Pre-season games

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was first mentioned in this thread two weeks ago but there's been no confirmation from the club.

When/if this game is confirmed, I understand that there will also be another game against either Wolfsburg or PSV Eindhoven - and possibly a third game (or open training session), depending how we do in the first two.

Andrew Neville confirmed during the moan-in that there are plans to play two games in Austria.

OP now amended to reflect the changes to the games in Sweden brought about by the withdrawal of Brescia.

Enskede's stadium(?) here

Enskede's stadium(?) here

OP now amended to reflect the changes to the games in Sweden brought about by the withdrawal of Brescia.

If I'm not mistaken, the games will still all be played at Hammarby IF's ground.

BUT... they've now changed the dates - all Leicester games will now kick off on another day!! (13th instead of the 14th and 18th instead of the 17th)
Check your flight schedules.

If I'm not mistaken, the games will still all be played at Hammarby IF's ground.

BUT... they've now changed the dates - all Leicester games will now kick off on another day!! (13th instead of the 14th and 18th instead of the 17th)
Check your flight schedules.

The three Leicester games were due to be played on 12th, 15th and 18th July. They are now arranged for 12th, 14th and 18th July, so only one of the dates has changed.

The information that I have says that the third game will be at the home stadium of Enskede IF, which is called Enskede IP. The first game will be played in Uppsala as was always planned, leaving us with just the one game on Hammerby's ground.

Where are you getting your information from? If different sources are quoting different dates and venues, we clearly need to check again.

The three Leicester games were due to be played on 12th, 15th and 18th July. They are now arranged for 12th, 14th and 18th July, so only one of the dates has changed.

The information that I have says that the third game will be at the home stadium of Enskede IF, which is called Enskede IP. The first game will be played in Uppsala as was always planned, leaving us with just the one game on Hammerby's ground.

Where are you getting your information from? If different sources are quoting different dates and venues, we clearly need to check again.
My bad - I just got a mail from Tomas Ehrling today, confirming the dates you've mentioned.

We will play either Hammarby or Enskede IK at Enskede's own ground (which holds only 1'000 people), about 800 yards away from Hammarby's ground, on the 18th.

The recently re-scheduled game against Mallorca bugged me at first - I had to amend my flight plans, paying extra.

I just hope they're not coming up with further changes or I'll be properly pissed.

Last edited:
I just hope they're not coming up with further changes or I'll be properly pissed.

I think most of the fans who travel over there will be "properly pissed" whether there any more changes or not. Further changes will piss them off - quite a different thing - and both quite different from piss or pissing.

Welcome to English.
:icon_wink

I think most of the fans who travel over there will be "properly pissed" whether there any more changes or not. Further changes will piss them off - quite a different thing - and both quite different from piss or pissing.

Welcome to English.
:icon_wink
That was totally intentional... Oops. Shame you can't edit your own posts on TB after a while anymore.

Bit of a letdown. :p

Shame you can't edit your own posts on TB after a while anymore.

Is that so? I hadn't realised. As a mod I can edit whenever.

I wonder if Jeff knows.

The amount of time before you can't edit posts hasn't changed, it's always been set to 10 minutes.

No need to answer my question elsewhere then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669