RICHARD aka 'DONKEY' STEARMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS, Stearman is becoming the new Jordan Stewart. A fairly decent player who will eventually be forced out by the fans, just because he hasn't yet turned into the star he was bigged up to be.

He's a decent player and one of the few players we have who runs for the full 90 mins. Since the change to 4-4-2 he's looked a lot more comfortable too. He's been getting forward more as a full back than he did as a wing back!

The odd mistake here, loose pass there, doesn't make him shite it makes him normal. It pisses me off that people expect us to have world class players.

Last edited:
FFS, Stearman is becoming the new Jordan Stewart. A fairly decent player who will eventually be forced out by the fans, just because he hasn't yet turned into the star he was bigged up to be.

He's a decent player and one of the few players we have who runs for the full 90 mins. Since the change to 4-4-2 he's looked a lot more comfortable too. He's been getting forward more as a full back than he did as a wing back!

The odd mistake here, loose pass there, doesn't make him shite it makes him normal. It pisses me off that people expect us to have world class players.

Do you not also think this is the problem in general with English fans and the England players? There was a caller on Ian Wrights radio show the other night saying that he thinks Arsene Wenger has it right with Walcott, even though he is supposed to be the next big thing, he plays him intermittently, doesn't big him up overly and lets him progress at his own pace. It's how they do it on the continent, and apparantly for teams like Italy and France their players don't make the international team until they are 21/22 really.

We pushed Rooney and Owen in at ridculously young ages, expect them to be world beaters, they crush them in the media when they have a bad run

We pushed Rooney and Owen in at ridculously young ages, expect them to be world beaters, they crush them in the media when they have a bad run

Because it's when players are better. The myth that players get better and have a peak is now nonsense. You only had to watch the Barcelona derby where Barca had Messi and Bojan on - they will never probably be any better. The time to get the best from players is 17-23, before the footie circus get hold of them.

Because it's when players are better. The myth that players get better and have a peak is now nonsense. You only had to watch the Barcelona derby where Barca had Messi and Bojan on - they will never probably be any better. The time to get the best from players is 17-23, before the footie circus get hold of them.

If thats the case, why don't you see a lot of teams winning trophies with players that age.

Last edited:
I parked in a disabled spot once, but in fairness I misunderstood the symbol, I thought that they were parking spaces for people who think the sun shines out of their arse.

My friend parked in a disabled spot once and some old woman started having a go at him saying the youth of today have no respect. He then asked how disabled he had to be and explained that due to two seperate fights with cancer he currently has a metal knee, only one lung and is missing half a dozen ribs. He also pointed out the disable badge in the front of his car and told her that the problem with todays youth is that they have to put up with self rightous old women who talk out their arse.

I have never laughed so much. :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Sorry hazz but that's a load of crap.

Fair enough, some players are better when they're young but they're usually the ones that have a bad attitude and/or a lack of motivation.

The majority of players get better with age, especially when they're playing at our level. Can you really say that the 18 year-old Michael Owen is better than the 28 year-old? I don't think so (except for the injuries).

I do agree with Beighton's post though - so much hype surrounds young english players that there's too much pressure on them.

My friend parked in a disabled spot once and some old woman started having a go at him saying the youth of today have no respect. He then asked how disabled he had to be and explained that due to two seperate fights with cancer he currently has a metal knee, only one lung and is missing half a dozen ribs. He also pointed out the disable badge in the front of his car and told her that the problem with todays youth is that they have to put up with self rightous old women who talk out their arse.

I have never laughed so much. :icon_bigg

I really hope that's true! :038:

It's cold here at the moment. We may even get...... frost! :018:

It's so hot here that I'm thinking of going to the shopping mall to hang out in the air conditioning. Only thing that is stopping is the fact that I've had so many rum & cokes that I don't think I'd make it three blocks before some over zealous prick in a cop's uniform pulled me over and asked me to blow in some stupid plastic pipe. :icon_conf

Sorry hazz but that's a load of crap.

Can you really say that the 18 year-old Michael Owen is better than the 28 year-old? I don't think so (except for the injuries).

Yes he is. His lack of mobility at mid-twenties means he's now just a goal poacher. At 18, he had the ability to rip the Argies apart in a single run. I haven't seen that Michael Owen since.

I haven't seen the Rooney since Euro 2004 or his Man Ure debut season.

Man United won the league spearheaded by a couple of 20 year olds.

Arsenal are leading the Premiership led by a 20 year old.

And the rest of the players in the team?! There will always be a good blend of youth and experience but there is no way that the peak of a players career is between 17-23.

And the rest of the players in the team?! There will always be a good blend of youth and experience but there is no way that the peak of a players career is between 17-23.

I'm going back in time here but I do believe I was better as a player between 18-25 than afterwards. If the same is true of other players then Hazz is right.

Yes he is. His lack of mobility at mid-twenties means he's now just a goal poacher. At 18, he had the ability to rip the Argies apart in a single run. I haven't seen that Michael Owen since.
Haha. You're telling me that the only qualities of Michael Owen's game are pace and goal poaching? By your recokning, Elvis Hammond should be in the England squad instead :icon_roll

And i don't remember him skinning a whole defence, i seem to remember 2 defenders and half a midfielder. Not that i want to take anything away from him.

I haven't seen the Rooney since Euro 2004 or his Man Ure debut season.

Again, when Rooney was a unkown he suprised people with his physical strength and powerful long range efforts. He's added a lot more to his game now and is twice the player imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669