Rodgers has gone

I still can’t believe how much this **** has ****ed our club up.

FA Cup or not, he has left us in an absolute shit state.

He should be embarrassed at how he has left us.

Rodgers first 2 years at Leicester vs his last 2 years at Leicester:
horse-drawing.jpg

I don't think Rodgers' achievements in his first 2 years here should be diminished by how badly the last 18 months/2 years have been.

I can't be bothered opening the incredibly boring, subjective debate into whether he "cost us" top 4 in those 2 seasons, but two 5th placed finishes and an FA Cup is more success than any manager other than Ranieri has ever given us.

Interesting to hear Simon Jordan's take on it, he was implying he thought Rodgers walked because he had lost the dressing room and had lost his motivation. He felt the statement by the club read that the board did not want to sack him and it was more probable that Rodgers wanted to leave.

Interesting to hear Simon Jordan's take on it, he was implying he thought Rodgers walked because he had lost the dressing room and had lost his motivation. He felt the statement by the club read that the board did not want to sack him and it was more probable that Rodgers wanted to leave.
Interesting interpretation.... it's possible, obviously.

The cynic in me thinks that the only reason Rodgers would want to walk was because he'd be tapped up over the Chelsea job. But who knows, maybe he did want to cut his losses and called time. I just assumed the club were being respectful and doing him the service of saying that it was by "mutual consent".

Bottom line is the same and I'm just chuffed (though that understates it) that he's gone.

More probably because he thought the City faithful were going to get off their arses tomorrow and cause a really toxic atmosphere.
Or perhaps not!

Bollocks. Orchestrated brilliance by LCFC and Todd Boehly to perform a manager swap without paying any extra money out. You watch.

Handsome payoff, no relegation on his CV, next job right around the corner and a handful of trusty lieutenants in the media to scrub his reputation.

No doubt in my mind he asked them to leave.

No way Rodgers would compromise on one penny owed to him by being sacked.

It's been obvious that he's wanted out for ages but he wouldn't walk.

Handsome payoff, no relegation on his CV, next job right around the corner and a handful of trusty lieutenants in the media to scrub his reputation.

Could the 2 things happen? Shirley he'd have to give up some cash if he wanted to walk?

It's been obvious that he's wanted out for ages but he wouldn't walk.
He did a cost benefit analysis of the stain of relegation and decided he'd lose a few notes now to make more on the back end.

Handsome payoff...

The term 'mutual agreement' must tell us something. It tells me he was not sacked but that the club was happy for him to go and he was happy to go. It also tells me that he will not receive a full payout.

It can be both handsome and less than the full amount. I agree with you.
The amount can also be further reduced should he find employment in the period that was left on his contract. He's a man that fancies himself and who doesn't expect to be out of work for long.

This is it. Didn't want a relegation on his CV and will just hammer down on the fact that he wasn't backed properly.

People have weird memories about how good we are and we're. That it was jut a recent dip in form when we have in fact been very inconsistent for 18 months now. **** the media anyway. We know the truth.

This is it. Didn't want a relegation on his CV and will just hammer down on the fact that he wasn't backed properly.

People have weird memories about how good we are and we're. That it was jut a recent dip in form when we have in fact been very inconsistent for 18 months now. **** the media anyway. We know the truth.
We’ve been anything but inconsistent this season.

We’ve been anything but inconsistent this season. A team second bottom after 28 games is very consistent.

Bet he slyly slags the club off now to his fanboys in the media.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663