Relegation?

Do you think we're going down?

• Yes

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 44.7%

• Total voters

Everyone will be available, but doesn't mean everyone will go.

Losing big earners at the end of their contracts (Youri, Soyuncu) and then selling others who will be in demand (Maddison, Barnes, possibly Ndidi) will free up a lot of money.

There is absolutely no one I'd say with certainty will still be here next season, but we won't get rid of everyone - either because we don't need to once we've got rid of some of the big ones above, or because we can't find takers for them with the wages they're on even when we're willing to let them go for near nothing (Perez has been the most obvious example of this for a while, Vardy could be another now).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Amartey sign a new contract and stay.
.. And I think we will still struggle to find a taker for Vestergaard!

I think the following are pretty much guaranteed to stay:

Iverson, Thomas, Kristiansen, Souttar, KDH, Justin, Choudhury, One of our three strikers. I also think that Evans might renegotiate a deal with us if we want him.

Amartey, if rumours are to be believed, has already signed with AC Milan.

I think the following are pretty much guaranteed to stay:

Iverson, Thomas, Kristiansen, Souttar, KDH, Justin, Choudhury, One of our three strikers. I also think that Evans might renegotiate a deal with us if we want him.

Amartey, if rumours are to be believed, has already signed with AC Milan.

That would be my list too, but it's pretty horrible looking. JJ is the only one I feel any attachment too.

I think Vardy or Daka stays - Iheanacho will get a Prem move I think.

We ought to be selling everyone who's been in the first team this year, none of them have been worth it, many will want to play at a higher level to preserve international careers (as if they deserve it) and I can't see many of them adapting to life in the Championship anyway. That said, it is an opportunity to rebuild and there's some decent talent in the youth team - we should be able to keep Iversen, Choudhury, KDH, Thomas and Hirst. They're good enough for the Championship. Find six more good players with some sound recruitment which might be possible since we've only had someone in that role since Christmas (a scandal which shows quite how badly run the club has become) and add a subs bench including Brunt, Leshabela Popov, Braybrooke, Alves and the Pennants - maybe something to cheer for at least.

We ought to be selling everyone who's been in the first team this year, none of them have been worth it, many will want to play at a higher level to preserve international careers (as if they deserve it) and I can't see many of them adapting to life in the Championship anyway. That said, it is an opportunity to rebuild and there's some decent talent in the youth team - we should be able to keep Iversen, Choudhury, KDH, Thomas and Hirst. They're good enough for the Championship. Find six more good players with some sound recruitment which might be possible since we've only had someone in that role since Christmas (a scandal which shows quite how badly run the club has become) and add a subs bench including Brunt, Leshabela Popov, Braybrooke, Alves and the Pennants - maybe something to cheer for at least.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...Castagne-Leicester-Mikel-Arteta-Edu-shortlist

They're starting to circle. I wonder if anyone comes in for Riccy. He'd be a great asset if he stays fit. Clubs might be put off by his injury record.

I might suggest stuffed brown envelopes but I suspect we haven't enough dosh to stuff them with. What a pitiful club we've become.

Why did the board ignore the situation for so long? Loyalty? Inability? Rabbits in the headlights? Simple not the funds to manoeuvre? All we could do was hang on and hope?

Simon Jordan puts the boot in (that's his role) and one suspects he enjoys spaffing on his jack boots BUT there is a bottom line truth there.

For whatever other faults there are, Rodgers was manager and it was his role to manage; to cut the cloth accordingly and not to continue to pursue his own ideals. He might complain that he didn't have the tools to deliver his football but that didn't seemingly cause him to revaluate how to deliver on his mandate. To my mind he is undoubtedly culpable for where we are, for ripping the belief out of the squad with his continual belittling excuses.

Ahead of the weekend, here’s how things stand and the run in for all 5 threatened teams. Most of those five teams can score points from their remaining games. It’s gonna be tight.

Forest (16th, 33pts)
13 May Chelsea (a), 20 May Arsenal (h), 28 May Crystal Palace (a)

Everton (17th 32pts)
14 May Manchester City (h), 20 May Wolves (a), 28 May Bournemouth (h)

Leicester (18th 30pts)
15 May Liverpool (h), 22 May Newcastle (a), 28 May West Ham (h)

Leeds (19th 30pts)
13 May Newcastle (h), 21 May West Ham (a), 28 May Tottenham (h)

Southampton (20th 24pts)
13 May Fulham (h), 21 May Brighton (a), 28 May Liverpool (h)

We’ve got the easy game out of the way (Fulham) so 3 straight wins to finish a shite season

Matron , forgot my meds again

Spoiler alert: it’s not going to be tight for us. We could be gone before we kick off against Newcastle, certainly by the end of that match.

I’m just in acceptance now.

4 points and I think we stay up on goal difference.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663