Ranieri Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I loved claudio, and was even going to accept relegation under him, I am shocked people are attacking the owners,

The owners have put in over 100 million of hard cash and written it off, in addition they will be the ones subsidising losses on relegation not the people slamming them.

Also even tho I loved claudio, the way this season has panned out in the league is likely unacceptable to the owners, when you achieve things then expectations get raised. So from their point of the view on the business side and expectations I can fully understand the sacking. Hopefully we get mancini.

Finally some will know I also found some decisions baffling, mainly the game time that musa got on the left wing when he is hopeless there, I find it amusing the players noticed how useless he was as well.

I do not disagree that Claudio had to go if the owners believed he could not turn it round.

It is just the manner of the dismissal. The economic value of the world wide exposure and publicity of being Champions (nobody remembers who came second) is many many times the lost value of relegation.

That does not mean he should not go. Just let the guy go with dignity in recognition of his astonishing achievement.

I do not disagree that Claudio had to go if the owners believed he could not turn it round.

It is just the manner of the dismissal. The economic value of the world wide exposure and publicity of being Champions (nobody remembers who came second) is many many times the lost value of relegation.

That does not mean he should not go. Just let the guy go with dignity in recognition of his astonishing achievement.

But what other option is there?

He either resigns - which I'm guessing he didn't want to do - or he's sacked. That's it really...

I'm upset he's gone but there's no way of letting him go with more dignity unfortunately if he didn't want to go.

Yep, as fans we all love him for that remarkable achievement and his bubbly carefree character, and I'm sure most of us still love Pearson too for his outspoken no bullshit approach to management. Both left a great mark on this football club. It's not the end of the world, I think the owner's have made the right decision again for the good of the club.

How else do you think it should be done? Tell him he's fired whilst tickling his bollocks?

Yep, as fans we all love him for that remarkable achievement and his bubbly carefree character, and I'm sure most of us still love Pearson too for his outspoken no bullshit approach to management. Both left a great mark on this football club. It's not the end of the world, I think the owner's have made the right decision again for the good of the club.
Really? Then I'm in the minority who doesn't

“Yesterday my dream died,

After the euphoria of last season and being crowned Premier League Champions all I dreamt of was staying with Leicester City, the Club I love, for always.

Sadly this was not to be.

I wish to thank my wife Rosanna and all my family for their never ending support during my time at Leicester.

My thanks go to Paolo and Andrea who accompanied me on this wonderful journey. To Steve Kutner and Franco Granello for bringing me the opportunity to become a Champion.

Mostly I have to thank Leicester City Football Club. The adventure was amazing and will live with me forever.

Thank you to all the journalists and the media who came with us and enjoyed reporting on the greatest story in football.

My heartfelt thanks to everybody at the Club, all the players, the staff, everybody who was there and was part of what we achieved.

But mostly to the supporters. You took me into your hearts from day one and loved me. I love you too. No one can ever take away what we together have achieved, and I hope you think about it and smile every day the way I always will.

It was a time of wonderfulness and happiness that I will never forget. It's been a pleasure and an honour to be a Champion with all of you."

Claudio Ranieri

I am really disappointed that more people can't see it to continue to support Ranieri even if he bought us relegation.

I would still be supporting him in the championship regardless of relegation.

Some posters have suggested two main arguments to back up his dusmissal:

1) We would be relegated with Claudio at the helm.

2) It is a business decision.

If 1 were to become a reality can people not see that we have always been a yoyo club and that due to what we achieved last season relegation wouldn't be the end of the world? When you support a club you support them through thick and thin, why can't this be applied to a manager who has delivered incredible success?

Surely relegation wouldn't finish us off financially, we must be swimming in cash?

If it were a business decision purely that has resulted in agreement in his removal then there is no point in continuing to support your club or in this case our tremendous manager.

Although of course financials are important I don't remember when THAT trophy was raised aloft everyone cheering about money, no, it was about all the pain we had all endured over previous seasons being released in one moment of pure indescribable unadulterated joy. All those people who claim that this success was down to Pearson are deluded.

We as a club have sold our principles down the river in sacking Claudio - when he needed our support most we ran for the fire exit.

I am disgusted our owners issued the vote of confidence about three weeks ago and then go and do this.

This has appallinglingly tainted the image of LCFC and its players. We should have done things differently and done the right thing - we haven't and I find how we have treated one of the most dignified managers I have ever come across - as unforgivable.

