Ranieri out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right and it's blatantly Ulloa or someone to do with Ulloa who has been feeding all this stuff to the media in the last couple of days.

The funniest thing about it is that all the journo's are suddenly talking authoritatively again, as if we've all already forgotten how we exposed them for the clueless sheep they all are last season.

Ulloa needs to go though, pay him out of his contract if necessary, we can't have players doing things like this while we're in a relegation battle.

Is it blatantly Ulloa though? It could easily be the guy in midfield who has a face like a smacked arse. or it could be the forward who won't shoot from a couple of yards out for fear of scoring a goal. or it could be the defender who doesn't mark players on corners.

Alternatively, if we are to think totally outside of the old box it could be completely made up shit fabricated by the media based purely on smacked arse faced players and their pals who can't be ****ed to try. It could well be true, but it doesn't take much imagination to make up.

Ulloa has been very open about his problem with Ranieri so being a "mole" doesn't strike me as being his style.

listening to the Guardian football podcast the other week they put the blame for these stories squarely at the feet of the Schmeichel's, or as they put it "a players famous father"

I've read reports of Papa Schmeichel tweeting stuff about us so, yes, could be him I guess. That'd mean though, given the nature of the reports, that Kasper's been whining to daddy. If that's the case, then I hope Kasper keeps it to himself in future as his dad cannot be trusted to not go tattling.

But I somehow doubt it, they both know the ropes. Disagreements in the dressing room and managers issuing late team instructions is hardly new. Why, I'm sure Mr Ferguson (to give him his full title) was prone to both back when Peter was plying his trade.

It's someone attempting to stir things up for their own gain or perverse pleasure.

John Percy's contact at the club must be a senior member of the backroom staff. He always seems to know about transfers and budgets which are outside the domain of the players.

My assumption has been that he's being briefed by Shakespeare (most likely) or Stowell.

listening to the Guardian football podcast the other week they put the blame for these stories squarely at the feet of the Schmeichel's, or as they put it "a players famous father"

And this week they all confidently state they think we're going to get relegated.

Is it blatantly Ulloa though? It could easily be the guy in midfield who has a face like a smacked arse. or it could be the forward who won't shoot from a couple of yards out for fear of scoring a goal. or it could be the defender who doesn't mark players on corners.

Alternatively, if we are to think totally outside of the old box it could be completely made up shit fabricated by the media based purely on smacked arse faced players and their pals who can't be ****ed to try. It could well be true, but it doesn't take much imagination to make up.

There has been articles in the telegraph and the guardian today both with the inside scoop and some suggestions in the times as well. If it was the mirror and the sun I'd say yes, probably made up lies, but those three papers are all relatively respectable. Seems likely to me that one player or a representative of that player has gone to the media with a load of malicious gossip at some point in the last few days. So who is currently angry enough to do something like that? Given that it's happened immediately after the transfer window closed without Ulloa being sold and just a couple of days since he publicly ranted about being betrayed by Ranieri, I would make Ulloa the clear favourite.

Peter/Kasper Schmeichal is a possibility though. I can't see Kasper doing anything intentionally malicious but his dad? Maybe, he does seem to stick his nose in quite a bit.

All pure speculation of course.

All these stories as to whom the sneak might be, are really not helpful. If we have troublesome players, they should, if possible, have been sold and if not, at least kept from the first team group. Clearly something is not right and the real concern to me is that Claudio seems to be unable to change things: we all know that the usual suspects will turn out week after week. The question of the lack of real recruits in the last window becomes even more baffling too. It has the feeling of 'Dead man walking'. I am a great admirer of our owners but I do worry that they are slow to take decisive actions - either to state clear support for CR, or to remove him.

They don't do public gestures of support though, do they? And why should they? If they want to express support for Ranieri they can do it with him in private. There's absolutely no need to do it through the media. Owners who manage clubs through the media are generally shit.

So? They are performing as poorly as us at the minute. As Durham said, it's about form.

So? Seriously? They're 5th for **** sake. If you can't see a difference then football shouldn't be your thing.

There has been articles in the telegraph and the guardian today both with the inside scoop and some suggestions in the times as well. If it was the mirror and the sun I'd say yes, probably made up lies, but those three papers are all relatively respectable. Seems likely to me that one player or a representative of that player has gone to the media with a load of malicious gossip at some point in the last few days. So who is currently angry enough to do something like that? Given that it's happened immediately after the transfer window closed without Ulloa being sold and just a couple of days since he publicly ranted about being betrayed by Ranieri, I would make Ulloa the clear favourite.

Peter/Kasper Schmeichal is a possibility though. I can't see Kasper doing anything intentionally malicious but his dad? Maybe, he does seem to stick his nose in quite a bit.

All pure speculation of course.

I'm in no way having a go but I don't think any paper is actually a respectable source. They all feed on soundbites and gossip. Some write more words than others but it's largely opinion and opinions are like a hoop as the saying goes.

Our situation leads to easy storylines and back stories which are believable. I could write several pages on how Germaine of Foix is sick of being the only premier quality player at Sunderland and demands £350k a week to continue. It's totally made up but with the back story of them being shit it is totally believable. Similarly I could say Palace players are on strike at the mo due to Schlupp's wages.

Reactions: FIF
So? Seriously? They're 5th for **** sake. If you can't see a difference then football shouldn't be your thing.
It's about expectations. We are under performing based on our expectations. Do you not think they are? Based on their squad and spend do you not think they should be comeeting closer to the title?

It's about expectations. We are under performing based on our expectations. Do you not think they are? Based on their squad and spend do you not think they should be comeeting closer to the title?

No. Chelsea have Hazard and Kante in midfield and they regularly have Henderson and Can. They shouldn't be competing at all.

They don't do public gestures of support though, do they? And why should they? If they want to express support for Ranieri they can do it with him in private. There's absolutely no need to do it through the media. Owners who manage clubs through the media are generally shit.

They don't, and I wouldn't take too much notice, were they so to do. I just feel a bit as if Ranieri is being hung out to dry. Some players aren't playing for him, but get picked every week and there must be some reason why, after the speedy purchase of Ndidi, the transfer window passed without anything else of significance. Whilst Claudio has to say that he's happy with his squad, he's not stupid. I can only think that funds were not forthcoming. As the man himself said; back him, or sack him.

They don't, and I wouldn't take too much notice, were they so to do. I just feel a bit as if Ranieri is being hung out to dry. Some players aren't playing for him, but get picked every week and there must be some reason why, after the speedy purchase of Ndidi, the transfer window passed without anything else of significance. Whilst Claudio has to say that he's happy with his squad, he's not stupid. I can only think that funds were not forthcoming. As the man himself said; back him, or sack him.
I dont think players in the positions we needed cover were available.

Now is the time. I just hope the owners have the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669