Ranieri out

Status
Not open for further replies.
An excellent post up until the point where you suggest we try and dig ourselves out of this by offering these players extra financial incentive. I would rather they all **** off and we play the kids if this is the only way to get them interested.

You'd rather we go down? Footballers are whores and are best treated as such.

I reckon it is for time for Ranieri to call the owners in. Ranieri’s authority has to have been undermined by recent events so someone else is needed to lead the conversation.
It feels like it needs the owners to stand in front of the players and point out what they have done for them and what they will continue to do. To point out that they believe fully in these players and the management team and that Ranieri has their unqualified support. To point out that these performances are unacceptable and must improve now. They must offer to do anything within their power to help, support and encourage them, including whatever financial incentives that stir millionaire players. They must encourage a frank and open exchange of views to ensure that anyone that isn’t happy either gets it off their chest and moves on or moves out of the first team squad.

This team may well be extraordinary but they are in danger of seriously undermining the single most exceptional achievement of their professional lives. That bond between them and between them and us is already badly damaged. I think that it is only the owners now that can pull this mess back together.

I think Some of the players would be laughing behind their hands at these rich kids who've never played a game in their lives standing preaching in front of them. Maybe not all but certainly some of the strong personalities.

You also seem to have forgotten that players lose their abilities. Vardy, Fuchs, Huth, kasper, okazaki, ulloa are all now in their 30's and the team have more competitive games. Maybe age has taken it's toll a little.

I would rather us go down without us having increased our outgoings related to paying these chumps.

We threw money at them left right and centre, where has it gotten us?

If we gave them more money after this effort them I'm done.

I would rather us go down without us having increased our outgoings related to paying these chumps.

We threw money at them left right and centre, where has it gotten us?

If we gave them more money after this effort them I'm done.

I don't think they'll give extra money. I'm sure they already have clauses regarding survival and relegation in their contracts. I also doubt you'll stop supporting the team if they did. We've been far lower in every way over the last 50 years. We've nearly ceased to exist, we've signed and played Dennis Wise .... need I say more?

Some players aren't trying. When Musa, Shinji, Chilwell and Mendy are given a chance they try. There are players willing to try for the club, those who aren't trying are showing no respect to the club nevernind Claudio. They can get ****ed in my opinion and I can't see a change in manager solving the problem.

Let Vardy join Loose Women on loan until the summer, send Fuchs off to the states and let Drinkwater sulk at home. We're not down yet but we will be if we allow apathy to continue to be accepted.

Who's fault is this? Ranieri's. It's not all on the players, Ranieri just doesn't seem to want to drop the big names of last season even if they couldn't give two shits this......

They'd probably be a damn site more bothered after a spell of a few months watching from the bench or the stands.

Worth pointing out as well that we were in 'league winning form' before Ranieri arrived. Arguably Pearson created the band of brothers, Ranieri took over and uncharacteristically didn't change anything. For some reason, this season he has.. and it's going tits up like the vast majority of his other jobs after a good start.

Could we get Hiddink in temporarily? I fear this is a carbon copy of Chelsea last year when Mourinho lost the dressing room and things were never going to recover from there.

Who's fault is this? Ranieri's. It's not all on the players, Ranieri just doesn't seem to want to drop the big names of last season even if they couldn't give two shits this......

They'd probably be a damn site more bothered after a spell of a few months watching from the bench or the stands.
Ranieri took over and uncharacteristically didn't change anything. For some reason, this season he has.. and it's going tits up like the vast majority of his other jobs after a good start.
So what's the problem? Is he changing too much or too little? Or are you, like so many others, just looking for an easy way out of this mess?

I really doubt they would be. Ranieri has to take blame for selecting them of course, unless he doesn't have the final say in that which would not surprise me. But at the end of the day the players are supposed to try so the only blame for definite lies with them. From this seasons efforts a number of players shouldn't be given an opportunity under a new manager IMO.

Worth pointing out as well that we were in 'league winning form' before Ranieri arrived. Arguably Pearson created the band of brothers, Ranieri took over and uncharacteristically didn't change anything. For some reason, this season he has.. and it's going tits up like the vast majority of his other jobs after a good start.

Yeah he changed nowt. Just some players, the formation....

Worked well against Porto....

Nah nah nah mate, you got all wrong. The big names weren't dropped, no not at all. The reserves were just given a taste of European cup football. Kind of as a thank you. ;) See, all a matter of how you spin... sorry, present it.

Just figured it out.

We'll continue to be shit and in a relegation battle until the last 5 games then go on a miraculous run that culminates in last day survival.

We then use that as a springboard and keep momentum going into next season where we go on to win the EPL title in an unprecedented way at odds of 5000-1 again

...Or we're ****ed.

Definitely

Particularly if that shout was undertaken by a rabid raving lunatic who knew nothing whatsoever about football
He can manage me any day

I would. If we go down we go down. It's happened before and will happen again. It's part of football for a club like ours. I'd rather have a set of players I can get behind and I feel it pretty hard to do with this lot at the minute.

I'll be there cheering them on like I always do on Saturday, in the hope that doing so might make some tiny difference to our chances of winning. But I'll be doing so begrudgingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566