Rugby World Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Narh. In the likely event of your defeat, you'll come back, be forgotten and come Feb' it'll be blinding apparent you're still absolute toss when the rest of us maul you. ;)

Please, God, not another four years of clueless, smug, rent-a-fans claiming England are the best rygbi playing nation on the planet.

In your unbiased opinion of course. Remind me again how Wales got on:102:

The pub was just too packed. :icon_sad: Second half at home. Come on England. :038:

Notice the big difference between football and rugby followers when it comes to contentious issues.
Football, go on and on about what would have been if the ref had given it their way.
Rugby, we weren't given it, get over it. Interesting.....
As for tonights game, full marks to the lads for getting to the final and giving the boks a game.
They won the game from their lineout superiority, but hey, we're still the best Rugby team in the UK, 2nd best in the World;) and if they had given that try, well ..................

Notice the big difference between football and rugby followers when it comes to contentious issues.
Football, go on and on about what would have been if the ref had given it their way.
Rugby, we weren't given it, get over it. Interesting.....
As for tonights game, full marks to the lads for getting to the final and giving the boks a game.
They won the game from their lineout superiority, but hey, we're still the best Rugby team in the UK, 2nd best in the World;) and if they had given that try, well ..................

Not sure about that, but our lineout was dreadful. :icon_conf

Stupid game, fans are c**ts and Im glad nobody will talk about it for another 4 years!

As for this 'they showed great team spirit to get to the final', who gives a fcuk, if the footballers had played the same boring, negative tactics they would have been lambasted for it!

All Egg chasers are wa**ers, FACT!

Last edited:
Best rugby team in the UK? Er? Sorry, who's the Triple Crown holders? Year before that? Before that? Before that? What happened last time you played Ireland or Wales in a tournament fixture?

I'd wait 'til February before you start making brash claims.

In your unbiased opinion of course. Remind me again how Wales got on

Bottled it trying to play sevens against possibly the best sevens playing nation in the world. Talk about stupidity.

Often misconstrued for bias, I just know my rugby. Whether or not the facts are what you want to hear is another matter.

ps: Unlucky, lads. My genuine condolences.

Last edited:
****ing rugby bollox my arse. C***s, all of 'em with their funny shaped balls and goalposts. Posh wax tossers.

To those who also think they like rugby just for tomorrow, you're tossers too.

Stupid game, fans are c**ts and Im glad nobody will talk about it for another 4 years!

As for this 'they showed great team spirit to get to the final', who gives a fcuk, if the footballers had played the same boring, negative tactics they would have been lambasted for it!

All Egg chasers are wa**ers, FACT!

Why even bother commenting if you hate Rugby and the people that follow it that much. I have a moderate interest in the game and am not ashamed to say that i've enjoyed the world cup. To be put in the category of a tosser w&nker and a cnut for having an interest in a sport is too pathetic for words. If you dont like Rugby fine but dont castigate us all with unnecessary abuse

Why even bother commenting if you hate Rugby and the people that follow it that much. I have a moderate interest in the game and am not ashamed to say that i've enjoyed the world cup. To be put in the category of a tosser w&nker and a cnut for having an interest in a sport is too pathetic for words. If you dont like Rugby fine but dont castigate us all with unnecessary abuse

100% agree BB. ;) :biggrin:

To be put in the category of a tosser w&nker and a cnut for having an interest in a sport is too pathetic for words
Glad to see you're not overreacting. I sense that you are feeling a little sorry after last night's result and are deciding to take a contrived offence to two posts that are posted in the general rugby/football rivalry context.

When I see the rugby fans stop looking down their noses at us and calling us football fans derogatory names, then I too will stop.

If for one minute you think, that I think that all rugby fans are cnuts, then that is "too pathetic for words". I know rugby fans that are cnuts, the same as I know football fans that are cnuts, therefore my description is fairly accurate to my personal opinion.

Glad to see you're not overreacting. I sense that you are feeling a little sorry after last night's result and are deciding to take a contrived offence to two posts that are posted in the general rugby/football rivalry context.

When I see the rugby fans stop looking down their noses at us and calling us football fans derogatory names, then I too will stop.

If for one minute you think, that I think that all rugby fans are cnuts, then that is "too pathetic for words". I know rugby fans that are cnuts, the same as I know football fans that are cnuts, therefore my description is fairly accurate to my personal opinion.

