Robert Pires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't moan at this signing. Pires has always seemed a decent professional (I stand to be corrected, however) and has that touch of class. If Pearson rates him I rate him, as NP has stated, he doesn't sign players to get arses on seats, so if Pires were to turn out next season it'd be because the management team rates him highly. Gerrimin

From that same Mercury story ...

However, it is unlikely that City would make an approach for Pires as his wage demands would be high, and would eat up a large portion of Pearson's budget.

City have signed the 36-year-old former Newcastle United and Aston Villa midfielder Nolberto Solano on a new six-month contract, but are understood to be looking to recruit young prospects that can develop under Pearson and his coaching staff.

:102:

The fact that he is even prepared to mention approaches from championship clubs may mean he thinks a prem club might not give him many starts and he might just prefer 30 games a season for us than be a bench warmer for Bolton!

Davids all over again??

Would love it to be true as even at his age I feel Pires could do more than a job for us at Championship level.

Does anyone remember that sketch off fantasy football from euro 2004 where they swapped Pires' arse and chin around and they looked the same... no just me then...

Fantasy football was a great addition to international tournaments. Don't like Frank Skinner but it was still better than the 'James Corden and friends make noise show'

i would laugh a bit, go out for a drive, crack open a bottle of dom, light a cuban and then weep a little in the corner of a dark room if he joins.....i hope he joins.

Can't see the point in signing him really, he's never done anything to suggest that he's better than Dany or Lloyd.....

Other than playing in the Arsenal Invincibles, part of a world cup winning side! No he's not done anything to suggest he's better than Dany or Lloyd! Although i still believe this story is a load of Betty Swollocks!

Other than playing in the Arsenal Invincibles, part of a world cup winning side! No he's not done anything to suggest he's better than Dany or Lloyd! Although i still believe this story is a load of Betty Swollocks!

He's come out today and denied the approach (see the mockery story in the newsfeed)

lanxfox jnr said:
I don't think Ted was being entirely serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363