Ranieri's Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wanted the perfect summation of just how royally we've ****ed up the greatest opportunity in the club's history, that list of candidates for the job of managing the PL champions is pretty much it. Has beens & failures. It's as if I fell asleep in 2015 & had a weird dream.
None of us actually know who the list of candidates are.

I neither wrote nor implied it.

He got sacked, he had been acting strange, his son was in a video - things like these are facts. What happens every time the man's name is raised is a deluge of hyperbollock fiction like somebody else engineering the great escape on his behalf. Those aren't facts, there's no evidence for it.

A couple of days ago someone was calling him racist. This is the man who booted Wayne Brown unceremoniously out of the squad and is not on record as making one racist comment.

Nobody knows what he actually did to warrant dismissal and I agree he probably had it coming. Nor am I wanting him to return, he's a busted flush.

Fair enough.

I wonder how many of the people lamenting our loss of the greatest manager, ever and the dross on offer to follow him, were as enthusiastic when Claudio became City manager. I know that Gary Lineker wasn't the only one to be underwhelmed.

I thought that Ranieri's appointment would either be a really good one or a total disaster. It wasn't going to be 'meh'.

Turns out both extremes happened, just in different seasons.

None of us actually know who the list of candidates are.

The list available via the bookies. I said in an earlier post that I hoped the actual appointment would be someone who isn't on the list. I still hope so as only Hiddink inspires any hope for me from the odds list. & he probably won't come.

Some can't understand the negatives towards NP.
Personally, I can't understand all the positivity towards NP.
He was good in League 1, he was good in the championship, but the premier league? Nah!

And that's why we have few English managers in the premier league. Have a great first season or **** off and don't ever get another chance.

I was a big Pearson fan during both his tenures...

But, he's been sacked here twice.

He was sacked once and walked out once

Very interesting that Shakey made reference to it being one game remit, perhaps the new manager is already in place for Hull.

Give it to Shakey till the end of the season, and then reassess.

I hope the owners don't jump to choosing Shakespeare. He may be the man for the job but last night is certainly not going to be representative of games. Don't forget he's been here all season too.

I hope the owners don't jump to choosing Shakespeare. He may be the man for the job but last night is certainly not going to be representative of games. Don't forget he's been here all season too.

Bit early to judge. Last night may have been down to spirits lifted with Claudio getting the sack but it could be they will try for Shakey. Unless we can get someone decent he could be the answer until the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669