Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Times this morning reporting that he is one game from the sack. “It is understood that a repeat performance at home to West Ham may spell the end....”.

Which always seems a bit odd, will a win against West Ham really prove anything about the direction of the club?

It will prove that a team that plays shit negative football can best another team that plays shit negative football.

The Times this morning reporting that he is one game from the sack. “It is understood that a repeat performance at home to West Ham may spell the end....”.

Which always seems a bit odd, will a win against West Ham really prove anything about the direction of the club?

That is the ridiculous situation we're in though. Imagine being a player at the moment? It must be impossible for them. Lots of them know that the worst thing that they can do for their careers is win.

Just like a team that ends one season well often starts the next one well. The reverse is true. Even if we're shit enough to ensure that Puel goes, it leaves a massive task for the new manager to get the players into the right frame of mind for next season.

That is the ridiculous situation we're in though. Imagine being a player at the moment? It must be impossible for them. Lots of them know that the worst thing that they can do for their careers is win.

Just like a team that ends one season well often starts the next one well. The reverse is true. Even if we're shit enough to ensure that Puel goes, it leaves a massive task for the new manager to get the players into the right frame of mind for next season.

Exactly. Bad situation. For the first time ever, I want Leicester to lose a game because I'm convinced that winning a game under Puel is in the worst interests of the club. I'm normally a natural moaner but this situation with this appalling hopeless alleged 'manager' is unique. I would have thought that the least damaging scenario would be to sack Puel right now - before the kick off and give Appleton the opportunity to manage for just the last three games. I would have hoped that the owners had more about them than to get into this mess.

If the team win, surely it means 1 of 3 things.

Either the performance suggests the players have adapted and/or embraced Puels ideas.

Puel has learned to adapt and get the best from this group of players

Or we play terrible again and get lucky which isn't likely to influence any decision from the owners either way.

How is winning not a desirable outcome?

Or number four - Wet Spam are so completely shite that even Puel couldn't feck it up

How is winning not a desirable outcome?

All any win will do is strengthen Puel's position. I believe that Puel will wreck us even further if we give him licence in the transfer window to recruit a load of tippy tappy players to replace proven winners. I believe that it is inevitable that he'll make a mess of it and be sacked by October, leaving behind a complete mess of a squad. Then we are in real trouble.

If I knew that he'd be ditched in the summer irrespective of these last three results, then I'd be backing us to win as usual. But I don't. So I want us to lose.

In direct contrast to you, I can't comprehend anyone that would want Puel let loose on this group for much longer. If he stays, I fully expect a mass exodus of players that we all really value. Just like with Sousa and Taylor, he's poison.

So, how is losing not a desirable outcome?

if you ever go into a game wanting Leicester to lose simply put you are not a fan, there are times I have absolutely hated the manager but I have never wanted the team to lose, that mentality is pathetic

if you ever go into a game wanting Leicester to lose simply put you are not a fan, there are times I have absolutely hated the manager but I have never wanted the team to lose, that mentality is pathetic

The downside of winning is greater than the downside of losing. How is that wrong? It's far more logical and caring about my club than blind allegiance.

All any win will do is strengthen Puel's position. I believe that Puel will wreck us even further if we give him licence in the transfer window to recruit a load of tippy tappy players to replace proven winners. I believe that it is inevitable that he'll make a mess of it and be sacked by October, leaving behind a complete mess of a squad. Then we are in real trouble.

If I knew that he'd be ditched in the summer irrespective of these last three results, then I'd be backing us to win as usual. But I don't. So I want us to lose.

In direct contrast to you, I can't comprehend anyone that would want Puel let loose on this group for much longer. If he stays, I fully expect a mass exodus of players that we all really value. Just like with Sousa and Taylor, he's poison.

So, how is losing not a desirable outcome?

Surely the decision, either way has already been made? I can't see these last games changing the owners minds if the palace game hasn't already.

Either the owners believe in him and are going to back him in the summer despite our current form so seeing a sign that he can make things work is a positive.

Or he will be sacked, irrespective of these results.

It's possible that the owners are going to decide his fate based on these last 2 games but I doubt it.

The downside of winning is greater than the downside of losing. How is that wrong? It's far more logical and caring about my club than blind allegiance.
these last 3 games will have no baring on it what so ever, if they are going to sack him they will do it what ever happens in the West Ham, Arsenal and Spurs game, with no danger of relegation they probably just don't want to do it now

After last summer and the farce resulting in Shakespeare being appointed permanent manager, I don't trust the owners to do the right thing.

After last summer and the farce resulting in Shakespeare being appointed permanent manager, I don't trust the owners to do the right thing.
then why so desperate to get rid of Puel? They could well hire someone worse like Pardew

Wave your shoes in the air and get behind 'em, or summat

It shows in a nice simple way that the people making managerial decisions at the club haven't got a ****ing clue.

if you ever go into a game wanting Leicester to lose simply put you are not a fan,
That’s simply not true. I’d much rather a comprehensive 3-0 defeat that sees him sacked on Sunday than a narrow one goal victory and he stays in the job for longer. Short term defeat for the long term gain of the club does not make me not a fan.

then why so desperate to get rid of Puel? They could well hire someone worse like Pardew
On the basis that the next decision could prove worse than the last decision, nobody would ever do anything in life. It’s called opportunity cost and could we really do much worse than Puel?

Agreed. I very much think his job hinges on the next three performances (though it shouldnt').

"Good" news is we are going to get twatted at least twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566