switch to our game we could be 3 or 4 goals up! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669