Pre Match Reading Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the main difficulty will always be to re-educate the people who only ever travel by car.

I'd happily walk (just under 5 miles) but my daughter and missus wouldn't.

Come to think of it, neither would I if it were raining!

Fans village.Great.Everything I go to the football to escape from is now right there waiting for me.Can't even escape it by going stright into the ground as apparently some non-entity X Factor loser from 2 years ago is the main entertainment both before kick-off & at half-time.
I swear I preferred the 70s & 80s when all i had to worry about was dodging sharpened coins on the Kop & avoiding being attacked on the way home.
A game of FOOTBALL is all I go for...IT'S ENOUGH FOR ME FFS!!!
I don't need cheerleaders,working men's club standard "entertainment",goal music,big screens or any fecking thing else.

Drink...1st half...meat pie...drink...2nd half.

That'll do me & has done for 35 years.

X-Factor.

Jesus wept.

I have no problem with the fan village since I will ignore it.
The X factor girl is not my type of music but I could see she had talent.
Jersey Budd seems to me thoroughly talentless.
I agree with you about cheer leaders. If girls want to go something athletic do a sport. Football is serious and I don't want to see girls jumping up and down grinning..

However, I do not agree with you about the food. Any food that is served to you instantly is likely to be rubbish. Isn't there a nice bakery near you that can do you a good cob or baguette? The best food and is preferably done by someone who knows your name.

Anyway tomorrow it is these new fangled tickets that I am not looking forward to,

Trouble with the cheerleaders is, they are too far away for a proper perve.

My eyes aren't what they used to be, and it's pretty hard (;)) to make out the teddy bear's noses.

I'd happily walk (just under 5 miles) but my daughter and missus wouldn't.

Come to think of it, neither would I if it were raining!

I don't think anybody is suggesting walking.

No, but more people ought to.

Walk, not suggest walking!

I should have started out the day before yesterday in that case.

Fans village.Great.Everything I go to the football to escape from is now right there waiting for me.Can't even escape it by going stright into the ground as apparently some non-entity X Factor loser from 2 years ago is the main entertainment both before kick-off & at half-time.
I swear I preferred the 70s & 80s when all i had to worry about was dodging sharpened coins on the Kop & avoiding being attacked on the way home.
A game of FOOTBALL is all I go for...IT'S ENOUGH FOR ME FFS!!!
I don't need cheerleaders,working men's club standard "entertainment",goal music,big screens or any fecking thing else.

Drink...1st half...meat pie...drink...2nd half.

That'll do me & has done for 35 years.

X-Factor.

Jesus wept.

I bet the X-Factor fella does Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire :)

Unfortunately for us old gits, a fans village is a sign of the times. It's not for me either but there will be plenty of customers out there who are willing to spend there hard earned cash on thai massages and other non football related activities. If this is the type of thing that helps pay the wages of the Robbie Keane's of this world, then I am all for it. On Saturday though, expect me to walk past and head for my pie and pint. Come on City! Let's get into them!!!

On Saturday though, expect me to walk past and head for my pie and pint. Come on City! Let's get into them!!!

This is the reason why I don't understand peoples negativity towards the idea. Some people will like the idea and if you don't want to go to the fans village then don't go to the fans village.

This is the reason why I don't understand peoples negativity towards the idea. Some people will like the idea and if you don't want to go to the fans village then don't go to the fans village.

Well I'm miffed that I have to go in the ground before 2pm to get my free drink.... Why would I want to be inside the stadium before 2pm?

You can get your free drink in the 1884 bar. Go in when they open, get your free drink, then go to your normal pre-match pub.

Suppose it's better than nothing, can't see why I have to have my freebie before 2pm though.. why not just say 'free drink before kick off?'

Because if they did that everyone would just have the free drink. They want you to have the free drink as your first one, before going on to buy several more.

They also want you to get to the ground early so that as many people as possible avoid the last minute chaos that is likely to evolve from the new ticketing system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669