RICHARD aka 'DONKEY' STEARMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going back in time here but I do believe I was better as a player between 18-25 than afterwards. If the same is true of other players then Hazz is right.
I'm sure if you were training every day during those years you would've maintained and improved your ability.

I think the title of this thread shows why Ollie was critical of some of the fans attitude towards the players.

I'm sure if you were training every day during those years you would've maintained and improved your ability.

Damn it Nate, you're right. If only I hadn't started smoking pot & drinking during those golden years I could've played for the Oadby Old Boys. :icon_conf

FFS, Stearman is becoming the new Jordan Stewart. A fairly decent player who will eventually be forced out by the fans, just because he hasn't yet turned into the star he was bigged up to be.

He's a decent player and one of the few players we have who runs for the full 90 mins. Since the change to 4-4-2 he's looked a lot more comfortable too. He's been getting forward more as a full back than he did as a wing back!

The odd mistake here, loose pass there, doesn't make him shite it makes him normal. It pisses me off that people expect us to have world class players.

I agree, the comparison with JS is one that has crossed my mind a few times.

But, I find it increasingly difficult to support someone who doesn't seem to be improving (implying a lack of committment to his training) and, if his off field antics are anything to go by, doesn't give a toss.

Damn it Nate, you're right. If only I hadn't started smoking pot & drinking during those golden years I could've played for the Oadby Old Boys. :icon_conf
Hmmmmmm, that all sounds vaguely familiar..... I wonder if we knew each other in our former lives?

Hmmmmmm, that all sounds vaguely familiar..... I wonder if we knew each other in our former lives?

Not likely, I think I went to South Wigston High for one year, won the cross country across all those canals and then we migrated to Oz. Been there ever since. :tumbleweed:

Maybe Stearman might be worth trying at Centre Half....Certainly don't think he's a Wing Back

Last edited:
Maybe Stearman might be worth trying at Centre Half....Certainly don't think he's a Wing Back

That's just crazy talk, HF

We all know he's a winger/central midfiled dynamo - or possibly a centre forward

if he had a half decent game on tues night, then fair enough...but he's been a pretty regular starter this year and has been woefull in 90% of games. I swear his pass completion stat must be next to zero through either a) hoofing it directly out of play, or b) hoofing it aimlessly up the park to noone!!! and his attempt to get in the way of Southampton's 3 foot 2 winger nod back was comical! Who incidently ran rings around him and the rest of the defence all day last sat.

I agree that getting on the back of players can be counter productive and was embarrassed for myself, CCort, and all city fans who were booing him on the pitch, but how long do we have to keep paying good money to watch a team who are so poor, i think only a handfull would make it into a Sunday team.

Last edited:
I swear his pass completion stat must be next to zero through either a) hoofing it directly out of play, or b) hoofing it aimlessly up the park to noone!!!

You could say exactly the same thing about McAuley (in fact his distribution is probably a lot worse), but no one is calling him woeful

You could say exactly the same thing about McAuley (in fact his distribution is probably a lot worse), but no one is calling him woeful

McAuley is woeful..... useless tosser

But there are reasons as to why he is.Its a smokescreen and theres a technicality as to why he appears woeful.I cannnot and will not go into it though...

I know, HF

There are secret reasons why he can only get a game in the first team, and not in the reserves where he belongs

I don't think mg would agree, especially after sitting next to me for the last few games :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669