Queens Park Rangers - Saturday 28th October 2006 - Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its still only a couple of quid......

Parking used to be free on a saturday at Watford Junction, so that must have changed recently

There is not a lot of parking in Watford these days would doubt it is free. You could definatley park for free in Kings Langley which is the next stop to Watford and your car would not be touched there.

Well as long as you don't park infornt of my house like all the other feckers do!

Last edited:
There'a a lot of parking in the streets to the west of the ground and also off the Goldhawk Road. Most of the "residents only" areas only operate Monday to Friday. Usually possible to get a space within 10-15 minutes walk

does anybody know what time rougly the Fox Travel coaches leave as its still not been posted on the website and i was planning to get my tickets on friday and the departure time may swing t his one for me.

does anybody know what time rougly the Fox Travel coaches leave as its still not been posted on the website and i was planning to get my tickets on friday and the departure time may swing t his one for me.

I would expect it to be 10:30 but stress that there has been no announcement yet - I'm just guessing, based on the distance and accessibility.

Now confirmed as 10:00.

Cheap MidlandMainLiine tickets have now been released - singles available from £8 for appropriately timed trains.

KO 3:00 PM

Tickets:

1526 tickets will be available for this match. As usual, we are to be accommodated in the School End Upper. Tickets will be priced at £24 for Adults and £14 for Seniors (over 60) and Students (21 and under - student ID will be required at the turnstile). Under 16s accompanied by an Adult will pay £5 whilst those attending unaccompanied will pay £8. No charge for under 8s, but they will still need a ticket. All tickets will cost more at the turnstiles on the day - in general they will be £2 more than if pre-purchased, but under 8s will pay £7 and students will have to pay the full adult price.

Tickets go on sale...

Monday 16th October - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1
Tuesday 17th October - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2
Wednesday 18th October - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3
Thursday 19th October - Members
Friday 20th October - General Sale

Coaches

Fox Travel will be leaving from the Walkers at 10:00.

£14.50 Adult season ticket holder
£12.50 Concession season ticket holders
Non-season ticket holders pay a quid more in each case.

Trains

MML provide at least two trains an hour from Leicester to London St Pancras. At the moment no cheap advance tickets are being offered for the return journey - this may be because of planned engineering work and they may be offered when the scope and timetable of the work has been finalised. Edit on 18th Oct: Cheap tickets now released - some a £8, £10 and £12 (all singles) for appropriately timed trains.

Otherwise the cheapest return fare is £40.00 for a Saver. Groups of 3 or 4 people travelling together can take advantage of the GroupSave scheme and buy 3 or 4 tickets for the same price as 2.

Onward travel from St Pancras is via the Hammersmith & City Line to Shepherds Bush which is a short walk from the ground. Shepherds Bush is in Zone 2 - a zone 1-2 single ticket now costs £3, so it will be cheaper for you to buy a Z1-2 travelcard at £4.90 for your return journey - it will also save you from having to queue for a ticket after the game.

You can travel cheaper on the tube by buying an Oystercard. The fare with an Oyster would be £1.50 single - half-price!! - but with a £3 deposit (refundable) on the card, it might not be worth getting one for a single visit to London, but even occasional visitors can find them worthwhile.

NB The whole of the Central Line west of Marble Arch will be closed for engineering woeks on the day of the game. This means that White City and Shepherds Bush (Central Line) stations will be closed. Hammersmith and City Line services to Shepherds Bush (Met) are bound to be busier than usual, so please allow extra time for your journey.

Directions

You're going to need a good road map to get from the bottom of the M1 to the ground.

Follow the North Circular Road (A406) round to the Hanger Lane Gyratory System. Fortunately you don't have to gyrate too much to get on to the A40 towards Central London. At the point where the A40 becomes the A40(M), turn off onto the A40 towards White City/Shepherds Bush and turn right into Wood Lane, turn right into South Africa Road for the ground.

Before you park in the surrounding streets, check for signs; there are many restrictions and residents-only areas! Parking is available at the BBC Television Centre on Wood Lane but this seems to get more expensive year by year.

Pubs

The Springbok on South Africa Road was recommended by Ox Fox last season, although he suggested that you might not want to use the toilets there - any update, Ox?

London Branch go to a nice little pub some distance from the ground. I expect RS will be along soon to tell you its name and exact location, although I do remember that it's best reached from Stamford Brook underground station - or was it Ravenscourt Park?

Excellent stuff Boc:038: . Its a long while since i travelled away, but your info is very informative;) .

Any news on my tickets yet Boc?

I had an email this morning to confirm that they are being posted out. I would expect to receive them on Tuesday, I suppose.

did you guys settle on a pub yet?

KLfox & I could pop our heads in and have a Lucozade...

did you guys settle on a pub yet?

KLfox & I could pop our heads in and have a Lucozade...

See page 1, The Andover Arms is where a few of the London Branch and some of our friends from Leicester and all points East/West,etc., will be bevying before and after the game.

anyone know how many tickets have been sold? i am hoping we start to get a few away game sell outs as a result of renewed optomism from certain sections. personally i can't ****in wait for this one, after not even getting to listen to last nights game :(

Ill be there for this one:):)

block J something or other i think ,dunno where my tickets are. oh well i've plenty time to look before 6 tomorrow

LATEST NEWS:

1,400 tickets sold - about 130 left on general sale

QPR will be opening the Lower Tier - pay on the gate at £26 for adults, £16 seniors, u16 accompanied by adult £7, u16 unaccompanied £10, u8 £7. Students will pay full adult price on matchday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566