Ranieri's Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, I read it somewhere too though can't remember where. It may not have been from a reliable source, or it may have been reported as a rumour but whatever the case, I've certainly read it before.

It could of course be total blox but it's not as if it's you'd dismiss it outright as totally out of character.

I once read that Levi Porter did a big steaming dump on Mandaric's car bonnet.

Did you believe it?

How does someone's belief in the statement make it any more or less valid. Absolutely no evidence that NP punched anyone and yet because someone has read totally made up nonsense on Twitter it's posted on here as fact.

How does someone's belief in the statement make it any more or less valid. Absolutely no evidence that NP punched anyone and yet because someone has read totally made up nonsense on Twitter it's posted on here as fact.

For what reason do you think he was suspended and subsequently sacked then?

How does someone's belief in the statement make it any more or less valid.

That could be a question from a philosophy paper!

Why do we decide to believe that which we do? You assert that there is "absolutely no evidence". Do we just trust your assertion? Or can you show us to us that there is no evidence?

But to less abstract matters. Did NP punch someone? I have no idea... but I wouldn't rule it out. And I certainly saw it written that he had, which was the question I was responding to. :)

People seem to have a problem distinguishing between "evidence" and "proof". There is evidence, anecdotal evidence made available to the press, that Pearson was involved in an altercation with the Derby County owner. Just as there is evidence that some of our players acted in such a way which did for Claudio.

The evidence may be weak in both cases. It certainly isn't proof of anything. But it is all that people have to go on. People will make up their minds on the basis of what they know to have been claimed or leaked by interested parties. They can be wrong in their judgement. But we all make decisions or form opinions on such evidence every day.

I don't give a shit what he did at Derby, his ridiculous and volatile behavior when he was here is enough for me.

Still amazed people want us to go back to this. Utterly incomprehensible that we win the English title and go back to Nigel 'Ostrich' Pearson.

To be honest, all the Pearson chat just reminds me of Forest fans forever wanting Billy back. That may be a bit unfair and not the best comparison, but it's how it feels to me.

I don't give a shit what he did at Derby, his ridiculous and volatile behavior when he was here is enough for me.

His behaviour didn't bother me at all. I go to watch Leicester City play, not to watch Pearson on the touchline or in a press conference.

Especially as most of his behaviour was purposely "volatile" to deflect pressure from the players.

Pearson did a good job for us. More than good, in fact. He isn't my first choice but I don't think he would be a bad choice. My preferences based on playing style would be Monk or Wagner. But for them to work we'd need a short term manager for the rest of the season then give them the opportunity to rebuild. Our squad - defenders particularly - wouldn't hack the whole team pressing style preferred by those two and we'd be badly exposed in the immediate term.

Based on our current squad my favourite would be Roy Hodgson. He has managed three top ten finishes and a European final in the last decade with two clubs no bigger or better resourced than us. His organised, rigid style wouldn't always be easy on the eye but our players wouldn't be able to argue that they are unsure what is being asked of them. He is also a nice man in the Ranieri mould. I'll be very surprised if our owners aren't attracted to a man with his record, profile and personality type.

Yes, he was an awful England manager. Should never have given the job in an arena at which the top nations approach games in a manner too sophisticated ror his preferred tactical approach. Nor was he ever likely to be a success with players whose own expectations of tactical approach are more modern and more effective than that which Hodgson would ever be willing, or able, to implement. But as a manager of a middling top flight club? His recent record suggests we could do a hell of a lot worse.

I personally think Pearson would be a sound choice. Hopefully he's realised he was too stubborn for his own good but maybe the owner's have another plan in mind...

Pearson did a good job for us. More than good, in fact. He isn't my first choice but I don't think he would be a bad choice. My preferences based on playing style would be Monk or Wagner. But for them to work we'd need a short term manager for the rest of the season then give them the opportunity to rebuild. Our squad - defenders particularly - wouldn't hack the whole team pressing style preferred by those two and we'd be badly exposed in the immediate term.

Based on our current squad my favourite would be Roy Hodgson. He has managed three top ten finishes and a European final in the last decade with two clubs no bigger or better resourced than us. His organised, rigid style wouldn't always be easy on the eye but our players wouldn't be able to argue that they are unsure what is being asked of them. He is also a nice man in the Ranieri mould. I'll be very surprised if our owners aren't attracted to a man with his record, profile and personality type.

Yes, he was an awful England manager. Should never have given the job in an arena at which the top nations approach games in a manner too sophisticated ror his preferred tactical approach. Nor was he ever likely to be a success with players whose own expectations of tactical approach are more modern and more effective than that which Hodgson would ever be willing, or able, to implement. But as a manager of a middling top flight club? His recent record suggests we could do a hell of a lot worse.

How did Hodgson do at Liverpool?

If we're looking for someone to get a tune out of the current players until the end of the season then NFP isn't a bad shout. Beyond that I don't see it as step forward.

How did Hodgson do at Liverpool?

You know the answer to that question.

The job he'd be asked to do here would be nothing like that which he was tasked at Liverpool. If he could finish 7th, 12th (as he did at Fulham), 8th or 10th (as he did with West Brom) I would think most of us would be delighted.

If we're looking for someone to get a tune out of the current players until the end of the season then NFP isn't a bad shout. Beyond that I don't see it as step forward.

I agree. I don't think Pearson is the long term, but I don't think we could get someone like Wagner until the close season.

Given that it would be mutually beneficial for him to pick up the team until the end of the season, and I believe we would be safe, I would go with him.

To be honest, all the Pearson chat just reminds me of Forest fans forever wanting Billy back. That may be a bit unfair and not the best comparison, but it's how it feels to me.

I thought they wanted Brian clough back.

I was a big Pearson fan during both his tenures here and think he did a great job in laying a platform for success - which paid off big time with Claudio's increased tactical awareness last season.

But, he's been sacked here twice. Going back for a third spell would be an embarrassment for him and the club and is doomed to fail, even if he did manage to keep us up this year.

He's a volatile character (to say the least) and working with owners who he would clearly have no great love for is a bomb waiting to go off that could have far worse consequences

11/10 Pearson...11/4 Woy...7/2 Hiddink

Everyone else you can get 12/1 or bigger.

Jesus Wept.

I'm crossing my fingers & hoping it'll be a totally unexpected & so far unmentioned name. As CR was.

Otherwise we're probably ****ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670