Ranieri's Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth are the odds on Hodgson taking over shortening so fast? Scary shit that.

Although, if it's a ruse via the owners to scare the players into playing for Shakespeare like their lives depend on it, it's not so daft.

Why on earth are the odds on Hodgson taking over shortening so fast?

Because of this, probably: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Hodgson-Leicester-City-talks-new-manager.html

Former England manager Roy Hodgson has held secret talks about the Leicester City job.

It is understood that Hodgson, architect of England's dismal Euro 2016 campaign, met representatives of the Premier League champions in south-west London last Friday.

Hodgson is strongly fancied for the job as Claudio Ranieri's successor in the long term by Leicester owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. The club's Thai owner believes he needs somebody with experience to take Leicester forwards after this season's disastrous title defence.

Hodgson, 70 in August, is keen to return to management but is not yet completely sold on the Leicester idea.

It remains likely that interim manager Craig Shakespeare will continue at the helm in the short-term after guiding Leicester to an emphatic 3-1 win over Liverpool at the King Power Stadium on Monday night.

Shakespeare is expected to be in charge when Leicester host Hull City in the Premier League on Saturday and then try to overturn a 2-1 first leg deficit against Sevilla in the last 16 of the Champions League on March 14.

If things go well under Ranieri's former assistant then he could well be asked to see out the season. Indeed senior figures at the club such as football director Jon Rudkin would like to see him get the job permanently.

However, Hodgson is very much at the centre of Srivaddhanaprabha's thoughts and it is anticipated that further talks will take place between the club and the former Liverpool and Fulham boss over the coming days and weeks.

Hodgson, no thanks!

If Shakey does well in the Hull and Sevilla games it will be very hard to argue with him keeping the job until the end of the season.

It's a tricky one - I don't think Shakespeare would be a good long term solution, but he seems integral at the club and with the players so you'd hope someone new keeps him on - but that itself can cause issues

Hodgson!! for Gods sake, he couldn't pick a decent team when he had the choice of the countries top players. Vardy on the wing again no thanks.

We would definitely be a laughing stock if we appointed Hodgson.

I really don't see the problem with Hodgson. I accept that he isn't suited to managing teams with ambitions to contend for honours but with middling sides he does very well. He finished 7th and 12th with Fulham, and led them to a Europa League final. He went on to finish 10th and 8th with Ŵest Brom. He can organise limited teams and never have them in danger of relegation.

If we aren't going to rip things up tactically and approach a Wagner or a Monk I can't think of a better man to lead us to established top flight status. Okay, the football wouldn't be thrilling but then I only remember being thrilled (talking purely stylistically) by Sven's run to the edge of the play off places, early 12/13 under Pearson, and early last season when we pretended there was no need for defending.

He also seems to be a thoroughly decent man. I've quite enjoyed having a decent man in charge.

Roy probably is the best of the lot getting mentioned now and even though I supported him in the England job, that's saying something! Shakespeare knows enough from the Pearson and Ranieri eras, and the players themselves, to get us over the line - and that'll be enough for this season!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I really don't see the problem with Hodgson. I accept that he isn't suited to managing teams with ambitions to contend for honours but with middling sides he does very well. He finished 7th and 12th with Fulham, and led them to a Europa League final. He went on to finish 10th and 8th with Ŵest Brom. He can organise limited teams and never have them in danger of relegation.

If we aren't going to rip things up tactically and approach a Wagner or a Monk I can't think of a better man to lead us to established top flight status. Okay, the football wouldn't be thrilling but then I only remember being thrilled (talking purely stylistically) by Sven's run to the edge of the play off places, early 12/13 under Pearson, and early last season when we pretended there was no need for defending.

He also seems to be a thoroughly decent man. I've quite enjoyed having a decent man in charge.
Mr Tumble seems like a decent man. Let's put him in charge.

I absolutely detested Roy Hodgson as England manager but his club record is actually pretty good. Were he 10 or 20 years younger he'd be a good appointment but my concern is that he's well and truly past it now.

Would be a disaster with this current bunch, his tactics mirror how Claudio had us set up for most of this season, slow, rigid and turgid football, and as this season has shown, hardly a recipie for success, so thanks for the interest Woy but if it's all the same please feck off down to the owl enclosure at Twycross Zoo.

Would be a disaster with this current bunch, his tactics mirror how Claudio had us set up for most of this season, slow, rigid and turgid football, and as this season has shown, hardly a recipie for success, so thanks for the interest Woy but if it's all the same please feck off down to the owl enclosure at Twycross Zoo.

Bang on.

Completely. Would be a total disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570