Not sorry at all about last nights result, the best team won. You stated that anyone following England just because of that game is a tosser. Why? There are all types of fans in football, from die hard away fans, to season ticket holders , to occasional fans, to armchair fans. It dosent make them tossers just because they dont turn up week in week out. I have no objection to your dislike of rugby but it does appear in this forum that you are not ' cool ' if you dont join the slag fest of the egg chasers.
There is too much stereotyping going on. I like Rugby, i dont drive a big feck vehicle, i'm not posh, i dont look down the noses of football fans, i just enjoy the sport for what it is. I dont see where it warrants abuse:102:

You stated that anyone following England just because of that game is a tosser. Why?
No I didn't.

I was criticising those that don't like a sport, and then choose to because the national team is winning. It's the same for football and Tennis, i have a despise for those that only come out at Wimbledon and World Cup time.

I also included anti Rugby jibes, yes, because I wanted to, because it's part of the banter between rugger and footy fans. I'm sure you are able to deal with this without choosing to be offended.

I have stated my reasons and won't be stating them again.

How old are you, mate? I'm rather concerned my suspicions that you're old enough to know better are true. He's over-reacting? The very epitome of your nation's ethos achieves a World Cup final place and all you can do is come into a twenty-page long rugby thread and post some contrived, cliché, I'm-so-working-class toss about then all being *****?

And now you've got the brains, or lack of them, to just stand there contradicting yourself. One minute you're on the rant about "the rugby fans" abusing you, what, as some great mass? The next you're telling us they're NOT all bad and that there's only a few bad eggs, as there are with football?

Make up your mind, sunshine. Banter's one thing, raw abuse is by far another.

I've been down the Tigers when a good City result gets a cheer, I've stood on the terraces with a radio and had ample people asking after the City scores with genuine interest. Sure there's a few whiney, old dodgers hanging on to some aeons-old, stereotype about rugby and football and class; but they're on both sides of the fence and they're both total goobers.

Maybe I've just never bought into it. I mean, back 'ome rugby's the sport for everyone, you go to Stradey Park and it's like being on a League Two terrace. It's more like an old-school football atmosphere than most the grounds in the Championship and Prem, tbfh with you mate.

Get a bit informed before you sit trolling nonsense.

Last edited:
How old are you, mate? I'm rather concerned my suspicions that you're old enough to know better are true. He's over-reacting? The very epitome of your nation's ethos achieves a World Cup final place and all you can do is come into a twenty-page long rugby thread and post some contrived, cliché, I'm-so-working-class toss about then all being *****?
As far as I'm concerned Rugby doesn't epitomise my nation, so I feel no need to join in the euphoria

And now you've got the brains, or lack of them, to just stand there contradicting yourself. One minute you're on the rant about "the rugby fans" abusing you, what, as some great mass? The next you're telling us they're NOT all bad and that there's only a few bad eggs, as there are with football?
So, are you suggesting I tar them all with the same brush?. Yes, to begin with I generalised rugby fans with a stereotype, I happen to like stereotypes. Once I realised I'd upset or offended BB, I decided to offer a more honest fact, that of course they are not ALL bad. I generalise and stereotype yes, but I know not everybody who likes a particular thing, or comes from a particular place automatically fits that stereotype. I'm sorry that I had to explain that.

Make up your mind, sunshine. Banter's one thing, raw abuse is by far another.
If you think that was "raw abuse", welcome to Talking balls my friend, hold on to your patience, you'll need it.

I've been down the Tigers when a good City result gets a cheer, I've stood on the terraces with a radio and had ample people asking after the City scores with genuine interest. Sure there's a few whiney, old dodgers hanging on to some aeons-old, stereotype about rugby and football and class; but they're on both sides of the fence and they're both total goobers.
You've just put what you accused me of saying. You just said that there are the stereotypes, and there are those that aren't, you're confusing me.

Maybe I've just never bought into it. I mean, back 'ome rugby's the sport for everyone, you go to Stradey Park and it's like being on a League Two terrace. It's more like an old-school football atmosphere than most the grounds in the Championship and Prem, tbfh with you mate.
Good, I'm pleased. In my 'ome, sport isn't "for everyone", it's for those who like it, and those who don't.

Get a bit informed before you sit trolling nonsense.
I'm happy you think I'm trolling nonsense, you may not feel the need to converse with me in future :icon_wink

So to conclude, you're just after a reaction, really?

That's handy, I nearly always do. You'll like me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566