Ranieri's Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One swallow does not a summer make. Let's see where we are after a couple more games.

Bit early to judge. Last night may have been down to spirits lifted with Claudio getting the sack but it could be they will try for Shakey. Unless we can get someone decent he could be the answer until the summer.

I agree. Just don't jump to giving it to him permanently. A loss to Hull at home and we'll be back to feeling as though survival will be difficult. If there is a class manager/coach out there willing to take on the job now I'd strongly consider it.

Shakespeare has the distinct advantage of seeing the players day-in day-out under both NP and Ranieri. If there's anyone to identify what caused the change in player's attitudes, confidence and motivation, and more importantly redress it, then it's him. My inclination would be to stick with him until the summer.

That said, he did say his remit was one match so maybe that means there's already someone in the wings.

Shakespeare has the distinct advantage of seeing the players day-in day-out under both NP and Ranieri. If there's anyone to identify what caused the change in player's attitudes, confidence and motivation, and more importantly redress it, then it's him. My inclination would be to stick with him until the summer.

That said, he did say his remit was one match so maybe that means there's already someone in the wings.

He needs to beat Hull to be in the discussion for me. A loss to Hull and he may as well pack his bags.

Last night was down to so much more than the man in charge.

The acid test is Hull at the weekend, let's see if they can lift their fickle arses for that one.

Mark McGhee is now available sacked this morning at Motherwell

Last night reminded me of when Allan Evans took charge for a game against Arsenal after Little's departure. We won that night too.

The difference was that after the game, Shakespeare spoke up for his players and made it clear that he wanted the job. Evans acted like a snake that couldn't wait to get away.

I've been critical of Shakespeare's coaching skills in the past but last night I was mightily relieved that he was there.

Unless performances nose-dive, we'd be mad to mess with the current set up. The much heralded McGhee came in after Evans followed Little out the door and we went down. If we bring in someone new, it's more of a gamble than doing nothing.

It seems that the players are with Mr Shakespeare. The way Vardey referred to him as 'Shakes' makes me think that there is a healthy understanding between him and the players. Of course, I may be totally wrong.

Mr Shakespeare is like Mr Pearson was, been there a long time and knows whats' what.

Last night reminded me of when Allan Evans took charge for a game against Arsenal after Little's departure. We won that night too.

The difference was that after the game, Shakespeare spoke up for his players and made it clear that he wanted the job. Evans acted like a snake that couldn't wait to get away.

I've been critical of Shakespeare's coaching skills in the past but last night I was mightily relieved that he was there.

Unless performances nose-dive, we'd be mad to mess with the current set up. The much heralded McGhee came in after Evans followed Little out the door and we went down. If we bring in someone new, it's more of a gamble than doing nothing.

How can they nosedive from our current mess or are you taking last night as the current norm?

It seems that the players are with Mr Shakespeare. The way Vardey referred to him as 'Shakes' makes me think that there is a healthy understanding between him and the players. Of course, I may be totally wrong.

Mr Shakespeare is like Mr Pearson was, been there a long time and knows whats' what.

Apparently they were all with CR. Don't you think that "shakes" makes them sound like peers? Is that the best relationship in a manager - player setup? Could it make it difficult when things are not going as swimmingly as after last night's game? Those are serious questions, I'm open-minded to the answers.

Apparently they were all with CR. Don't you think that "shakes" makes them sound like peers? Is that the best relationship in a manager - player setup? Could it make it difficult when things are not going as swimmingly as after last night's game? Those are serious questions, I'm open-minded to the answers.

I know what you are trying to say but if Vardy had called him 'boss' instead, that would really have been taken very badly.

Another good performance against Hull and it's Shakey's until the end of the season. The rest of the season would then be his job interview for the permanent position.

I am happy now for us to keep shakespeare for rest of season, as he agrees with me.

drop musa - he did
get ulloa back on side - he did
play attacking agressive football early in matches to give us a lead to defend and makes the defense not under continous battle.

Also the players seem happy enough to play for him.

I've just voted the wrong sodding way on a Mercury poll. I thought the question was 'do you want NP back?' It wasn't. Sorry Shakey, I meant to vote for you.

I've just voted the wrong sodding way on a Mercury poll. I thought the question was 'do you want NP back?' It wasn't. Sorry Shakey, I meant to vote for you.

Our coach:

sjp_ech_121213master-011326JPG.jpg

Get that sport psychologist back. Why you'd change any part of a backroom team that won the league is completely baffling to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669