Ranieri's Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did a brilliant job for us in league one and the championship, no doubt about that. But it think it's fair to say he found the step up tactically in the premier league difficult to get to grips with. He did eventually stumble on a formation that worked, but that was more a case of him trying absolutely everything until something finally worked rather than him being able to figure out what was wrong and come up with a bespoke solution. I also think we got lucky with the fixtures in the run in that year because the majority of those games were against mid table teams with nothing left to play for.

That isn't negativity towards Pearson, it's just a rational assessment of his tenure. He didn't do enough to earn himself another shot with a premier league club, the evidence of that is the fact that no other premier league club has given him another shot.

He stumbled upon a formation?
Lucky With fixtures?

That's all a load of tosh.

Lestah fans are never happy.

Pearson orchestrates the Great Escape (and I realise we were shit for most of the season but still it was a monumental escape), yet Cambiasso and Steve Walsh are the real people who made the difference. Pearson was simply lucky.

Ranieri wins the Premier League. But this was because he was riding a wave and didn't change too much of a team on a high from the previous season.

No. This is all BS.

Pearson got us up and kept us up. He was the manager. He picked the team. He did the tactics. He deserves the credit.

Ranieri managed last season. Same with him. He managed, he did the tactics, he realised to keep a team that was doing well consistently. He deserves the credit (and NP deserves some also)

NP is a lot of things, and one of them, is being a successful football manager. He certainly would not be the worst appointment. Although I'd personally like someone else because next season I'd want somebody with more experience of managing in the PL to be in charge.

The manager is the ultimate ambassador of any club.

Let's get the Birch in as manager then, he's a nice bloke.

I'd rather a manager who gets results over a manager who fans of other clubs love. Thankfully, the owners seem to share this view.

The team spirit ended up being harmful? Didn't it end up winning the Premier League?

I was being sarcastic. I was making reference to BN's bizarre and quite frankly ridiculous post a couple of pages back:

"8. He built the structure which created the 'player power' that most of us now want to see ended."

I was being sarcastic. I was making reference to BN's bizarre and quite frankly ridiculous post a couple of pages back:

"8. He built the structure which created the 'player power' that most of us now want to see ended."

Pardon my ignorance. It's been an emotional week!!!

I know it doesn't mean anything (especially seeing as Preki was strong favourite last time), but Pearson is now strong favourite at 5/2 and his odds are constantly shortening.

Second favourite is Roy Hodgson at 9/1. Let's get him in, he seems a nice guy. Loses to Iceland but that doesn't matter.

I know it doesn't mean anything (especially seeing as Preki was strong favourite last time), but Pearson is now strong favourite at 5/2 and his odds are constantly shortening.

Second favourite is Roy Hodgson at 9/1. Let's get him in, he seems a nice guy. Loses to Iceland but that doesn't matter.

Hodgson doesn't seem to like/rate Vardy. He'll not even be on the players' shortlist so no need to worry.

Edit - Sulky also isn't rated by him.

He stumbled upon a formation?
Lucky With fixtures?

That's all a load of tosh.

Lestah fans are never happy.

Pearson orchestrates the Great Escape (and I realise we were shit for most of the season but still it was a monumental escape), yet Cambiasso and Steve Walsh are the real people who made the difference. Pearson was simply lucky.

Ranieri wins the Premier League. But this was because he was riding a wave and didn't change too much of a team on a high from the previous season.

No. This is all BS.

Pearson got us up and kept us up. He was the manager. He picked the team. He did the tactics. He deserves the credit.

Ranieri managed last season. Same with him. He managed, he did the tactics, he realised to keep a team that was doing well consistently. He deserves the credit (and NP deserves some also)

NP is a lot of things, and one of them, is being a successful football manager. He certainly would not be the worst appointment. Although I'd personally like someone else because next season I'd want somebody with more experience of managing in the PL to be in charge.

Well he did stumble across that formation. We went through the season playing a different formation every few games until eventually he found one that worked and then he stuck with it. If you want to be generous then you can call it 'trial and error' if you like. Fact is if Pearson knew that formation was going to work as well as it did he'd have done it a lot sooner.

And we were lucky with fixtures. You get some easy games against mid table opposition towards the end of the season. We had several of them at the perfect time.

I'm not saying it was all luck, but he did get a big slice of it.

I didn't mention Walsh but obviously he played a massive part in putting together the title winning team that Pearson just about survived with.

I'd be happy with Hodgson. Crap for England but did very well with both Fulham and West Brom which, surely, is more relevant experience.

He also isn't a raging arsehole.

6/4 now!

I'd be happy with Hodgson. Crap for England but did very well with both Fulham and West Brom which, surely, is more relevant experience.

He also isn't a raging arsehole.

Hahahahahaha.

Please tell me you're trolling?

Hahahahahaha.

Please tell me you're trolling?

Pearson did a good job for us. Twice. He would stand a decent chance of keeping us up in the short term, but he is NOT the long term answer, as evidenced by the way he has left his last two roles. He is volatile and ultimately his own worst enemy. He may also be a busted flush without Walsh.

And Hodgson has objectively been successful at clubs of our size. I hate the bloke, but he's as likely a candidate as anyone else.

That said, I think we're ****ed whoever steps in. Buddha himself couldn't keep these boys up.

??

I'm repeating what was stated in the press. If you know otherwise why don't you just tell us?

Please feel free to post the articles where it's states NP punched Mel Morris. Or have you just made it up?

Please feel free to post the articles where it's states NP punched Mel Morris. Or have you just made it up?

Tbh, I read it somewhere too though can't remember where. It may not have been from a reliable source, or it may have been reported as a rumour but whatever the case, I've certainly read it before.

It could of course be total blox but it's not as if it's you'd dismiss it outright as totally out of character.

Tbh, I read it somewhere too though can't remember where. It may not have been from a reliable source, or it may have been reported as a rumour but whatever the case, I've certainly read it before.

It could of course be total blox but it's not as if it's you'd dismiss it outright as totally out of character.

I once read that Levi Porter did a big steaming dump on Mandaric's car bonnet.

Well he did stumble across that formation. We went through the season playing a different formation every few games until eventually he found one that worked and then he stuck with it. If you want to be generous then you can call it 'trial and error' if you like. Fact is if Pearson knew that formation was going to work as well as it did he'd have done it a lot sooner.

And we were lucky with fixtures. You get some easy games against mid table opposition towards the end of the season. We had several of them at the perfect time.

I'm not saying it was all luck, but he did get a big slice of it.

I didn't mention Walsh but obviously he played a massive part in putting together the title winning team that Pearson just about survived with.

And one that Ranieri managed to steer back to relegation trouble, Pearson is a decent manager who will do a good job for us, there is no way he would have achieved what Ranieri did last season, but I doubt any manager would have done that. For me he is the best realistic long term option for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669