Ranieri Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it had to be done, it is such a same but the right decision. I just have this feeling now that the players will want to make amends for this and we'll see a better performance against Liverpool. Sometimes this sort of shock therapy type action is the only thing you can do. Even the most pro Ranieri fan has to admit there are reasons that justify the sacking, poor performances, poor poor results even for a team that is only expecting to avoid relegation. Lots of money squandered on players that haven't seemingly improved the squad. He's even changed himself with some baffling selection and formation issues and resumed his role of 'the tinkerman' that he really needs to leave in the past as it always winds up with the same end result..

The whole Ranieri thing is bonkers. What it shows is Leicester City, in common with most Premier League clubs, is not a well run operation.
Owners fly in, talk to a few players, panic, fire manager...
Not the way to produce a high performing culture.

The whole Ranieri thing is bonkers. What it shows is Leicester City, in common with most Premier League clubs, is not a well run operation.
Owners fly in, talk to a few players, panic, fire manager...
Not the way to produce a high performing culture.

Produced one last season didn't it...?

I hope the fans sing only his name for the whole match against Liverpool, even when we score our 5th.
I don't.

I wish Ranieri all the best but the focus of the fans has to be now, as it always should be, on the club.

I don't.

I wish Ranieri all the best but the focus of the fans has to be now, as it always should be, on the club.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Having said that, if we go a couple down before half-time I don't think you'll hear a lot of supporting as the players walk off.

Realised I'm already missing his press conferences. He actually made them worth listening to.

Loads of stories about player power being a huge part in this. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Benetti was our assistant manager?! What's Shakespeares role?

Assistant Manager and First Team Coach Paolo Benetti and First Team Sport Science and Conditioning Coach Andrea Azzalin.
I think you are way wide of the mark there

Yes he has to step down as Manager, although he always claimed he was just the Coach - others dealt with finding and hiring players.

They could have made him a Life President of the Club. They could have made him a Super Birch. They could have asked him to travel the world, part time, as an ambassador to promote the honour and 'family' values of our club, as espoused by the owners to us many times over the last few years, as the right way to run a football club, whilst being financially prudent.

They could have recognised how much good wishes he brought to the club by his gracious and good-natured handling of the media irrespective of what had happened on the pitch in any particular match.

They could have treated the guy with some dignity instead of, possibly, just asking John Rudkin to tell him he was fired in an airport arrivals hall, after a result much better than most had expected!

They were not sacking Mark McGhee, Peter Taylor, Dave Bassett, Martin Allen, Gary Megson or Ian Holloway.

They were sacking The Claudio Ranieri, possibly the greatest manager this club will ever have in terms of achievement, his deportment and social and professional skills. The guy is special. He does not deserve to be treated the same as the list of wasters above.
Could not have said it better !!!!

I'm assuming you have barely watched us play over the past couple of months? We'll be in a relegation spot this weekend.

I'm more convinced we'd go down without some sort of a change, than I was when we were 7 points adrift in the great escape season. At least we showed some positive signs back then.
The difference is thete are 4/5 teams worse than us year

.. and City Fan was obviously not at Portman Road on the 18th August 2002 when we got tonked 1-6 by The Tractor Boys!

I was. It wasn't a bad performance.

We had five players injured in the first half, so had to play the whole of the second half with effectively nine players (two injured players stayed on but couldn't do much).

It was 1-1 at half time and we'd played well, but as we tired they scored some late goals to make the score much worse than we deserved.

I was there too and Ipswich basically just kicked the shit out of us in the first 20 minutes and the referee did little to stop them. I remember we had a young striker playing for us who only seemed about four foot tall. I think he left the club after that season.

I was there too and Ipswich basically just kicked the shit out of us in the first 20 minutes and the referee did little to stop them. I remember we had a young striker playing for us who only seemed about four foot tall. I think he left the club after that season.
Ian Ormondroyd?

I take that as a show of support. I hope so.

I think the papers saying Kasper is one of the players that went to the board behind Ranieris back is bollocks.

I think Kasper is a real pro. His apparent 'outburst' after the Utd game had nothing against Ranieri. Unless people are looking for something with very hindsight tinted glasses.

I think Kasper would've been telling the rest to get their asses in gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669