Ranieri Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take that as a show of support. I hope so.

I think the papers saying Kasper is one of the players that went to the board behind Ranieris back is bollocks.

I think Kasper is a real pro. His apparent 'outburst' after the Utd game had nothing against Ranieri. Unless people are looking for something with very hindsight tinted glasses.

I think Kasper would've been telling the rest to get their asses in gear.

I took his outburst to be an attack on the ****s. Could be wrong. He's either a proper sly little snake or he's not one of the little slithery ****s. Some are more obvious than others unfortunately. Hiss them out on Monday!

I fear a very hostile home "support" on monday. People choose to believe what fits their own view on things and the comments on Kasper's Instagram post reflects that. Fact is very few, if any, of us will ever know what has been going on behind the scenes. Hence, I decline to comment in favour or against the actions of the owners. Doesn't stop me from being utterly utterly sad and gutted though.

Hands up for me. In the absence of anything but speculation as to who the troublemakers were I'd assumed that Kasper was among them. That picture would suggest that I was wrong about him. Fair enough. He can get a cheer from me on Monday.

I listened to his statement on Talk Sport as I drove home from work tonight and it literally moved me to tears.

My wife is so incensed by this she is talking about writing a strongly worded letter to the chairman (and she's no football fan).

We will never see his like at our club again. Class, pure class. Thank you Claudio and a big **** You to those who brought this about.

It's strange isn't it. A couple of people have said about writing letters and I strangely had the same urge myself earlier on.

I was thinking I wish I had a way to contact Claudio and write him a letter to thank him for all he's done for us and tell him how sorry I am to see this happen.

I feel a genuine loss from him going. Which is a bit silly really. But I genuinely feel very sad about it.

It's strange isn't it. A couple of people have said about writing letters and I strangely had the same urge myself earlier on.

I was thinking I wish I had a way to contact Claudio and write him a letter to thank him for all he's done for us and tell him how sorry I am to see this happen.

I feel a genuine loss from him going. Which is a bit silly really. But I genuinely feel very sad about it.

Exactly the same here

Whilst I understand the emotive responses, I think that the level of abuse towards players is massively out of proportion.

Everyone fecked up this season, including owners, management, players and fans. Loads got carried away, failed to prepare properly, overestimated themselves and underestimated this season.

Ranieri failed this season, just as he has at multiple clubs and with multiple players before. He's made some catastrophic decisions that bewildered most of us, let alone if you were in the changing room.

He was magnificent for one season. He failed to maintain his or his charges momentum. I wish it was different but if you're told to do things that don't make sense and all you get is 'fight' when your confidence slumps, it's not good enough.

I don't care what the wider community think, we know that we were doomed with the status quo. So did the players and owners.

The right decision has been made. We have far too good a squad to go down in the style we were doing.

One day, Ranieri will visit the KP and be rightly given an exceptional reception and much love. He will always be a hero but he is no longer the right man for the job.

I'm going to sound like a right over sentimental old idiot here but the reason we feel like this is because football is about more than just the football. In fact football is often the least important thing about it.

The things I miss in the summer are the walk to the ground along the canal, watching the seasons change week by week. The friendships with people in the stadium whose names I'll never know, despite sitting with them for years. The smell of beer and fried onions. The first sight of the green of the pitch on a Saturday afternoon. The driving rain against floodlights in the freezing midwinter. They all add up to make the experience of watching your team what it is, and those things are constants, whatever happens on the pitch.

More than anything, whatever the financial and business implications for rich men who like to own football clubs as baubles or advertising vehicles, a football club is about a place and a community. For me it's my last real link with a city I left behind more than a decade ago. It's what's left of my relationship with the place of my birth and formative years and with the people, places and childhood memories I consider to be mine.

When I watch Leicester City play I'm watching people represent my city, my memories, my community. That matters to me far more than any result, promotion or relegation. I don't expect us to be good. But I expect us to try and to behave well. Claudio behaved well. That, as much as the title win, was a wonderful reflection of our city and of all of us associated with it. It made me proud. Yesterday, and from what we hear for some months now, people associated with our club did not behave well. It hurts because that is also a reflection on us and that's important. More so than millionaires kicking a bag of wind about can ever be.

I'm going to sound like a right over sentimental old idiot here but the reason we feel like this is because football is about more than just the football. In fact football is often the least important thing about it.

The things I miss in the summer are the walk to the ground along the canal, watching the seasons change week by week. The friendships with people in the stadium whose names I'll never know, despite sitting with them for years. The smell of beer and fried onions. The first sight of the green of the pitch on a Saturday afternoon. The driving rain against floodlights in the freezing midwinter. They all add up to make the experience of watching your team what it is, and those things are constants, whatever happens on the pitch.

More than anything, whatever the financial and business implications for rich men who like to own football clubs as baubles or advertising vehicles, a football club is about a place and a community. For me it's my last, cherished link with a city I left behind more than a decade ago. It's what's left of my relationship with the place of my birth and formative years and with the people, places and childhood memories I consider to be mine.

When I watch Leicester City play I'm watching people represent my city, my memories, my community. That matters to me far more than any result, promotion or relegation. I don't expect us to be good. But I expect us to try and to behave well. Claudio behaved well. That, as much as the title win, was a wonderful reflection of our city and of all of us associated with it. It made me proud. Yesterday, and from what we hear for some months now, people associated with our club did not behave well. It hurts because that is also a reflection on us and that's important. More so than millionaires kicking a bag of wind is.
Perfect.

Lovely stuff, Lee

Some people get it - football, that is

Some people don't, and they never will

More than anything, whatever the financial and business implications for rich men who like to own football clubs as baubles or advertising vehicles, a football club is about a place and a community. For me it's my last real link with a city I left behind more than a decade ago. It's what's left of my relationship with the place of my birth and formative years and with the people, places and childhood memories I consider to be mine.

When I watch Leicester City play I'm watching people represent my city, my memories, my community. That matters to me far more than any result, promotion or relegation. I don't expect us to be good. But I expect us to try and to behave well. Claudio behaved well. That, as much as the title win, was a wonderful reflection of our city and of all of us associated with it. It made me proud. Yesterday, and from what we hear for some months now, people associated with our club did not behave well. It hurts because that is also a reflection on us and that's important. More so than millionaires kicking a bag of wind about can ever be.

Brilliant post.

LeeCovFox put it beautifully.

Most seasons, there is pure joy in some simple aspect of watching the game. For me, it's often something like going to a night game against a traditional rival - just as the Derby replay was this season.

Last season was something purely magical. Something that we were privileged to see - a team that never should have been able to do what it did, and still did it exceptionally well, and it was our team. People around the world recognised how exceptional it was but they weren't there, and we were.

It was always going to turn to dust. We all knew that. Unless seriously big money was going to be spent - and it wasn't, really. And that's fine, too, given our history.

But sacking Ranieri has really tarnished aspects of that memory. At the Everton game, I thought the owners and their lackeys were a bit twattish for grabbing the trophy and parading around the pitch with it. Now I just think they are ****s.

****ing beautiful stuff xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670