Thank you Claudio - you deserved better.

From the BBC:
"The adventure was amazing and will live with me forever. My heartfelt thanks to everybody at the club, everybody who was part of what we achieved, but mostly to the supporters.

"You took me into your hearts from day one and loved me. I love you too."

If he carries on like this I will cry again. Surely there was a more dignified way of releasing Claudio from his duties?

I admit, I just shed a few tears.

I'm going to miss him, I really am sad that it has all come to an end, I was drinking beers with my mates in Seville because of this bloke.

****ing love you Claudio, a genuine love brought about by football and I will never ever forget this short but beautiful relationship between you and us.

Long live the King, King Claudio

Are you a ****ing idiot or what? I shared it because I thought it was hilarious... It's damned obviously fake! Either that or he's been rehired by Roma before he's even had chance to set foot back on terra firma in Italy.

Why is it hilarious?

I like to think of Leicester City as my club. Built on a tradition with loyalty and togetherness at its heart. Unfortunately the reality is different. Football is an ugly beast driven by greed and money. This is just one example of that.

I am really disappointed that more people can't see it to continue to support Ranieri even if he bought us relegation.

I would still be supporting him in the championship regardless of relegation.

Some posters have suggested two main arguments to back up his dusmissal:

1) We would be relegated with Claudio at the helm.

2) It is a business decision.

If 1 were to become a reality can people not see that we have always been a yoyo club and that due to what we achieved last season relegation wouldn't be the end of the world? When you support a club you support them through thick and thin, why can't this be applied to a manager who has delivered incredible success?

Surely relegation wouldn't finish us off financially, we must be swimming in cash?

If it were a business decision purely that has resulted in agreement in his removal then there is no point in continuing to support your club or in this case our tremendous manager.

Although of course financials are important I don't remember when THAT trophy was raised aloft everyone cheering about money, no, it was about all the pain we had all endured over previous seasons being released in one moment of pure indescribable unadulterated joy. All those people who claim that this success was down to Pearson are deluded.

We as a club have sold our principles down the river in sacking Claudio - when he needed our support most we ran for the fire exit.

I am disgusted our owners issued the vote of confidence about three weeks ago and then go and do this.

This has appallinglingly tainted the image of LCFC and its players. We should have done things differently and done the right thing - we haven't and I find how we have treated one of the most dignified managers I have ever come across - as unforgivable.

Thank you Claudio - you deserved better.

If we get relegated (which we 100% would without a change), we'll be stuck with all these useless duffers on fat contracts with no takers. Can I remind you what happened to Portsmouth?

So you'd support him in the championship, fair enough. But what about league one and then league two? Would you still be happy with him as manager then?

The fact is that over the past 2 or 3 months, we have played the worst football I have seen in the 22 years that I have been supporting this club. I'm very sad to see him go, and he's by far the greatest manager we ever had with what he achieved, yet for me it was still the correct decision.

Whether it was the players fault, or the managers, or both...it matters very little. Only one thing can change and unfortunately that's the manager. As unfair as that is.

More class in his little finger than the whole collection of vile bastard players, rotten dishonourable owners, and many blinkered forgetful fans put together

Agreed.

fans pfft.

If we get relegated (which we 100% would without a change), we'll be stuck with all these useless duffers on fat contracts with no takers. Can I remind you what happened to Portsmouth?

So you'd support him in the championship, fair enough. But what about league one and then league two? Would you still be happy with him as manager then?

The fact is that over the past 2 or 3 months, we have played the worst football I have seen in the 22 years that I have been supporting this club. I'm very sad to see him go, and he's by far the greatest manager we ever had with what he achieved, yet for me it was still the correct decision.

That's simply bollocks. You have no idea whether we would have or not. He hasn't even had us in a relegation spot all season.

And then you know we'd be going down to league 2.

I know you're a Leicester fan but that is some crazy, pessimistic, made up stuff.

That's simply bollocks. You have no idea whether we would have or not. He hasn't even had us in a relegation spot all season.

I'm assuming you have barely watched us play over the past couple of months? We'll be in a relegation spot this weekend.

I'm more convinced we'd go down without some sort of a change, than I was when we were 7 points adrift in the great escape season. At least we showed some positive signs back then.

And then you know we'd be going down to league 2.

Did I say we definitely would? I was talking hypothetically. Look it up in a dictionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566