Read the Sunday Mirror today lads and lasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally would prefer investment that wipes out all the debt, gets us the stadium back and leaves some cash to invest in the squad.

I short I WANT MILAN! (IANGWOC)

I just feel that chucking some money at us is not really enough. It doesn't resolve the longer term problems that potentially cripple us. Subject to the terms of the takeover safeguarding the clubs future I would welcome a takeover as a fresh start.

E-I-E-I-E-I-O
Up The Football League We Go
And When Milan Buys Us
This Is What We'll Sing
We Are Rich, We Are Rich
We Love Mandaric!

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I got sent it last night, honest!

It was YOBO_21 who created it. :icon_wink

The reason we are ripe for a takeover is because we are in the Championship, we have good set ups as in training facilities and stadium. The playing squad is not too bad also and there is a potential fan base of 30,000.
The investors/buyers know that next season there is a minimum payment of £30M, and relegation will now be £9M. They need us to get promoted and quickly. So I would have thought that buying the stadium back would be well down the list of priorities as any spare cash would be spent on the squad.
To get out of this division we have to think and act like a premiership club, and that means buying/loaning the best players around, and it will take a fecking lot more than £5M to do that. There is no commercial sense in buying the stadium back even at £15M, the other major creditors would be at war with us...

4 people want to buy us? :eek:

I want a takeover, not just a cash injection though. Takeover is likely to give us more money in the long term, rather than us getting all the money in one go and if it's wasted then that's tough luck because it's gone.

I hope that we get the offer that is right for us. Mandaric is good because he's run football clubs successfully in the past, and done so in a way that is good for the fans. However, one of these other 3 businesses that are interested might be able to give us more money than Milan. Obviously we want as much money as we can get from a takeover, but at the same time we want someone who will run the club well, and hope they aren't like the Glazers.

Hopefully the board are able to find the right deal for us, and hopefully it will be done in time for us to get players in in January! I think if we spent money on 3-4 decent signings (a striker, a centre mid, a right mid and a left back probably) then we could definetely make a promotion/playoff push in the second half of the season. Our recent form shows we aren't far of being a good side.

Back's up the whisper I heard.

as long as we dont become a franchise and it is done properly I dont mind who pumps the money in tbh.

One thing that is exciting me is that Mandaric hasn't released any sort of statement to the contrary.

I guess he's pushing forward, and fast

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal.../31/SOCCER_Portsmouth.html&TEAMHD=nationwide1

MANDARIC REJECTS POMPEY CRITICISM

Former Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric has rejected suggestions that his plans to take over Leicester are a betrayal of his Pompey roots.

Mandaric is preparing a £25million takeover of the Coca-Cola Championship club and that his led to criticism from Portsmouth fans that it is too soon after he left Fratton Park.

But the Serb-American businessman - in charge of Pompey for seven and a half years before being bought out by Alexandre Gaydamak - believes he should be free to invest his money where he chooses.

Mandaric told the Portsmouth News: "I always promised I would never leave Pompey in trouble, like when they were in danger of relegation from the old First Division.

"Instead I left Pompey in tremendous shape, near the top of the Premiership.

"I've helped put the club on the map. I get happier about that with every additional three points Pompey get.

"I didn't need to sell the club, but thought it was in the best interest of the club to do so.

"If I go to Leicester, supporters should be happy for me that I'm alive and still in football, rather than disappearing off to America or Slovenia and not being heard of again. I'm not ready to retire.

"If I go to Leicester, it's not to a club that is an unfriendly one to us. But whether I go to Leicester or Barcelona, Pompey will always be special in my heart. I might fall in love again, but nothing will replace Pompey.

"It was an unbelievable relationship. We went through some hard times together and had tears on our faces. But it brought us closer together. We've got fantastic memories.

"I might develop another good relationship, but nothing will ever replace the one I developed with Pompey fans. We will always be friends.

"I've had a lots of letters from Pompey fans wishing me all the best and saying what I did for the club was immeasurable. That's fantastic."

As City prepared for tonight's crucial Championship clash at home to Stoke, it was revealed that a company based in theMidlands, aswell as two American businesses, have held talks with the club about a possible takeover.

I wouldn't be shocked if they were the folk who were attempting to buy Villa earlier this year.

2 american businesses will be a link to our Maccy d's Chairman.

As well as these I know there are other people looking at buying/investing in this club.

I wouldn't be shocked if they were the folk who were attempting to buy Villa earlier this year.
2 american businesses will be a link to our Maccy d's Chairman.

As well as these I know there are other people looking at buying/investing in this club.

I had heard they were looking in our direction, among others.

Of course, if all these individuals and consortia that are apparently sniffing around LCFC and elsewhere buy one of the more substantial championship clubs, they can't all succeed in getting quick promotion.

Expanding on the sporting life article, here is the one it's quotes were taken from in the Portsmouth News: http://www.thenews.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=4814&ArticleID=1850886

Notable comment that wasn't in the Sporting Life article:

Mandaric will hold official talks with Leicester this week.
He said: 'I think Leicester could be something that is a special opportunity. But nothing is resolved yet.'
Foxes shareholder Gary Lineker today gave his backing to Mandaric's bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669