Pre Match Reading Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans village.Great.Everything I go to the football to escape from is now right there waiting for me.Can't even escape it by going stright into the ground as apparently some non-entity X Factor loser from 2 years ago is the main entertainment both before kick-off & at half-time.
I swear I preferred the 70s & 80s when all i had to worry about was dodging sharpened coins on the Kop & avoiding being attacked on the way home.
Yeah, fires on the terraces, people being killed in a massive crush due to unsafe terracing. Thems was the days.
A game of FOOTBALL is all I go for...IT'S ENOUGH FOR ME FFS!!!
Yes, me too.
I don't need cheerleaders,working men's club standard "entertainment",goal music,big screens or any fecking thing else.
Agreed. Goal music should be banned. Cheerleaders have no place in football.
Drink...1st half...meat pie...drink...2nd half.

That'll do me & has done for 35 years.
Whooooaaa there! Just a minute ago you said:
A game of FOOTBALL is all I go for...IT'S ENOUGH FOR ME FFS!!!
Make your mind up! What's all this drink and pie business? Either you want non-football extras or you don't. If I find out you're one of those ****ers who pisses off in about the 39th minute for his pie and only returns to his seat in the 51st minute with crumbs down his shirt I'll be unimpressed since you've done all this crying about unnecessary off-field extras.
X-Factor.

Jesus wept.
:icon_lol:

If I find out you're one of those ****ers who pisses off in about the 39th minute for his pie and only returns to his seat in the 51st minute with crumbs down his shirt I'll be unimpressed

We had two or three of those in my row last season. I hope they have moved.

They also want you to get to the ground early so that as many people as possible avoid the last minute chaos that is likely to evolve from the new ticketing system.

Which will most likely be because, like the Tigers cards, they do not test them all, and some of them will not read correctly.

Any live streams knocking about for this one? I've had a very brief look on the net on my iphone, but I can't find any at the minute. Does anyone know of any? Or am I gonna have to listen to Stringer and Young wittering on for 90 minutes?

If you turn on the radio at 2pm you can hear them wittering for an hour longer! :icon_bigg

The purpose of the Fans Village is to get as many customers as possible to be longer at the venue and therefore spend more money. This is a perfectly proper business strategy. Its an imported American Ball Game model - and good luck to the club who seem to be moving forward in every way.

Personally, I prefered the 1950's model but for obvious reasons that approach would not be likely to make business sense today.

Everything's rubbish nowadays

It all used to be fields round here and you could leave your doors open all day

Everything's rubbish nowadays

It all used to be fields round here and you could leave your doors open all day

Only if you wanted to wake up to white dog poo on your mat. But you wouldn't worry, prisoners were only given bread and water then and flogged daily. **** I miss the good ol' days

The way I see it if only the hardcore faithful went we have no chance of filling the stadium. I think all this family-friendly stuff is a great thing, hopefully more families will come and come more often and the club will be all the better for it in the long term.

I decided I'm going to this one anyway, will be my first game for a while. £36 a ticket! They'd better feckin' win that's all I can say...

The way I see it if only the hardcore faithful went we have no chance of filling the stadium. I think all this family-friendly stuff is a great thing, hopefully more families will come and come more often and the club will be all the better for it in the long term.

I decided I'm going to this one anyway, will be my first game for a while. £36 a ticket! They'd better feckin' win that's all I can say...

I only paid £20 :)

People will always cherish the time when they fell in love with football - football fans are the most conservative people around.

I don't have a problem with these fan villages, PR things etc. They don't bother me and I suppose they fill their purpose as clubs continue to do them. I grew up with Sky, I grew up with commercial breaks and product placement and £40 for a Premier League ticket. A 12.45 kick-off means nothing else to me than a 3pm kick-off does other than an earlier lunch - I know nothing else, and I'm perfectly happy with what I know.

Which will most likely be because, like the Tigers cards, they do not test them all, and some of them will not read correctly.

Readers haven't arrived. Won't be in place until October. **** knows how this leaves the Ticket Exchange scheme - nobody can prove whether a season ticket holder went to today's game.

**** knows how this leaves the Ticket Exchange scheme - nobody can prove whether a season ticket holder went to today's game.

This is how they're handling it:

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2422458,00.html

Ahead of tomorrow night's npower Championship fixture against Bristol City at King Power Stadium, the Club would like to inform Season Ticket Holders of some temporary changes to the Seat Exchange Programme.

Prior to the planned introduction of an Access Control System to King Power Stadium during the autumn, which will see supporters using their season ticket card and a bar code reader to enter the stadium, supporters wishing to use Seat Exchange should follow the procedures detailed below:

·Season Ticket Holders must notify the Ticket Office and submit their Season Card in advance of the home league fixture that they are unable to attend.

·Season Ticket Holders must also stipulate which game they wish to use their additional Seat Exchange tickets for, together with any specific requirements for these tickets.

·The Ticket Office will retain the Season Card for the game that the Season Ticket Holder is unable to attend. The Ticket Office will then return the Season Card via the post immediately after that game.

·Additional Seat Exchange tickets can only be requested for games that are played after the game that Season Ticket Holders are unable to attend.

Once the Access Control system has been implemented, tested and is fully functional, the new software will allow the Club to see if Season Cards have been activated for any particular fixture to support Seat Exchange requests.

The Seat Exchange programme is available for Gold Fixtures during the 2011/12 season only, is strictly subject to availability and is available for a maximum of any four Gold Fixtures per season.

Leicester City would like to thank Season Ticket Holders for their understanding and patience on this matter.

This is how they're handling it:

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2422458,00.html

Ahead of tomorrow night's npower Championship fixture against Bristol City at King Power Stadium, the Club would like to inform Season Ticket Holders of some temporary changes to the Seat Exchange Programme.

Prior to the planned introduction of an Access Control System to King Power Stadium during the autumn, which will see supporters using their season ticket card and a bar code reader to enter the stadium, supporters wishing to use Seat Exchange should follow the procedures detailed below:

·Season Ticket Holders must notify the Ticket Office and submit their Season Card in advance of the home league fixture that they are unable to attend.

·Season Ticket Holders must also stipulate which game they wish to use their additional Seat Exchange tickets for, together with any specific requirements for these tickets.

·The Ticket Office will retain the Season Card for the game that the Season Ticket Holder is unable to attend. The Ticket Office will then return the Season Card via the post immediately after that game.

·Additional Seat Exchange tickets can only be requested for games that are played after the game that Season Ticket Holders are unable to attend.

Once the Access Control system has been implemented, tested and is fully functional, the new software will allow the Club to see if Season Cards have been activated for any particular fixture to support Seat Exchange requests.

The Seat Exchange programme is available for Gold Fixtures during the 2011/12 season only, is strictly subject to availability and is available for a maximum of any four Gold Fixtures per season.

Leicester City would like to thank Season Ticket Holders for their understanding and patience on this matter.

Published today - so too late for people who missed the Reading game and probably too late for tomorrow's game as well. And you've got to know a future game that a friend will be available for, even before you've missed a game.

Wankers. I often don't know until the day whether I can make it or not, so too late for me to get my ticket back to them. They have no ****ing idea.

Why have we got to wait until October for a couple of dozen barcode readers? This is definitely not rocket science. It is 40 years old. They can revamp the stadium in a couple of weeks. Nick Knowles and his DIY SOS team have rebuilt Belvoir Drive in 10 days, but they cannot sort out a few bar code readers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669