Rivalry

Who of the 3 do you consider to be Leicesters biggest rivals

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Is it time now to accept that our biggest local rivals are the Covscum:102:

This is nothing to do with the fact that Derby and Forest are in different divisions to us at the moment, its just something that often puzzles me.
Over the years the traditional enemies of Leicester City have always been Forest and Derby, with many considering Forest to be the main targets of the blue mongies.
The hatred for Cov maybe diluted because of their West Midlands classification. On local television we never see them, so is it a case of out of sight, out of mind ?
When you break things down though i find it strange that the Covscum are not public enemy no1 in Leicester.
Forest and Derby consider us as poor relations in their own intense rivalries, probaly akin to the Sunderland, Newcastle and M'boro set-up.
Of course depending in which part of the county you come from will influence personal opinions to the most despised team.
Imo the case for Cov being the main enemy stems from a few things. Geographically Coventry are the nearest of the 3 teams to us. Cov also like to consider Villa as their main enemy, but Villa are totally taken up with their dislike of Birmingham. So both Leicester and Cov are looking on enviously at intense rivalries between other teams. Surely we should be looking at each other:102:
Having been in close quarters with fans from all 3 local rivals, i can say without any fear that the Covscum fans are amongst the most irritating people i know. Deluded that they are a much bigger team than ourselves, and like Forest they live off something that they won over 20 yrs ago. We may have the blue mongies but believe me we have nothing compared to these inbreds.
So what is your take on it ? I suspect it will be Forest for the majority, but imo it makes us like a lap dog pining for some attention from its master.
Bollox to Forest, i hate Cov:icon_wink

Derby and Forest provide us with the "East Midlands Derby"

Cov are West Midlands so I would suggest that's why they receive less attention.

Melton is a mix of Forest and Leicester fans. Forest fans in Melton consider us more of a target than Derby.

I grew up with most of my mates supprting Forest in the late seventies/early eighties. It was bloody hell!!!!

Depends where you live, just like Melton's point.

As I live in the centre pretty much, I just dislike them all! :biggrin:

well according to "the real football factory" being repeated on bravo its chelsea.:102:

Living nearer to the Leics/Warks border than the city of Leicester itself I have to agree about the inbredness of anyone from that side of the border.

so that's why I have 6 fingers on each foot

actually there are a lot of Leicester fans in Rugby, probably 40/60 split with KovSkum

Personally think forest are least rivals. Most people i know fecking hate Derby.

always has been the forest tossers! derby are a minor distraction and coventry arn't worth bothering about. infact i would imagine hinkley united would provide more of a challenge than any of those three!! ;)

Last edited:
Originating from Rugby originally it was always Cov that were the team I disliked the most. Going back to 1969, the first season I saw City relgated, it was us or them and I have never forgotten that. And they cheated at Highfield road. We had a goal dissallowed and they had a dubious pen and won 1-0. And we lost the last game and it hurt.

'Course, I've got used to it since.

how can anyone say cov! no history of anything bad between us probably not played them as much as the other two either! we are east midlands so thats it! and cov hate villa! derby hate forest! its forest and derby for me dont care about brummie speaking cov team never will! only my opinion though

and I hate cov cos I come from burbage and had to put up with cov fans spouting off about how many seasons they had been a top flight club even though they were nearly relegated every season

Don't bother with football rivalry never have,there are teams I dislike but I don't consider them rivals

For me its cov at the minute cos i work in warwick with alot of the bastards. im gonna get hammerd if we dont win sat.

Never classed Cov as rivals - always Derby and Forest. If Cov, Sheep and Trees were all in the same div as City then ask most City supporter which fixtures excites them the most? My guessing is the Derby and Forest games. Home and away.

well according to "the real football factory" being repeated on bravo its chelsea.:102:

That's nothing to do with the 'football' rivalry being discussed here, that's down to history between those involved in naughtiness.

I think it changes depending on the frequency of fixtures and the divisions you are playing in. IMO if all the sides were in the same division then the rivalary would be as follows :

1) Forest
2) Derby
3) Cov

Because Forest and Derby are in different divisions the rivalry becomes more diluted hence why the Cov games this season will mean a more intense rivalry.

Also I think where you live plays a big part, because for me the most important and most passionate games are against Preston.

Depends where you're from / live / work. As a Loughborough lad, it's always been the sheep. South of Leicester it'll be Cov, north it's Derby / Forest. Although where-ever you're from, or even whoever you support, Leeds hafta come close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566