Rodgers has gone

As if "balancing the books" was done entirely to scupper Rodgers. The bloke's like a spoilt child. I never got why he sulked and grizzled as he did, for as long as he did. It seemed to me that he never truly appreciated the position the club was in, a position partly brought about by Rodgers himself. If the club had followed its usual model and off-loaded players, rather than paying them more, then he'd have had both space and funds to do his much talked about 'refresh' last summer.

Driscoll and Rodgers go back a while it seems, around 20 years plus maybe, from Chelsea days and possibly Reading before that.

Just need to get rid of the sponsor now. Our downfall really started when we had ****ing Bull Shit as a sponsor and not King Power. It's so obvious!!?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, to think that all these years later, the manager who finally made that happen leaves as 2nd on my all time shit list behind only Frank McLintock is ****ing mind boggling. But it's how it is.

Of course, it could still turn out that the damage he's done is much bigger & longer lasting than anything that other turd managed. In which case he'll probably end up dispalcing him at the top of the list. But for now...well, **** off Brendan. & i hope your career spirals down into nothing & you end up back in the footballing wastelands north of the border where your bullshit will probably still play.

I'm sorry but why has Brendan Rodgers ended up as number two on your all-time worst managers? Is it because he oversaw our decline from top five to a relegation battle and because most of his signings were worse than the ones he inherited? Whilst I do get that those things are bad, how can he be worse than Ian Holloway, Peter Taylor, Paulo Sousa and Sven Goran Eriksson?

Rodgers is a good manager in comparison to many that we have had. The problem lies in the fact that he has no connection with the fans. As a consequence there is a huge amount of negativity towards him.

Brendan Rodgers said:
There is a strong infrastructure and environment in place that puts the club on a strong footing to move forward - a world-class training facility, a passionate and unswerving fan base, a group of great players full of ability and character, and special owners."I am obviously disappointed to depart so close to the end of the season and had every confidence that we would have delivered the results needed to preserve the club's Premier League status. I would like to wish everybody at the club the very best of luck as they seek to continue to deliver on this objective."I’m now looking forward to having a chance to reflect and recharge and get ready for the next opportunity".

Just need to get rid of the sponsor now. Our downfall really started when we had ****ing Bull Shit as a sponsor and not King Power. It's so obvious!!?
Karma.

A friend of mine who's a Stoke fan (poor guy) said today he felt that Brendan just looked like he'd lost interest.

I agree - it really did look that simple.

He had to sell all the best players bla bla bla....in 2 years we've HAD to sell 1 player, but one who doesn't really count as a full 1 as he's made of breadsticks and hardly ever played. We chose to sell our only goalkeeper but even that makes it slightly more than 1 player he's lost while taking us from 5th to 18th.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663